View Full Version : "I love your look!" :)

ericthegreat
August 25th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I just received an amazing compliment today!!!:p

So I was having lunch at the Olive Garden with my friend Nick today, when all of a sudden this girl came right up to me and told me "I love your look! I love your hair and how you dress and everything."

The girl and her friends were sitting at the table in front of ours. I must have been too busy with my ravioli (the food at the Olive Garden really is awesome) to even notice that I was the center of attention. The girl had a punk rock/alternative artist look to her, she had a lip ring, a tongue piercing, and was dressed all in black.

I had my hair down and straight today, and I was wearing a black collared shirt, navy blue skinny jeans, and pointy leather shoes.
The girl was so in love with my whole look that she had her friends to take a photo with her I-Phone of the both of us right there in the restaurant!!

Anyway it was just so cool that I got such a great compliment, it made my whole week!

Arianwen
August 25th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Neat - did you get her phone number? :P

Peter
August 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
That's awesome!

A woman I work with told me yesterday: "I love your hair... I bet most girls wish their hair was as nice as yours." It made my day too! I totally know the feeling. :D

HintOfMint
August 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Oh how wonderful! Your whole look sounds seriously stylish. And it sounds like you admired the vibe of the girl who complimented you, so her compliment must have carried a bit more clout.
Ah! What an awesome moment, enjoy it!

Luckysock
August 25th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Nice, it sounds like you deserved the compliment - your oufit sounds swanky! and we all know your hair is amazing!

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 08:17 PM
It sounds like an awesome look the way you described it! There's nothing more eye catching than long straight hair. As for the food at the olive garden...well...lets agree to disagree on that one ;)

ericthegreat
August 25th, 2010, 08:20 PM
No, I didn't ask for her number. I wasn't attracted to her in that way at all, and she wasn't attracted to me in that way either. I'm pretty sure she knew that I was gay, I will proudly admit that I dress and act very flashy. She just wanted to compliment me on my style. :p

Arianwen
August 25th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Well, friends are good to have, too. :)

prettigurl
August 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM
How long is your hair eric?

lpsqt60
August 25th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Sounds like you have great style, good job, that is something not everyone has, and your hair looks really lovely.

eezepeeze
August 25th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hey, great compliments make your day, don't they? I love when that happens.

sunrain
August 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Aww, what a nice moment for you! I can't help but think how cute both of your reactions are. (Though I don't know if you'll appreciate my use of the term "cute":p) Oh, how I could stare at your sleek, shiny hair!

Jessica Trapp
August 25th, 2010, 11:55 PM
COOL! :cheese:

anthonyswife
August 25th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Wow, that's wonderful! :D

Bene
August 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Stylish, yes. But since your hair is longer and prettier than mine, I'd probably sit around sneering about how your shoes are too pointy. :D

triumphator!
August 26th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yay, random compliments are the best :)

Save that outfit for another "look at me" day!

ericthegreat
August 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Stylish, yes. But since your hair is longer and prettier than mine, I'd probably sit around sneering about how your shoes are too pointy. :D

Ahh the sweet smell of envy. ;) I love it. :cheese:

Bene
August 26th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Ahh the sweet smell of envy. ;) I love it. :cheese:

I want your hair. I will demean your footwear choices until I get it. Sour grapes, it's a hell of a thing :o

leslissocool
August 26th, 2010, 01:00 AM
:) awesome! seriously who wouldn't complement your look? from what you described, i would so take a picture of you too!

BUT i am a metalhead... and i'm all pierced up too....

LouLaLa
August 26th, 2010, 05:00 AM
You deserve it you are fabulous! I really like people who have a "style" about them too, some people just have a look that is part of them if you know what I mean :p

Its so nice of her to say it though, its always great when people take time to say something good!

CrisDee
August 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Ugh, a word-picture only goes so far - I wanna see a real picture!! :D

irishlady
August 26th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Aww that's so lovely! You do sound very stylish! Have a great rest of the week!

SpinDance
August 26th, 2010, 06:15 AM
That's a great compliment, Eric! That would make my week, too! :)

jennydaesy
August 26th, 2010, 06:24 AM
eric, u have the shiniest most awesome hair!!

Unzadi
August 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Style compliments can be a great boost anytime - yay you.

Jean Stuart
August 26th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Who wouldn't love your look? btw olive gardin is great.

EtherealOde
August 26th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I am not a huge fan of their food, but the soup with italian sausage and potatoes is pretty darn tasty! WTH eric, you always post pics and this time you didn't! *scowl*

melrose1985
August 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM
So cool... You do have great style.

ericthegreat
August 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I am not a huge fan of their food, but the soup with italian sausage and potatoes is pretty darn tasty! WTH eric, you always post pics and this time you didn't! *scowl*

Ahahaahaha!!! LOL I would have posted a pic, but I didn't think to take any on my phone. So that one pic on her phone of the both of us is the only one that exists!:p

In retrospect I guess I should have stopped her and told her about LHC. Maybe she would have joined and then she could have posted that pic. :p

Arianwen
August 26th, 2010, 08:53 AM
^ Exactly why you should have gotten her phone number! :D

If it was me taking the photo, I would try to take it "right" (I'm an amateur photographer) if it turned out well, you'd totally want a copy, eh???

linda g
August 26th, 2010, 10:06 AM
How fun!
more letters

Rentlle
August 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
woooooow, that's SO great XD
that's one huge compliment there :p

1nuitblanche
October 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Awe! That's really nice:)

Carriegirl
October 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Compliments like that really can make your whole week, can't they?! I can tell it made yours!

And...i'd love to see more pics of stylish you! Your avi is so cool!

lundmir
October 13th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Well, your look IS amazing! I'd be thrilled with a compliment like that.

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Good to know that non-LHCers recognise your hair's awesomeness, too. :D

Maddy25
October 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM
oh cool! You must have felt like a celebrity hehe, that was sweet of them <3

DarkChocolate
October 14th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Cool:) I would have been on top of the world too:) I like your look too:)

Aredhel77
October 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
LOL! Hi Eric, you do have great hair :)

Maybe you need to re-enact that particular 'look', photo it and post it here for the benefit of us curious LHC'ers...?

I've never received a compliment for my 'look'. Not sure if I even have 'a look' LOL! I'm just grateful if clothes fit, haha!! ;)

jojo
October 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
bet you felt like a star! well your our very own star and it was a well deserved compliment!