PDA

View Full Version : My hair is GREEN! Help!!

TinaDenali
August 25th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ok, LHC'ers... I am in need of some serious help!! *Picture added at the end*

I noticed about a week ago that my ends were a strange shade of green/grey. It's not ALL my ends, it's like green streaks. Not a look I'm going for!

Anyhow, let me tell you my hair history and perhaps you can help me solve the mystery!

You can see my progress pictures here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46055

Summer 2008 I had a series of bleaches done to make my hair white blonde for my wedding. I chopped that to chin in August.

In September 2008, I used a box dye to try to get back to my natural color and I got close enough that I didn't need to dye anymore after that.

In September of 2009, I used LUSH caca brun on my hair over night. It made for a nice rich chocolate auburn... that last only a few months. I had NO roots.

In January of this year (2010) I used Light Mountain 'Black' (Indigo with henna) and achieved a nice cool dark brown - but that lasted about a month.

After all that, here's a recent and very accurate picture of my color in sunlight (it's of course darker inside the house):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5276&pictureid=76719

Now, as far as hair care, I've been using Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner for about a year. I dilute the shampoo down and use it in a spray bottle to shampoo only my roots. I condition from ears down. I wash my hair every other day. I rarely cut my hair - in the last two years I think I've dusted off a total of about 2 inches, perhaps - if that. So, my ends were once the bleach blonde bob that is the first picture in the above mentioned post.

Recently, however - I read some posts on how cones can work for some people and I ran out and got Triple Nutrition and Pantene. I've been using them for a little over a month - but I've got it in a rotation. I'll use TN, Pantene, NG and back again. The TN came with a sample shampoo, so for the past month I've been trying that out in between washes with the NG shampoo, too.

And now for the GREEN part. About a week and a half ago I was in the bathroom and I looked down at my ends and thought they looked a strange color. I thought it was the light, so I went outside and sure enough I've got this green/grey look to my ends! As I mentioned, it's not like a deep green that covers my ends, it's like a streaked look of tinted green/grey hair. And, it will be on like 1/2 inch of my ends, go back to normal, then another inch or two of it, like STRIPED, STREAKED GREEN ENDS! HALP!!

I showed my husband and our friend and they both agreed it looks green, so i know it's not just my eyes playing tricks on me. And I tried shampooing the crap out of my ends thinking perhaps it was build-up of some sort, to no avail. I oiled, I super conditioned... nothing. And the condition of my ends hasn't changed, I don't think they are 'rotting' or anything... I hope! ???

I'm at a loss. I'm scared. I fear I'll have to cut a good 3-4 inches off my ends to rid myself of this green, and I really don't want to do that. My other option I guess is to dye it, but I don't really want to do that either - but I'd rather dye and save my length than cut it off.

Anyone got any ideas??

ETA - I will try and get a picture of my hair tomorrow in the sunlight and see if I can capture the green.
ETA2 - I had my husband help me scan my hair in our printer! :P
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5893&pictureid=80439
Can you see the green streaks? You can see it's only the ends, it doesn't go very far up my hair shaft.

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
That is so odd! My best guess is that it is a reaction to henna in conjunction with one of the products you use. Don't dye or cut just yet though- try a few deep oil treatments and clairifying first. You could also try castor oil. I use it to thicken my hair but it also darkens it up quite a bit. Honey lightening with lemon could also be an option. Just try it all before you resort to dye.

MandyBeth
August 25th, 2010, 09:19 PM
My guess is the indigo took but henna didn't. But the fix, got me, sorry!

TinaDenali
August 25th, 2010, 09:34 PM
It's SOO strange, though because the henna I did was nearly a year ago and the indigo I used was 7 months ago!

Luna12345
August 25th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hi, I had that happen to me one time, I had blond streaks in my hair and I used black henna on my hair...not the red henna....anyhow, I didn't keep it on long enough and when I washed my hair it was green...lol.....maybe u can try to get red henna....the completely natural one that is not mixed with anything and try using it on ur hair. It might take away the green.

