PDA

View Full Version : cradle cap, in adults [Possibily Seboric dermatitis]

blondecat
August 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
So, OK folks, I have very stubbon yellow waxy patches on most of my scalp, around the crown and behind the ears.

As A side note, I have been on antibiotics for nearly a month for a congested chest.

And I've developed Thrush in my mouth.

Can anyone think of a NATURAL way to help improve this condition, I'd reather not go whole hog on more medications. I think My body is telling me enough is enough.

I eat well, lots of unprocess grains and pulses, lean protein. Lots of Fresh fruit and vegetables. I drinlk lots of clean water, 3-4 litres a day. I do take multivitamins everyday, including biotin

My hair is 'thinning, every day.

I've got a 1/4 inch circum, ponytail if that.

My hair is very very fine, much like fair floss or spun sugar, but, it always has been. I simply used to have a lot my of it.

I have had all the medical testing done, nothng major , not hormonal, nothing
It is making my depressed :(

Cheers, Hope you all can help TIA

HintOfMint
August 23rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Some yogurt and a strong probiotic that your doctor approves?

Anje
August 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
I can't offer you much help on the cradle cap (which I think is the same thing as SD), but it seems like the antibiotics are causing all sorts of issues with your system, huh? Are you eating yogurt? I'd suggest consuming yogurt or kefir a few hours after the antibiotic dose (depending on what you're using, you might need to avoid having the antibiotic in your stomach with a calcium source), just to try to keep some healthy flora in your digestive system. Might help the thrush in your mouth, too.

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem!

(ETA: I'm really, really lactose intolerant, but I can eat both yogurt and homemade kefir without taking lactase pills. So if you don't have reasons to avoid dairy, I'd really suggest chugging the stuff.)