View Full Version : Name that bun?

August 24th, 2010, 04:08 PM
A while back, I read a thread that dealt with putting hair in a certain kind of bun or updo that when done on wet hair, would dry to lovely, loose waves. I vaguely recall that you had to roll the hair upwards, but that's about as much as I remember. I don't think it was a sock bun, but am stumped. Help?

August 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Cinnamon buns usually give lovely waves..

August 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Cinnamon buns usually give lovely waves..

That was my first guess. Probably any bun that involves some twisting will encourage waves/wurlies.

August 24th, 2010, 04:25 PM
No, the problem with cinammon buns is that I will get hair all twisted in one direction, and so the hair ends up waving crazily off to the side :(

I posted too soon! I found the rag bun instructions on here, and I think that's what I was going for. I'll try it and report back! :)

August 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I haven't tried it, but I've heard that the Equilibrium bun makes lovely waves, too.

August 24th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Was it the rag bun?

ETA: Looks like you already found it.... I should reload tabs before posting!