TinaDenali
August 25th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I just can't imagine how the indigo could be reacting to anything when I applied it 7 months ago and it only 'stuck' to my hair for a month - at best. But, I suppose I shouldn't rule it out.

I've been interested to try the honey lightening. I suppose I should give that a shot. I really wonder if it would lift this green/grey.

Still disgruntled over this whole thing. :(

Joliebaby
August 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
it's the indigo on top of the old bleached parts, which must have grabbed it really well. the other stuff has faded and the indigo shows on top the bleach (yellow) and yellow+blue green.

my hair went green when i tried to bleach hendigoed hair. i ended up dyeing my hair again to cover the mess as no amount of strong bleach would remove it (actually just turned it blue) . i ended up cutting it off soon.

i would do deep treatments, but if it doesn't budge, you could try a reddish toner just on the ends to counteract the green. it doesn't look very green so maybe just oiling and stuff will help. i hope so!

leslissocool
August 26th, 2010, 12:29 AM
henna reacts to EVERYTHING CHEMICAL! that's why when you go to good salons (my closest friend graduated from the paul mitchell academy in california) they ask you if you have used henna if you go in for new color...

My best advice is to try TIGI dumb blond (it's a protein treatment + PH color balancer, all natural) it gives a violet tint, so anything green and orange will turn to yellow... It worked wonders when i was bleached dirty blond...

little_cherry
August 26th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I highly recommend a warm olive oil soak for those ends..olive oil is great for pulling out colour and moisturising. If you wanted to up the notch, honey lightening specifically on those green streaks could help significantly..I'd mix olive oil, honey and cinnamon to get the maximum effect.

it's the indigo on top of the old bleached parts, which must have grabbed it really well. the other stuff has faded and the indigo shows on top the bleach (yellow) and yellow+blue green.
Yep, totally agreed..happened to my ends, also..I used to have streaks in my hair. They're not noticeable because I use henna only.

henna reacts to EVERYTHING CHEMICAL! that's why when you go to good salons (my closest friend graduated from the paul mitchell academy in california) they ask you if you have used henna if you go in for new color..This is only the case with boxed henna dyes that are adulterated with metallic salts...here at lhc, we avoid the use of metallic salts for this very reason and use pure Body Art Quality henna...you can apply it over dyed hair and dye over it. I (and many here) have applied BAQ henna over dyed and bleached hair with great success...many have dyed over henna.

Pure BAQ henna is not evil..pure BAQ henna is ground up leaves of the plant. Most boxed hennas (Henne brand comes to mind) is loaded with Sodium pacramate or even PPD to alter the colours. Henna is red-orange and red orange only. There is no such thing as blonde henna or brown henna.

I used to study hairdressing and have heard the exact same thing...thing is, the information is rather outdated. In the 80s, henna with additives such as metallic salts were the norm, so that is where the misinformation comes from. Do a search on BAQ henna and you'll see.

Metallic salts will react to anything.

The OP used Lush henna....no metallic salts there, just indigo.

So no, it's not the henna that reacted...it was the indigo application over bleached hair...indigo is the fussy one. Never use indigo if you're planning o bleach your hair.

frizzinator
August 26th, 2010, 05:27 AM
If you get your hair wet while swimming in a pool, the chemicals such as chlorine and sodium bisulfate might cause a color change on your already colored hair.

BelleBot
August 26th, 2010, 05:54 AM
This will sound crazy, but it might work. Try washing your ends with tomato ketchup. I know a lot of bleach blondes who's hair turns green in reaction to chlorine in swimming pools, and a ketchup rinse always sorts it out. So it may be worth a try.
Otherwise perhaps try a subtle semi permanent red dye, or quick henna gloss just on the ends.
I doubt voilet tinted products will help as they're designed to counteract brassy and orange tones in blonde hair, not green really.

