PDA

View Full Version : Depressingly bad hair day today.

irishlady
August 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

I am so annoyed with my hair today,
it's limp, dull and a massive frizzy mess too.

I did a clarifying shampooing today, and lots of conditioner, after smothering it in coconut oil last night, which I hoped would cheer it up a bit today, but noooo.

On top of that, it's changed from a 2b to a 1c now (I should change that in my hair description I know) and it's really getting me down, since I love my waves. I can't figure out why, since there's no buildup, and when I had my hair longer than this (waist) it kept the waves the whole time. I just hate how it looks now.

I just feel like chopping it off lol

Anyone else having a bad hair day, or rather week, as it has been for me? It would be nice to know that I'm not alone. My hair is in my "fed-up bun" at the moment, it's in disgrace.

When I can muster the courage I'll show pics of it to show what I mean...

Thank you, and rant over...for now lol

Xi
August 24th, 2010, 10:08 AM
:( Bad hair days are frustrating, especially when one goes to some lengths to baby one's hair, and it still doesn't cooperate. Bunning is an excellent solution, though... I hope your naughty hair learns its lesson after its time out in the corner -- er, bun! My natural waves are usually pretty weak -- I like to encourage them with braidwaves.

irishlady
August 24th, 2010, 10:13 AM
:( Bad hair days are frustrating, especially when one goes to some lengths to baby one's hair, and it still doesn't cooperate. Bunning is an excellent solution, though... I hope your naughty hair learns its lesson after its time out in the corner -- er, bun! My natural waves are usually pretty weak -- I like to encourage them with braidwaves.

haha yes, it is indeed in the naughty bun right now!

cmnt831
August 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I posted in your other thread from a few days ago. My hair has gradually been losing its curl from 3a to maybe 2b. I just decided to try CO washing to see what that would do and after 3 washes, it looks like I'm getting a little bit of curl back. Maybe you could try something like that? Also, acidic rinses are supposed to help bring waves and curls. Like a weak dilution of vinegar in water.

And yeah, my hair looks so much better in a bun these days....

triumphator!
August 24th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Aw I'm sorry, I have bad hair days when it's really hot and humid. My hair just goes "bleaahhhhh" all over my head.

Just put it up in a pretty updo and forget about it today :)

RancheroTheBee
August 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I was having a bad hair MONTH recently, and made the stupid decision to chop from APL up to my chin. The condition improved later on after the humidity in the area stopped, so I could have easily waited it out. Very stupid.

Believe me, hair just sometimes does that. It's just a stupid phase it's going through, it'll be over before you know it.

linda g
August 24th, 2010, 10:57 AM
haha yes, it is indeed in the naughty bun right now!

:laugh: Funny, putting your hair in a time-out!

Rennire
August 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I can empathise! My hair has been in it's naughty bun for the past four days! =S I hope both of our heads of hair smarten up soon!

x0h_bother
August 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I am too, same thing, I just clarified and did a lemon rinse and my hair is sooo dry and flat, I am 1c when usually I'm a 2a who on good days can bump it to a 2b. :( I feel your pain.

Meli1980
August 24th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I dont think i know what a good hair day was when it was long. :p but maybe a change in your wash/ condition might 'perk' it up. or maybe doing a protein treatment. just remember to moisturize after.

constantki
August 24th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Your post made me sad to read. :(
I hope everything starts to look up for your hair.

irishlady
August 24th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone, it looks slightly better now from being in the bun (maybe it learnt it's lesson lol :p). I'll just have to see how it behaves tomorrow...

Tabihito
August 24th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Ugh, I can sympathize. August is our hottest month, and also our most humid, and I swear sometimes that I'm not breathing, it's more along the lines of drinking air. My waves have turned into a frizzy mess, and in desperation, I tried combing my hair today, which of course only made it worse (what is it about frizziness that compels me to try combing?). It's been in a French braid for the past week or so, and will probably remain like that for the next week at least.

Jenn of Pence
August 24th, 2010, 07:19 PM
1c is not the easiest hair type to deal with, IMHO. 2a and up means real, nice waves and curls, and 1a/b means silky straight. My random 1c body wave looks like an accident most days, like today....and my hair when into the naughty bun, too. ;)

Centaur
August 24th, 2010, 07:21 PM
My hair was naughty today.

The waves did not want to come out and play.

In a braid it spent the day.

After clarifying, deep moisturizing and ACV rinsing, it now looks okay.

:eyebrows:

Luna12345
August 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
when my hair starts doing that it's usually time to change shampoo or conditioner,....my hair was always crazy when I had product build up....try an apple cider vinegar rinse and then deep condition.:)

christine1989
August 25th, 2010, 12:19 AM
This happens to my hair A LOT! It will go a week or more looking like 1b or c then abruptly go back to 2a/b again. I think it could be due to the weather or humidity levels since where I live is prone to irratic weather. Just hang in there and don't cut! You waves will be back soon.

mneh
August 25th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Hi all,

I am so annoyed with my hair today,
it's limp, dull and a massive frizzy mess too.

I did a clarifying shampooing today, and lots of conditioner, after smothering it in coconut oil last night, which I hoped would cheer it up a bit today, but noooo.

On top of that, it's changed from a 2b to a 1c now (I should change that in my hair description I know) and it's really getting me down, since I love my waves. I can't figure out why, since there's no buildup, and when I had my hair longer than this (waist) it kept the waves the whole time. I just hate how it looks now.

I just feel like chopping it off lol

Anyone else having a bad hair day, or rather week, as it has been for me? It would be nice to know that I'm not alone. My hair is in my "fed-up bun" at the moment, it's in disgrace.

When I can muster the courage I'll show pics of it to show what I mean...

Thank you, and rant over...for now lol

Ach, I hope your bold hair sorts itself out soon ;)

I'm having similar frizz problems myself this week, I've put it down to the change in seasons - do you not find it's been much more Autumnal in Ireland this week (cold mornings, lower daytime temps, and darker evenings)? I can't put the awkwardness of my hair down to increased moisture in the air, cos frankly our summer has been fairly wet anyway LOL.

Things I've tried this week that have helped:
I tried adding a little aloe vera gel to my styling gel, also I've upped the level of ACV I put in my final hair rinse. I've found that co-washing with a more moisturising conditioner has helped (adding 1-2tsps of baking soda to the co-wash conditioner has made my hair shinier too), and I tried an SMT which made the ends of my hair feel less like doll-hair.

The waves/curls in my canopy are sulking and won't come out to play this week, so I've tried twirling them when my hair is wet and leaving them to dry - it does make the hair more defined.

A couple of days ago I also tried this lemon rinse http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53745 and I think it definitely worked.

I hope things improve for you. I only started wearing my hair in its naturally wavy/curly state in March so I'm feeling nervous as we head towards winter because I've not had to try and baby curly hair through an Irish winter before. It could be fierce craic trying not to look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards lol

irishlady
August 25th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Ach, I hope your bold hair sorts itself out soon ;)

I'm having similar frizz problems myself this week, I've put it down to the change in seasons - do you not find it's been much more Autumnal in Ireland this week (cold mornings, lower daytime temps, and darker evenings)? I can't put the awkwardness of my hair down to increased moisture in the air, cos frankly our summer has been fairly wet anyway LOL.

Things I've tried this week that have helped:
I tried adding a little aloe vera gel to my styling gel, also I've upped the level of ACV I put in my final hair rinse. I've found that co-washing with a more moisturising conditioner has helped (adding 1-2tsps of baking soda to the co-wash conditioner has made my hair shinier too), and I tried an SMT which made the ends of my hair feel less like doll-hair.

The waves/curls in my canopy are sulking and won't come out to play this week, so I've tried twirling them when my hair is wet and leaving them to dry - it does make the hair more defined.

A couple of days ago I also tried this lemon rinse http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53745 and I think it definitely worked.

I hope things improve for you. I only started wearing my hair in its naturally wavy/curly state in March so I'm feeling nervous as we head towards winter because I've not had to try and baby curly hair through an Irish winter before. It could be fierce craic trying not to look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards lol

Thanks lol

Yeah the weather has been a bit unusual, and then I've been away this summer, and the weather was very hot and humid there most of the time, eww.

I suppose my hair is throwing a bit of a tantrum from the weather changes lol, but I hope my waves come back though.

Centaur
August 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Well, durn, not one person thought my little poem was cute.:confused::p;)

jera
August 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
The weather here has been challenging my hair all week. Now it's pouring rain and nobody is looking at, or cares about, my hair which is sort of a blessing. :o
I wouldn't cut because of bad hair days. I did that once and deeply regretted it. It took six months for my hair to totally grow back from the frustration chop.
:thud:

mneh
August 25th, 2010, 09:46 AM

I thought your poem was lovely but I'm shy so I didn't say anything :blushing:

Centaur
August 25th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I thought your poem was lovely but I'm shy so I didn't say anything :blushing:

You are sweet.:flower: I was ridiculously tickled with my poem. :lol: And the poem was true - that is exactly what me and my hair went through yesterday.

Even though my hair was doing much better last night after the clarifying, deep conditioner and ACV rinse, I put it up again today in a braid...as a preventative measure...in case of afternoon frizz from the humidity. So, in essence, I punished my hair before it even did anything bad today. I wonder if that makes me a mean hair mom, an unfair disciplinarian.;) :lol:

IrishLady, are you having a better hair day today? :)

mneh
August 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
You are sweet.:flower: I was ridiculously tickled with my poem. :lol: And the poem was true - that is exactly what me and my hair went through yesterday.

Even though my hair was doing much better last night after the clarifying, deep conditioner and ACV rinse, I put it up again today in a braid...as a preventative measure...in case of afternoon frizz from the humidity. So, in essence, I punished my hair before it even did anything bad today. I wonder if that makes me a mean hair mom, an unfair disciplinarian.;) :lol:

IrishLady, are you having a better hair day today? :)

I wish my hair was long enough for updos but the canopy is layered (shortest layers come to mid-ear) and when I try updos I end up with too many hair grips in the hair to hold layers back out of my face or I get sticky-out bits in the main part of the do - hardly elegant lol. So the only effective 'naughty-step' I have for my hair is a ponytail :D

Hmmm, perhaps you should explain to your hair why it's being punished - Supernanny always advocates associating consequences with bad behaviour ;)

irishlady
August 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Aww I liked it :)
I'm a bit shy too so sometimes I don't say much about things like that, but yeah :)

And my hair is a little bit better today, but still flat, so it's been in a naughty ponytail today lol

x0h_bother
August 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM

HAHAHA....:gobblecheese: