PDA

View Full Version : I have finally decided...

09robiha
August 23rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
I am scraficing my goal length for the sake of my curls. I WANT to color my hair. I WANT to use my diffuser without guilt and I want to enjoy my hair. Thats the reason I grew it out and I am tired of it controlling my life. It is beging to become a chore not a pleasure. Recently I have been spending wayyyy to much time looking at short hair, hair care and other related things. I think I am going to continue to waist and try to jsut keep in healthy there. Bye Bye Classic *sob* I dont think I will ever see you!

LILBERT
August 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
No worries! Once you get to waist you can always re-think, its not a yes or no lifelong decision right now. And the moment you stop enjoying your hair is the moment you should re-think. Always always enjoy it! Congrats for you :)

yvsa
August 23rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
I want to enjoy my hair.

This is the key. If you don't enjoy it anymore what is the point. So do what ever feels right for you.

FrannyG
August 23rd, 2010, 07:34 AM
I couldn't agree more that the most important thing is enjoying your hair. I can't imagine the frustration of waiting all of that time to get to classic length if you aren't happy every day with how your hair looks. Waist length is plenty long in the real world anyway. :blossom:

triumphator!
August 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Remember: it's just hair, it always grows out of your head :)

And you never know, if you take good care of it, I bet you could reach classic using a blow dryer and hair color. You just need to balance out the damaging stuff with TLC.

No worries!

Tabitha
August 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
I got to a few inches past waist, and decided to cut for very similar reasons. I've been very happy for the last 18 months at mid-back, enjoying my hair much more and not regretting one single inch.

pookatrina
August 23rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
I was right around tailbone & cut it to midback for the same kind of reasons. I like to play with my hair's color & my goal had been terminal, while it would have be wonderful to see how long that would be right now that's not what I wanted. I'm back down to waist & didn't end up liking the work of the color I was dyeing, but I'm glad I did it.

goldenoak
August 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
I agree with the other comments here. It's about loving your hair, not about forcing yourself to any particular length.

I think that everyone in the world should be given a wallet-sized card that says "You're always allowed to change your mind." This applies to everything, but includes hair. :)

DuckyDot
August 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
That's fine! (By the Way It's CurlyPolkaDot from NC.com Here :) ) Your hair has to be right for you!

Coffeebug
August 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Not everybody's hair looks it's best at a super-super-long length does it. If you enjoy yours better slightly less long and it looks better for it then that's definitely the smart decision! I chopped just over a foot off mine recently and it was a definite improvement.

09robiha
August 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
That's fine! (By the Way It's CurlyPolkaDot from NC.com Here :) ) Your hair has to be right for you!

Hiiiiiiiii :poot: nice to see you around here :D

katha
August 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
I agree with the others. You are doing this to enjoy yourself. :)

spidermom
August 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
I guess it depends on the perspective that you're coming at this from. I have a hard time following through on anything. Sticking with my long-held goal of classic length is an important exercise on having the patience and focus to see a long process through to completion. I've been tempted to cut back so many times!

I hope my work in this area spills over into other areas of my life. That would be SO helpful.

DuckyDot
August 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks Robiha!! :cheese:

You never know, you might just keep on letting that hair grow after all....