PDA

View Full Version : You all LAUGHED when I said I could go blonde.

RancheroTheBee
August 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM
And rightfully so!

Hahaha. Okay, so before I posted a thread about bleaching after Color-Oops so I can go blue.

Here's my hair before. It's been through (in this order) henna, brown, black, bleach, henna, Manic Panic, black, black.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/Snapshot_20100820_2.jpg

Here's my hair after the Color-Oops.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/1-1.jpg

Then I applied some coconut oil, dried it, and left in some boxed bleach for a half hour.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/2-1.jpg

And yes, I'm totally too lazy to take off my earphones. WHAT OF IT?

Anyway, it's a little more vibrantly pale orange than in the picture, but I did bleach it, and my hair feels pretty good. Hopefully, it takes the blue I've settled on (I don't think green will be able to cover it) but I'm going to wait a few weeks before bothering.

Anyway, lesson being is that there was question of whether or not bleach would lift out any of the henna. It did.

Also, I know bleach = super damaging, but it's the only way I could get the red out. Plus, I'll never get blue with red hair!

Hope you liked the first half of my going-blue journey!

Luckysock
August 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
super cute! I like the shade, its almost a bit strawberry (at least in that photo) I really like it. How does it feel?

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I love that shade of blonde with your skin tone! It really makes you stand out.

kwaniesiam
August 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Very nice, what henna did you use? It must not have been very strong to be able to lift out like that. My hair stubbornly stayed orange after multiple times with bleach even with a single application of henna over it.

RancheroTheBee
August 25th, 2010, 06:38 PM
super cute! I like the shade, its almost a bit strawberry (at least in that photo) I really like it. How does it feel?

It actually feels quite soft. It's a little fuzzy, but that's because I blow-dried it, I think.

I love that shade of blonde with your skin tone! It really makes you stand out.

:3 Thank you! How sweet.

Very nice, what henna did you use? It must not have been very strong to be able to lift out like that. My hair stubbornly stayed orange after multiple times with bleach even with a single application of henna over it.

It was from Lush. It's actually a very weak type of henna; I used to need several applications to see any difference on virgin hair. They cut it with a lot of coconut oil.

twilight_faerie
August 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM
That shade of blonde is really pretty! Also, I like your lip ring. :)

spidermom
August 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Oh my; that's different!

little_cherry
August 25th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Awesome! It looks great. To tone those orangey yellow bits, I'd try a toning shampoo in violet or blue, then blue over that. :)

MandyBeth
August 25th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Nice! To get henna out turns my hair into soup, so have to grow out.

Luna12345
August 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
You look so pretty as a blond, It's really nice =)

virgo75
August 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
The blonde suits you nicely! :)

By the way, what's you're natural hair color?

Dani
August 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Best post ever. You look awesome. :D

buzzlegum
August 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I really like it :)

Quezie
August 25th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Congrats on the bleach success!
So you're going blue? That's exciting! :D

I've had bleach, pink, purple, more bleach, hair dye, and now henna.
Yay for hair that stays strong through everything! ahaha

Longhairagnes
August 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Totally cute! Funny, you're the first one where I think both black AND blonde look great on you! :-)

nowxisxforever
August 25th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Very cute! I'm almost sad you're dying blue, that's a gorgeous blonde - though I'm sure it'll look great!

Debra83
August 25th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Which boxed bleach did you use?

Kateelizabee
August 25th, 2010, 11:58 PM
How did the blue turn out? My husband has very dark brown not quite black hair, and unfortunately when I bleached it it turned an orange and that made the blue dye look kind of green :(

Although it most likely had to do with my dying technique, so I'm really interested in your results!

Joliebaby
August 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM
great job! your hair is very resilient. bleach CAN remove henna, it's just most hair turns to mush and breaks when that happens. anyway i've done highlights on henna before wit good results.
i agree you look so cut blonde!!!

triumphator!
August 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Everyone, myself included, loves the blonde. But I want to see blue!!

akrasia
August 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Way cute!

I bet the blue will really make your eyes pop.

Idun
August 26th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Wow, your face changes a lot in photos! To me it looks like three different girls! I donīt know your age, but you appear to be about 5 years younger in the lowest photo. :)

Looking forward to seeing the final blue result!

Dreams_in_Pink
August 26th, 2010, 03:28 AM
That's quite a journey you've been through! :D I must admit i love the color in the middle picture. Such a nice vibrant red. I'm curious to see the blue though :)

hmmm
August 26th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Whoa... I'm dying to see what shade of blue you picked.

ghost
August 26th, 2010, 06:46 AM
The blonde is pretty, but I can't wait to see the blue.

bumblebums
August 26th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Funny, you look like three different (and very cute) girls on those pictures!

melrose1985
August 26th, 2010, 07:07 AM
IT looks good! I can't wait to see the blue!

RancheroTheBee
August 27th, 2010, 12:11 AM
The blonde suits you nicely! :)

By the way, what's you're natural hair color?

I'm the color of this lil' guy. (http://www.mikehanback.com/ckfinder/userfiles/images/fawn.JPG)

Which boxed bleach did you use?

L'Oreal... Uh... Maxi-Blonde! Haha, I can never remember.