Good luck, I hope you manage to sort it. It's definitely looks like the old indigo clinging onto the bleached areas.

bumblebums
August 26th, 2010, 05:55 AM
If you get your hair wet while swimming in a pool, the chemicals such as chlorine and sodium bisulfate might cause a color change on your already colored hair.

I was going to say the same thing. Swimming in a chlorinated pool could do it, or it could be because your municipal water is chlorinated. If that's a possibility, try a chelating shampoo.

Sylvanas
August 26th, 2010, 06:01 AM
This will sound crazy, but it might work. Try washing your ends with tomato ketchup. I know a lot of bleach blondes who's hair turns green in reaction to chlorine in swimming pools, and a ketchup rinse always sorts it out. So it may be worth a try.
Otherwise perhaps try a subtle semi permanent red dye, or quick henna gloss just on the ends.
I doubt voilet tinted products will help as they're designed to counteract brassy and orange tones in blonde hair, not green really.

Good luck, I hope you manage to sort it. It's definitely looks like the old indigo clinging onto the bleached areas.

I second this. I had great results with ketchup when my ends had a green tint :) I just mixed it with water and left it on for about 15 minutes, and the green was completely gone.

Kome
August 26th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Have you been swimming recently? When I worked at Sally's we used to get girls coming in in the summer all the time, but mostly with blonde hair, because they had green in their hair. There are these little ion crystals you can use the remove that. I'm assuming it has something to do with water, but you should be able to remove it without a problem. :)

Marjolein
August 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well, I was going to suggest using tomato ketchup, but I see I'm not the first person to suggest this :). Try it though! It has helped me a lot in the past when the combination of bleached hair and swimming pool chlorinated water turned my blonde hair a pretty shade of green :frog:.

I also suspect your green ends stem from the combination of the bleech and the indigo.

LindsayNichole
August 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Chlorine was the first thing that came to my mind. Well, after Anne Shirley...

I hope you're able to get it sorted out soon! :(

LouLaLa
August 26th, 2010, 08:43 AM

Hehe I was going to suggest this too! so perhaps it is not so crazy afterall since so many agree ;)

Its a pretty cheap solution so if it dosent turn out theres always more aggressive things to try.

I hope this or similar works out, hair colour mistakes can be quite traumatising *hug*

jackie_brown
August 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hi!
I think the indigo gave you a "greenish" tone on your bleached ends...
Look at this pic taken from the website from where i buy my henna:
http://www.aroma-zone.com/aroma/Fiche_colorant_hennenoir.asp
You can see at 1/3 of the page the strand test on indigo on bleached hair

MandyBeth
August 26th, 2010, 09:03 AM
As for why indigo stayed but not henna, they have differing dye release and demise times and needs. If you started with henna and indigo mixed together, they won't work.

Luckysock
August 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Yes I see the green in that last picture there, but have heart, its not too bad and not noticeable on you in the other picture.

You're not going to like this, but I am going to suggest you don't mess with it too much (ketchup sounds like a great idea).

I went through the same thing - I had bleached my hair blond and about 6 months later I was trying to get back to a brown closer to my natural colour. I had green ends for a while, then I had super brassy ends for a while - but the more I messed with box dye the more patchy it all got. When I finally went off dye all together and just waited for it to settle, things worked themselves out, and now I am really happy with the final result. It did take some time (I've been off dye for a little over a year) and at times I wasn't sure it would all even out, but it did. So if you are not looking to keep up the henna, i recommend waiting and seeing what it does on its own - it looks like your roots and ends are already very close in colour, i say let the sun and time do the rest.

Hang in there.

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 12:28 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

After I post this, I am running to the kitchen to cover my ends in ketchup!!

I agree, it's honestly most likely a reaction to the indigo. I'm just SO confused... my hair was last bleached 2 years ago - then I used a box brown over that, then henna, THEN a year and a half later used a dye with indigo in it. AND THAT was 7 months ago, and it only started appearing green A WEEK AND A HALF ago. SO WEIRD?!?!

Hair is a funny thing.

And yes - I have swam this summer. I swam in a pool about 3 times the first week in July when we were camping - so that was almost two months ago.

