PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Red_Wednesday
May 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone! This is a great forum and I'm looking forward to learning a lot about healthy hair growth.

I have some issues. I was almost at waist, but I cut my hair back. At first I just did a microtrim thinking I'd take care of any damage over time, but a couple days ago I snapped and cut off about 2+" inches - I didn't even try feye's self trimming method - I just pulled my hair over my shoulder and cut:rolleyes:. I suppose I'm now just below BSL. My first thought was that my hair was just really damaged because the longer layers were so thin, but I just read a thread on this board that says other people experience the same kind of thin ends, so now I'm kicking myself for reacting so dramatically. Oh well:shrug:. Anyway, I'm hoping that the summer will get me back on track, because my hair tends to grow faster over the summer (about 1/2 to 3/4")- then sheds a bunch in the fall:confused:.

Anyway, if there is anything i need, it's patience, and I'm hoping being part of this great forum will help me with that, I think seeing other people with great hair going through a few ups and downs will help me keep it in perspective and hopefully not "snap" again, because I really want to accomplish my goal of hip length healthy hair:D.

Red_Wednesday
May 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Oh yeah!! I'm also a big henna fan:cheese:. Currently, I use jamila BAQ, I used to use Yemen, but I switched to Jamila, now I'm thinking I may switch back.

Flaxen
May 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Hello Red_Wednesday; welcome to TLHC! :waving:

Mastermindsgirl
May 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Yay henna! Welcome to the forums!

Red_Wednesday
May 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hi Flaxen and Mastermindsgirl:cheese:!! Thanks so much for the welcome:D:D:D!!

Morag
May 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Red Wednesday! :waving:
Nice to meet you! :flowers: