PDA

View Full Version : my day with the sock bun

ullalein
August 23rd, 2010, 02:15 AM
a perfect day for a beautiful hairdo, the 30th birthday of 2 good friends. we were invited to join them on a lovely little swedish island
in anticipation of the occasion i opted for the luscious sock bun. displaying my hennaed hair in all of its poofieness and glory. i did an entire roll sock bun and adorned it with a large seablue flower and a wire wrapped hairstick. little did i know, i was to un- and re-wrapp it multible times that day. not for security purposes, as you might suspect, but for the purpose of teaching. i was spreading the word. long fine hair did not have to be boring, nor did the resulting updos have to be flimsy and small. down and up, down and up, all the while making wire wrapped hair sticks for my long haired friends. cause, where there's a Ullalein, there will be a box with pearls, wire and other jewelry-making equipment, ready to better the world, one sparkly bit at a time.

there was eating, drinking, fun in the sun. it was a lovely day!
just one more hour in the car, then we would be home. my baby sleeping in his bucket seat besides me, my tired husband driving the car, i take out my sock one last time, and rest my head on my trusted supporter, as i fall asleep.

Evie
August 23rd, 2010, 02:45 AM
oooh sounds perfect - are there any pics??? ;):D

Karala
August 23rd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Sounds like a lovely day :)

triumphator!
August 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
Sounds like a good day, and I love the reflective narrative style you wrote your post in :D

Alvrodul
August 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
It certainly sounds like a wonderful day for both you and your friends - and with the added pleasure of teaching the friends some new tricks! :)