I hadn't thought about our water source - I live in the Seattle area and I think we have pretty good water here.

Ok, off to ketchup my ends. I hope this works!! :)

Hugs,
Tina

Toadstool
August 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
That has happened to me before. It happened when dyeing bleached hair brown. no henna or indigo involved.
In fact it happened ijn a salon when they were trying to dye my bleached hair brown. I think it's quite common.

lilalong
August 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

And yes - I have swam this summer. I swam in a pool about 3 times the first week in July when we were camping - so that was almost two months ago.

I hadn't thought about our water source - I live in the Seattle area and I think we have pretty good water here.

Just out of curiosity, did you braid your hair while swimming?

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you braid your hair while swimming?

I probably should have, but I left it loose.

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Yes I see the green in that last picture there, but have heart, its not too bad and not noticeable on you in the other picture.

Yeah, luckily it's not TOO terribly green...

And, in the other picture (the one taken outside) my hair had not turned green yet. That was taken about a month and a half ago.

My hair only started appearing green about 10 days ago.

dropinthebucket
August 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Definitely not the henna, which will NOT go green, unless you used a henna with metallic salts.

Definitely either the indigo fading on the most bleached/damaged parts of the hair that is to blame for the green streaks, or something going on with chlorine or a water additive. I had a similar issue with repeated indigo and then buxus glosses to tone my orange-ish henna. Some streaks of the hair had not taken the henna as strongly as others, resulting in green streaks after the indigo or buxus "brown" faded off a bit. Not at all unusual for the green to show up down the road, as the colour fades, either. And several people have reported grey/green with cassia and additives to their water.

The best fix if nothing else budges it might be to hit it with a light henna gloss, to counter the green. That should also help those damaged ends! Not too much henna in the gloss, though, you don't want to go too orange and have it not match. I don't think a red/orange toner of any kind will be your best bet - if your ends are damaged/previously bleached the risk of further damage, and the probability of the toner just fading out again, are both too high. If you are really concerned about your water, you might also just wash your hair in distilled water. I've been doing that for several months - I only use one jug a week, and the hot water I've saved doing it in distilled over the sink, oh my gosh, so worth it! Plus my hair loves the gentleness and the lack of minerals with the distilled. Hope this is of help!

MissManda
August 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Oh no! :( I hope you find a way to fix this. I know one of my dad's sisters accidentally dyed her hair green once and it didn't come out for months. Sending lots of good thoughts your way! :flower: :grouphug:

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Definitely not the henna, which will NOT go green, unless you used a henna with metallic salts.

Definitely either the indigo fading on the most bleached/damaged parts of the hair that is to blame for the green streaks, or something going on with chlorine or a water additive. I had a similar issue with repeated indigo and then buxus glosses to tone my orange-ish henna. Some streaks of the hair had not taken the henna as strongly as others, resulting in green streaks after the indigo or buxus "brown" faded off a bit. Not at all unusual for the green to show up down the road, as the colour fades, either. And several people have reported grey/green with cassia and additives to their water.

The best fix if nothing else budges it might be to hit it with a light henna gloss, to counter the green. That should also help those damaged ends! Not too much henna in the gloss, though, you don't want to go too orange and have it not match. I don't think a red/orange toner of any kind will be your best bet - if your ends are damaged/previously bleached the risk of further damage, and the probability of the toner just fading out again, are both too high. If you are really concerned about your water, you might also just wash your hair in distilled water. I've been doing that for several months - I only use one jug a week, and the hot water I've saved doing it in distilled over the sink, oh my gosh, so worth it! Plus my hair loves the gentleness and the lack of minerals with the distilled. Hope this is of help!

Wow, that's some serious dedication! That's great! I've currently still got some KETCHUP on my head, so if that doesn't work I'll be looking in to some more things and henna's on my short list. :)

Oh no! :( I hope you find a way to fix this. I know one of my dad's sisters accidentally dyed her hair green once and it didn't come out for months. Sending lots of good thoughts your way! :flower: :grouphug:

Eep! Yeah, I'm hoping I can fix it, too. And, luckily it's just my ends, so if worse comes to worse and I can't fix it, I can just CHOP. Not that I'd want to - goodness, I'm so afraid of scissors anymore!

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM
UPDATE -

Ok, I put ketchup in a 1 quart bag, put my hair in a low pony and then stuck my pony in the bag and secured it with a hair elastic. I left that on about 30 minutes, then added about a cup of olive oil to the bag, secured it again and left that on for another hour or so. I just showered. I, of course, had to shampoo my ends to get that gunk out, but I globbed on a bunch of (cone free) conditioner and only gently rinsed it out. It's now air drying, so I'll have to update you guys again in.... like 3-4 hours once it's dry!!

I've got my fingers and toes and eyes and anything else crossed that this will work!!!

Gvnagitlvgei
August 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I highly recommend a warm olive oil soak for those ends..olive oil is great for pulling out colour and moisturising. If you wanted to up the notch, honey lightening specifically on those green streaks could help significantly..I'd mix olive oil, honey and cinnamon to get the maximum effect.

Will EVOO also work to lessen ppd jet black dye? I did this over a henna...I'm stupid.

TinaDenali
August 26th, 2010, 08:37 PM
My hair is STILL wet and it's getting dark outside, so I'm going to have to update tomorrow morning after it's fully dry and I can look at it outside!

Marjolein
August 27th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Oh, the suspense!!! Why do I have to be in another time zone than the majority of the people on this board - le sigh. Will have to wait another day then. Good luck!!

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
So, my hair was still a tad wet before going to bed and when I got up this morning I realized that it was still VERY greasy from the olive oil. My hair just CLINGS to oil like no tomorrow - even though I shampooed very well in the shower yesterday evening.

SO - I had to shower again this morning, so I'll have to update you all in another 3-4 hours time when it's dry.

So sorry to keep you waiting!

BUT - from looking at my still greasy ends this morning, it looks as thought JUST MAYBE the green has subsided.... but we'll have to wait and see.

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Sad news...

The ketchup and olive oil didn't work. My hair is nice and silky, though!!

But, alas - still green streaked.

I'm contemplating doing this method of cutting:
http://elementalbynature.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/ponytail-haircut-a-how-to/

Because it's only my top layers that have the green, my underhair (the longest hair coming from the back of my head or nape of my neck) it's green at all.

Marjolein
August 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Aaw, too bad it didn't work! But perhaps you are now the inventor of a new revolutionary moisture treatment, the TDT (TinaDenali's treatment) ;)

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Aaw, too bad it didn't work! But perhaps you are now the inventor of a new revolutionary moisture treatment, the TDT (TinaDenali's treatment) ;)

Hehe!! Perhaps so!! My hair feels positively divine today. YUM! :)

SOOOOOO I ended up cutting it just now.

Fear not! I didn't cut much. I used the method I mentioned above (except I didn't up it in a ponytail at my forehead, I feared that would create just enough pull to not make it exactly even, and I'm sorry, but I'm a perfectionist.

So, I just bent over (my hamstrings a killing me, now!!) and used a very fine toothed comb to comb all my hair forward. Then, using the fine toothed comb, gathered all my hair between my pointer and middle finger and cut about an inch off of there (total) - I trimmed about 1/5 inch about five times. I kept flipping back over and brushing it out to make sure I wasn't creating a horrible haircut.

But, WOW! What a GREAT way to cut my hair! I love the layers it gives and my ends look great! This is just what I needed - my layers really needed a trim badly.

The green isn't totally gone, but I was able to whack off a pretty good portion of it. I don't think it's too overly noticeable now...

I'll try to get a picture up asap.

Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm destined to just be green-ended for a while, I suppose - but at least I've been able to give myself a much needed trim and cut out a bit of the green in the process. AND a deep treatment! Great!! :)

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Ok, here's an updated picture:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5893&pictureid=80520

This is from just moments ago - so it's AFTER the ketchup, olive oil AND trimming.

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
.... to me it looks.... (gasp) GREENER???

little_cherry
August 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Have you tried an olive+cinnamon+honey mixture and left it on the green bits for a few hours? All of these contain a bit of peroxide in them.

A great tip for removing oils...wet hair with warm water, slather hair in a cone free conditioner and massage lightly...wash it out at the end of the shower with warm water, shampoo then condition. I oil heavily and this works wonderfully.

Just a thought...the ketchup (which is acidic) may have reacted with the indigo..not 100% sure, but indigo is a little funny with acids.

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ok, I'll do that next.

Do you have any advice on how to formulate that? Like what quantities to use of each?

And thanks for the tip about using conditioner to get oils out! I hadn't thought of that :)

Anje
August 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Have you tried an olive+cinnamon+honey mixture and left it on the green bits for a few hours? All of these contain a bit of peroxide in them.
Hmmm... I thought it was peroxide that tended to interact with indigo to make it green.

If worst comes to worst, you could do a henna gloss. But that's pretty drastic.

ETA: I've used a method like that to trim my hair before, too. Though I think I gathered a little lower, more at the nose than the forehead. Works well for layers and a nice instant U, but now I'm working on a blunt (and hopefully someday thick?!?!) hemline.

little_cherry
August 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'd try 1 tbs of the honey and oil with 1 tsp of the cinnamon....apply to the green parts only and leave on for a couple of hours... you may need to repeat this, though.

One of my friends applied a 50/50 henna indigo mix after bleaching and ended up with algae green hair...oh my. Lots of people use sun-in to remove henna/indigo..but the peroxide in the olive oil/cinnamon/honey isn't strong enough to react.

Yogurt (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yRaj_YSjJI0J:forums.longhaircommuni ty.com/vbjournal.php%3Fdo%3Darticle%26articleid%3D7+remov ing+indigo+from+hair&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca)is another great option...

Mineral oil is known to pull colour out of hair...not too sure if it'd work with indigo, though.

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks, ladies.

Ok, I'll try out the honey/olive oil/cinnamon mix tomorrow or Sunday. I feel like I should give my hair a rest after shampooing it hard-core three days in a row now :D

little_cherry
August 27th, 2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45216

TinaDenali
August 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Ooo, thanks for that link! I've added it to my amazon wishlist in case nothing else works :)

TinaDenali
August 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Ok, I've got the olive oil/honey/cinnamon mix on my ends. How long should I leave this on? I was thinking a couple hours?

I'll then shower and use conditioner to get the oil out. Then I'll play to the hair goddess that my hair is no longer green!!

Until then...

The Green Haired Girl,
Tina

TinaDenali
August 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Ok, my hair is dry!

And.... drumroll, please!!

Some success!! My hair looks drastically less green. It's more a grey-ish tint, and perhaps with a couple more applications of this honey mix it just might lift it all out.

Thanks SOOO much Cherry!!!

little_cherry
August 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm so glad this mixture worked for you! :) It worked for a friend of mine, but it took her 2 weeks to let me put "gross" stuff on her hair...lol..I'm going to ask her if I can put before and after photos of her hair on here. She did whole head applications of this mixture 2 - 3 times to fade the green.

Marjolein
August 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Phew! So, this last method did work? That's great!

Night_Kitten
August 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM
From my experience, indigo can result in a green-shade sort of color several months after the application, especially on previously dyed or bleached hair (I have had greenish colored stripes at the several last inches that were previously chemilcal-dyed, every time I stopped henndigoing for several months...) For me the best way to get rid of them was to henna again...
Actually, I have them now too (I stopped henndigoing slightly less than a year ago - I'm too lazy :)) but they don't bother me much because theyr'e almost invisible with my hair color...

ETA
Oops, just looked up the thread and noticed you already got rid of them... I didn't read the whole thread before posting, just the first page... (Like I said - I'm way too lazy :D)