Wow, your face changes a lot in photos! To me it looks like three different girls! I don´t know your age, but you appear to be about 5 years younger in the lowest photo. :)

Looking forward to seeing the final blue result!

I'm 23 in November. :)

Anyway, I did a strand test!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/file.jpg

I don't know why the blonde suddenly looks so much paler, but I like it. I'm going to do all the blue sometime later this week. I'll keep ya posted!

RedheadMistress
August 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM
- First of all; you're so cute ^^

Second; Hm, If you dye the orange/yellow with blue, bits can turn out green . . depending on which dye you use .
I remember when I dyed my hair blue and some bits turned green . A way of avoiding it is to mix a bit of purple with conditioner to remove some yellowy tints and they might calm down the orange bits as well, idk . . I just hope you dont have a strong aversion to green ^^

Anyways, if you use a dye like Special Fxs or something, their blues can cover orange .

Show pic of when it's blue later, i'd love to see ! :D

RancheroTheBee
August 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
- First of all; you're so cute ^^

Second; Hm, If you dye the orange/yellow with blue, bits can turn out green . . depending on which dye you use .
I remember when I dyed my hair blue and some bits turned green . A way of avoiding it is to mix a bit of purple with conditioner to remove some yellowy tints and they might calm down the orange bits as well, idk . . I just hope you dont have a strong aversion to green ^^

Anyways, if you use a dye like Special Fxs or something, their blues can cover orange .

Show pic of when it's blue later, i'd love to see ! :D

The strand test turned out a deep turquoise which is actually very pretty. It was what I was shooting for in the first place. :p But now I have to wait because I promised my friend she could slap hair goop all over my head while I fixed her mohawk.

ktani
August 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Very well done! I look forward to the blue!

ifyouforget
August 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Love the blonde (just like everyone else :P)
But the blue should be *awesome*, can't wait for pictures!

jackie_brown
August 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM
And rightfully so!

Hahaha. Okay, so before I posted a thread about bleaching after Color-Oops so I can go blue.

Here's my hair before. It's been through (in this order) henna, brown, black, bleach, henna, Manic Panic, black, black.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/Snapshot_20100820_2.jpg

Here's my hair after the Color-Oops.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/1-1.jpg

Then I applied some coconut oil, dried it, and left in some boxed bleach for a half hour.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/2-1.jpg

And yes, I'm totally too lazy to take off my earphones. WHAT OF IT?

Anyway, it's a little more vibrantly pale orange than in the picture, but I did bleach it, and my hair feels pretty good. Hopefully, it takes the blue I've settled on (I don't think green will be able to cover it) but I'm going to wait a few weeks before bothering.

Anyway, lesson being is that there was question of whether or not bleach would lift out any of the henna. It did.

Also, I know bleach = super damaging, but it's the only way I could get the red out. Plus, I'll never get blue with red hair!

Hope you liked the first half of my going-blue journey!

I think you were very very cute when you had black hair...it showed up your blue eyes :)
I suppose you'll look great with blue hair too :)

P.S.: you're very lucky for having so strong hair... i would have lost almost all my hair if I had done all that dyes/bleachings :D

deko
August 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
When will I see the blue?

The blond looks OK, but arenät you afraid that the blue will turn up to the green?

Waiting for the blue-pics :)

clichepithet
August 27th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I would like to state that I never once laughed. Though I am interested in the egg-foam walls. What are you doing in there? 0.o

BethT6
August 27th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'm so afraid to bleach my hair! My sister was in cosmetology school, and one of her classmates bleached her hair, and a lot of it fell out. They left it in way too long. She wore extensions for a long time after that...and now she specializes in them. So I guess it worked out for her, but it scared me badly enough that I won't touch the stuff.
You look nice though, with all three shades....

hmmm
August 28th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I would like to state that I never once laughed. Though I am interested in the egg-foam walls. What are you doing in there? 0.o

I didn't even notice this until just now. Gosh.

The strand test came out so pretty! I can't wait to see the final result!!

RancheroTheBee
August 28th, 2010, 01:57 AM

Ha, my boyfriend carton-ed the walls so that when we recorded music, we'd have less echo.

Without further ado... THE BLUE. WHICH IS ALSO MINT GREEN/TURQUOISE.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/yeaaah.jpg

Debra83
August 28th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I hear egg cartons on the wall can make it sound proof, but I thought you had to cover the WHOLE wall!!!! (or ceiling)!

katha
August 28th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Oh that is great!!
I'd never dare to color my hair blue, but it looks awesome on you!
Can you get a shot in daylight? That'd be interesting, I bet the blue shows a lot more on that then.

Sammich
August 28th, 2010, 02:31 AM
You're gorgeous, and the blonde totally suits you. I love that shade! WOo for going blonde for fun! :D *High five*

clichepithet
August 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Ha, my boyfriend carton-ed the walls so that when we recorded music, we'd have less echo.

Yeah, I figured as much. ;) You can see the headstock of a guitar a bit.

The green is a very nice color.

hmmm
August 29th, 2010, 01:28 AM
It looks awesome! I can't imagine carrying it off as well as you do :lol:

crystal_89
August 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Crystal approves!

Chrissy
August 29th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I really like it! It's amazing that you could go from so dark to such a light color. Very pretty!!

growingmyhair
August 30th, 2010, 06:32 AM
blonde looks best on you