PDA

View Full Version : Name for this bun?

x0h_bother
August 24th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi All,
I do a bun at night and I'm not sure what it's called, it just came naturally to me and I'm sure other people do it too. :confused: What I do is take my hair, no elastic, and gather into a pony (usually low pony) and twist the pony while wrapping the tail around in a circular motion until I run out of hair. I hold it in place, take an elastic, and wrap the elastic around the bun (usually two times, tight but not too tight). It isn't the most flattering or protective bun the way I do it, but it works for treatments.
I'm sorry it's hard to explain the bun, I haven't taken pictures because it isn't flattering, but if you have pictures of what you think it is or just know what the name is I will tell you if that's what I do.

sally_neuf
August 24th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Isn't that a cinnabun?

KatKeRo
August 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, a cinnamon bun.

tanya222
August 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM
(totally off topic, sorry, but KatKeRo that avatar of yours is awesome! May I ask where you got that?)

KatKeRo
August 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
(totally off topic, sorry, but KatKeRo that avatar of yours is awesome! May I ask where you got that?)
I got her from http://icanhascheezburger.com/

tinti
August 24th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a bee butt to me, I thought the cinnabun was more flat-ish?

rhosyn_du
August 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
It depends on how you're wrapping the coils. If they wrap around the outside of each other in a spiral, it's a cinnabun. If they wrap underneath each other in a stack, it's a bee-butt bun.

Morgaine
August 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I'd go for the bee butt too.
I never managed a cinnabun with an elastic, it always turns into a bee butt bun.

katha
August 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'd go for the bee butt too.
I never managed a cinnabun with an elastic, it always turns into a bee butt bun.

I second that.

x0h_bother
August 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
It must be a bee butt, in part because with the elastic it can't look as nice as a cinnabun. I would just say a horribly rendered bee butt. Thank you guys! :blossom: *off to lurk updos*

Sagi1982
August 26th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wng8OidCPl8

excentricat
August 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have similar issues with naming buns. My hair only goes around once, with a bit of ends to tuck in. I've been calling it a cinnamon bun, but the more I read on here, the more I start to wonder if there's special names for minibuns like this

x0h_bother
August 26th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wng8OidCPl8
Hmm nope she kind of smooshes it into the elastic there at the end. The elastic goes on last for me. I do the begining where she makes a loop with the hair but then I twist the tail and wrap it around the loop thing. Then secure with elastic. I think it's a bee butt. It's not quite one, but it's close. I don't stack, I just wind around and around. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll take a pic soon. It's pretty ugly.

Sagi1982
September 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Ah, but maybe its comfy? Comfy and secure styles don't need to be pretty (like my laced-up Dutch braid - it looks damn stupid...)