PDA

View Full Version : We've come a long way, LHC, we've a ways to go yet. (1 year anniversary, pics)

terryn
August 25th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Hello lovely ladies and gents -- I have been so excited about being able to make this thread for the past couple of months, because I have made leaps and bounds of progress and am so excited to be able to share it with you!

Well... here it is, a year in pictures.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4031&pictureid=80379

This was my starting point, my mohawk that I had cut in midsummer 2009. I loved it so much, this was actually on the day that I got it. I had to dig out my old phone and do some memory card finagle-ing just to be able to get it for you, LHC. So, here is where I started.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4313&pictureid=55537

The last pic of my mohawk, as this was the last time I was able to wear it up. Good bye mohawk, hello long hair. This is when I found LHC. :)

And took my first LHC pic:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4031&pictureid=51728

Aw, so lovely.

I got my hair cut shortly after that to even out the back. I've had my hair cut 3 times in the past year, two micro-trims and one 1" cut, because the mohawk left me with so many funky layers.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4031&pictureid=66436

This is about 6 months into my hair journey. I thought it was long then. ;p
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4031&pictureid=80381

And here is where I am today. :cheese:

I gotta say, this is getting pretty close to the longest it's ever been, and I am still set on growing it longer, as much as I may miss my mohawk at times.

General information - my current routine is to wash with BS about every other day, I am conditioning with Hugo naturals French Lavender right now and loving it, and have been doing olive oil treatments on my scalp to help with dandruff, and my hair seems to like it too.

Future plans - Well, I've changed my original goal of BSL to classic (as seems to be contagious around here), but I will need to get regular trims to even up the layers, the front of my hair is just below chin at the moment. I am hoping to be at BSL for my next one year anniversary!

Some bonus pics: My topsy tail came in the mail today, so of course I was excited to try it out. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4694&pictureid=80382

The standard.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4694&pictureid=80383

And reversed.

Thank you everyone at LHC for being so full of win. Because of you guys I have graduated from "super shorty" to "Shoulder length" and can't wait to see where the rest of my time here takes me!

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Wow! That is amazing progress! You hair looks so shiny and healthy. :)

Yozhik
August 25th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Impressive progress! Congratulations on your first anniversary :)
Here's to looking forward to your many more milestones in between your current length and classic!

Phexlyn
August 25th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Wow, that's tons of progress you've made! I love the way your hair starts to get that wave at the ends now.
Happy Anniversary! :)

Chrissy
August 25th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Your hair looks great! That's a lot of growth in a year. Great progress. :)

Jules diamond
August 25th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Fantastic growth!

And I love your hair color! <3

Dientje
August 25th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Wow, look at the shine! It has grown a lot in this one year, keep it up!

Luna12345
August 25th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Your hair has grown alot in just a year, Congratulations and keep it up!:)

jasper
August 25th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Congrats and happy hair-iversary! :)

You've got enough length for a braided mohawk by now, if you want.

Those are neat pictures in the background. are they made with tissue paper?

Back_To_Basics
August 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Looks good, and growing fast indeed.
Happy anniversary! Nice and thick. I'm looking forward to
the months of your hair progress as well.
It's so neat to see the lengths...and overall health of
everyones hair..while they are growing it.
Keep up the good hair growing it sure shows.

irishlady
August 25th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Aww your hair is lovely :)

KajiKodomo
August 25th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Great progress! I've always wanted to try a mohawk, but never could build up the courage (or opportunity; my boss would freak!).

Your hair looks great and I really love that reversed topsy-tail style! :D

Capybara
August 25th, 2010, 07:44 AM
WOW, I was so amazed at your growth that I had to flip through those first few pictures a couple of times! Talk about amazing progress :D You go, girl! :cheer:

growing2shine
August 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Congratulations! It has grown a lot and it looks amazing.:bigeyes: Happy growing:pinktongue:

sarahbrownie
August 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
That's amazing progress for a year! Congrats! I know how hard it is to grow out a very short cut, I had mine buzzed around sophomore year of HS. The layers are the worst, second to the patience it requires to grow it out. Before I evened out the layers I would make pigtails with small elastics for the back hair. You're on your way!

WyrdWay
August 25th, 2010, 08:49 AM
You've had great progress! I have always wanted a mohawk, I can see why you would miss it sometimes :)

spidermom
August 25th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Thank you for sharing your progress; nicely grown.

Joliebaby
August 25th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Really great growth! I like your up-do's!!

terryn
August 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the lovely compliments everyone! I never thought of my hair as shiny, but it does look it in these pics, must be my hair-fectionism.

I love the way your hair starts to get that wave at the ends now.Me too! I am really hoping there might be some waves or weven curls in there. I have been getting big, loose spirals on the front of it, so there's hope!

And I love your hair color! <3 Thank you! It's mostly dyed right now, henna and katam, but I think I am going to grow out my natural color due to laziness. ;p

You've got enough length for a braided mohawk by now, if you want.

Those are neat pictures in the background. are they made with tissue paper? I don't really have enough length in the front, it's a lot shorter than the back, but I am really looking forward to doing some modified hawks when it's longer. And yes, the pictures are tissue paper collages my siblings and I made when we were younger. (Mine is the only one that is geometric.)

Great progress! I've always wanted to try a mohawk, but never could build up the courage (or opportunity; my boss would freak!).

Your hair looks great and I really love that reversed topsy-tail style! :D Thanks kaji! I'm not trying to encourage you as I want to see your hair long, but the reason mine was cut like that was so I could wear it down and no one would know what was lurking there. ;p a lot of people who saw it down had no idea. And I like the reverse topsy tons as well! I am wearing it to work today.

WOW, I was so amazed at your growth that I had to flip through those first few pictures a couple of times! Talk about amazing progress :D You go, girl! :cheer:
I know, right? I looked at that last picture and was like 0.0 "That's MY hair?!"

tinti
August 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, your hair is growing fast! Congratulations! And the reversed topsy is why I miss shorter hair at times, but it looks funky with longer hair too.

triumphator!
August 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I love threads like this! Congratulations on your growth. Your hair is a gorgeous, rich color. I wish you many happy inches :)

Medievalmaniac
August 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM
You have gotten a lot of growth for such a short amount of time - I guess your hair was just always waiting for this chance to show you what it could do!! :D

DavidN
August 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Yes, you HAVE come a long ways, Terryn, your hair is thick and healthy, with lots of shine too!

Congratulations to you!

little_acorn
August 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Awesome growth and happy anniversary :D