PDA

View Full Version : Help!! short hair shedding

urara12
August 23rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
I noticed that there is short hair's in my shedding...:(
I am BSL lenght, but sometime I found very short hair shedding
which like 5inch to 8inch. is this some sign?
I did google it and got some answer which says
short hair shedding is singn of thinning...I wanna cry:(
I know it's not broken hair because it has hair bulb.
anyone same experiance?

christine1989
August 23rd, 2010, 02:15 AM
I get some of those too with the root thingie attached. As long as you are not shedding a ton of them it is pretty normal. I shed quite a few and my hair has never gotten any thinner.

Charlotte
August 23rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
Yep, the same thing happens to me too. :confused: I don't know why and hope to goodness that my hair is not getting any more thinner (although it has over the last 10 years or so).

My hair is at hip length (maintaining for the time being to try to thicken the ends) and when I softly finger comb my hair, I still I lose quite a lot of hair that is only approximately 5" long. :(

Not happy.... if anyone knows why this happens please let us know. :blossom:

spidermom
August 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
My hair does this also. I don't know why some hairs have such a short growth cycle, but I hear it's normal.

urara12
August 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
I get some of those too with the root thingie attached. As long as you are not shedding a ton of them it is pretty normal. I shed quite a few and my hair has never gotten any thinner.

Christine, thank you so much for your reply. I am relieved to hear that I am not only one! I guess 1/4 of shed hair is short hair . but my pont size is has been not change.but I am keep eye on it.

Yep, the same thing happens to me too. :confused: I don't know why and hope to goodness that my hair is not getting any more thinner (although it has over the last 10 years or so).

My hair is at hip length (maintaining for the time being to try to thicken the ends) and when I softly finger comb my hair, I still I lose quite a lot of hair that is only approximately 5" long. :(

Not happy.... if anyone knows why this happens please let us know. :blossom:

Charlotte. thank you very much for reply with my question.
I asked to my friends who is long hair and they shed short hair too. one of my freind told me her 1/4 of her shed hair is short
( I know shed had ton of hair) as long as it's not going to thinner
I am fine with it.
but wonder why too:confused:

urara12
August 23rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
My hair does this also. I don't know why some hairs have such a short growth cycle, but I hear it's normal.

spidermom.thank you very much for your post.
oh! now I am relieved to hear that it's normal.
I think I am trauma with hair shed ( after I had big hair shed ).... and shoud stop to google it. I feel that my hair getting thinning everytime I read some info of hair loss even thought my pony size haven't change.

Charlotte
August 24th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I'm glad that Spidermom has the same issue of short hairs shedding, as she has lovely thick hair! :) It gives me hope that I won't eventually be bald!!! :o :p

I wonder if anyone else will chime in with the same complaint/worry? I still do wonder exactly why this might be happening other than the possible thinning hair syndrome...? :confused: :) :blossom:

naereid
August 24th, 2010, 03:35 AM
My hair does that too. I think they're those hairs around your face and ears which never grow any further than that.

Charlotte
August 25th, 2010, 07:11 PM
That's interesting Naereid, :) I'll have to look a bit more closely as to where exactly on my head my short hairs shed from. :blossom: