PDA

View Full Version : Peacock twist troubles

Periwinkle
May 20th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I experimented with this style today, but with little success.

1) At what point is hair too long? My hair is a few inches pas APL, but it's very thick. Am I beyond it?

2) How much of the ends are you supposed to leave?

3) How do you get the ends to stay down? I tried leaving more ends, misting, using frizz creams and brushing them down, but nothing stayed.

3) How do you make them stay at the back, instead of coming to the side? Lots of mine ended up by my ears. I tried the same things as I did for getting them to stay down, but with no success.

Any ideas?

lavenderblue
May 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
my hair is about the same length yours and I can't do a peacock twist anymore, it is too long. When I do a peacock it looks like a very sad peacock with the tail hanging down ;)

Euphony
May 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I have mine in a peacock today...though I think at this length it's not called a peacock twist anymore, I've heard faux ponytail and waterfall twist. So in a way your hair is never truely too long for that updo, but it has a much different appearance depending on the length of hair.

Elle
May 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
my hair is about the same length yours and I can't do a peacock twist anymore, it is too long. When I do a peacock it looks like a very sad peacock with the tail hanging down ;)
I've never seen a peacock twist before, but had a feeling that it wouldn't work with my hair. Now I know. I don't think a sad bird style would be very becoming on me. :grin:

Hypnotica
May 20th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I have never been able to that style - my hair is too stuck-up for that. :D