PDA

View Full Version : the most disgusting hair milestone (TMI)

squiggyflop
August 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
well its finally happened.. yup the time has come.. i washed my hair today and i decided to let it dry fully or at least mostly before putting it up (i usually give up after 5 minutes and braid it) so i head to the bathroom to oil my ends.. (i oil them to weight down the stupid giant spiral pattern).. and when i was finished i looked around the bathroom.. for some reason all i have to do is see a toilet to make me have to go..

and as i was about to sit down i realized something awful.. my hair.. my hair almost touched the toilet.. i grabbed it in time thank goodness.. but i realized that my hair has grown long enough that when its wet (its longer wet due to wavys) its long enough to touch the pot.. oh how awful.. i ended up tying it around my neck.. it wasn't just long enough to barely touch it.. if i had slouched even a little a full 3 inches would have sat on the pot *gag*

so when im finished and i leave the bathroom i think to myself.. why would it suddenly be long enough to reach the pot?? and so i reach back and feel the ends.. im now ~3 fingers width away from classic when wet.. when did that happen? i guess all my wearing it up tricked my brain into thinking my hair was still hip length

ugh this is more gross than when it was getting caught in my pantys every time i changed my clothes..

anyone else freak out a little when they reached this milestone? or am i the only one disgusted.. if you haven't reached it how do you think you will react? i honestly thought i wouldn't panic.. but i did.. i even got the scissors in hand thinking of chopping 3 inches (i didn't do it though)..

ericthegreat
August 22nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
This is why I always have a hair tie around my wrist. I always quickly bun my hair whenever I go to the bathroom. I am NOT going to let any part of my hair get caught underneath the toilet. I would sooner chop it back to waist length if such a disgusting thing were to accidently happen.

exile2600
August 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
LOL! I'm glad I'm sticking with waist length for my goal. This hadn't even entered my mind as a concern. At least you didn't realize this at a public toilet.

spidermom
August 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Long before my hair grew long enough to worry about this, I stumbled upon a web site where people were talking about how gross long hair is and "ewwwwwww; what do people do with it in a public restroom?" From that point on, I would gather my hair to the front of one or both shoulders before I sat in the bathroom.

Kristin
August 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wow. This never even occurred to me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will be sticking with hip as my goal now.

GlassEyes
August 22nd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Simple. You pull it over your shoulder, or wrap it around your neck. Easy. As long as it doesn't actually touch it, I don't think it's particularly disgusting at all.

Finoriel
August 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
:laugh:
I just knew what this thread would be about before clicking it.
Guess that gives a hint about it if I had a similar experience when I reached that milestone.

You'll just develop an additional automatism to pull your hair/braid in front of you :p after dropping your pants and before sitting down.
Changes in this order will eventually lead to unplanned washing actions :wacko:

squiggyflop
August 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
for those of you who said to pull it over my shoulder.. i WAS pulling it over my shoulder.. and it still was long enough to touch.. gross.. and i did end up wrapping it around my neck but it was slippery wet so i ended up tying it in a knot..

oh and i didnt immediately bun it because i didnt want it to curl..

Finoriel
August 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Just let it hang down besides your leg. Outside. Not inside.

Loviatar
August 22nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I'd pull it around my neck also.

But if the braid/tail touched the toilet, I'd just CO the ends. :shrug: No big deal. But then my toilet is pretty clean. I might shampoo the ends properly if it touched a public restroom toilet.

Debra83
August 22nd, 2010, 05:06 PM
LOL! I'm glad I'm sticking with waist length for my goal. This hadn't even entered my mind as a concern. At least you didn't realize this at a public toilet.

Me too!!!!

Elenna
August 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Well, close but similar, I clean the cat box at night. The other night, I realized that if I leaned a little bit closer/or my hair was a little bit longer, then hair will touch the litter!!!!!!!!! Oh gross!!!!!

HikerTrash
August 22nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
You could tuck it into the front of your shirt, too. Wrap it around your neck once and tuck the rest in the front of your shirt. That ought to keep it safe.

Cosmicfish
August 22nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
haha I would flip, especially if it was a public bathroom....-shudder-

Fiferstone
August 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Cat boxes, that happens to me now. I braid and double the braid up to prevent that from happening. No one wants their ends in the catbox while their cleaning it. ;)

I'm at tailbone and it's a good 3-4 inches away from "contact" with the dreaded porcelain throne, but I'm starting to train myself to pull it forward beforehand, in preparation for when I'll need to be mindful of this for real.

redkdawg
August 22nd, 2010, 06:24 PM
This thread made me laugh. I keep my hair up most of the time so it's out of my way. However I have sat down on the toilet, only to wonder what feeling is and realize that it's my hair. Luckily mine is not long enough where going on it is a problem.

Ulvashi
August 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
:laugh:
You'll just develop an additional automatism to pull your hair/braid in front of you :p after dropping your pants and before sitting down.

Thats exactly the case with me.......it never happened to me...this hair-toilet-dips ewwww....I automatically drape them around my neck the moment I get inside a toilet

VanillaTresses
August 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
You guys are giving me the heebie-jeebies! :?

lpsqt60
August 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
I can totally relate to the cat box issue, if I 'm not careful I have to wash my hair again;).

RavennaNight
August 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Oh I've needed to pull my hair infront of me when using the bathroom for quite sometime now. Eew! Back of toilet seat anyone? Your milestone will be my next, I gather.

Longlocks3
August 22nd, 2010, 07:30 PM
I prefer the hair scarf method. I find it makes me giggle while I'm sitting there imagining how silly I look with my hair wrapped around my neck.

I've also learned not to clean cat boxes with loose hair. Ick. Another positive for wearing updos! Protective and keeps it clean.

Quixii
August 22nd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I just pull it over my shoulder and hold it in that hand.
I was actually kind of excited when I realized I reached that landmark. I told myself never to forget, especially in public, but it was nice to feel that landmark.

Djinmonet
August 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hehe, I think I've had the pulling around front, and tucking either in my blouse, or something similar habit my whole life. I hate it touching the toilet *lid*, so at pretty much all lengths past APL I'm auto-moving it. Cat boxes, dishwashing, cooking, driving, anything.

Threw me off balance for months anytime my hair hasn't been long enough to need that. I reach back and... no hair mid-back.

Kome
August 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
I remember in high school when my hair was at classic length and this would happen when I bent over on the toilet. NOT... COOL... hair in toilet is just... just... BLECH. *shivers*

Capybara
August 22nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Oh dear! :p I've been wrapping my hair around my neck for quite some time now, in preparation for when this may happen.

adiapalic
August 22nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
haha... this milestone hasn't been as much of an issue as hair in the... uhm.. "crackers" while getting dressed. *ugh* lol

I avoid hair-on-toilet-seat problem buy either throwing my hair to the front over my shoulder, or putting it in a quick bun with an ouchless rubberband. If I don't have a rubberband and I'm at a public place, I'll tie my hair in a loose knot--luckily my hair is long enough to do this now. Very handy. :flower:

clichepithet
August 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Am I the only one not particularly bothered by this possibility? Don't get me wrong; I do not want my hair in the toilet. Ever. Nor am I trying to scoff at others who are bothered by this. Granted I hardly wear mine down and I already swoop it over my shoulders to the front... when and if. It's not quite long enough to really need to wrap around my neck yet but I digress.

Your phone, even your computer keyboard, likely has more germs and bacteria than your toilet seat.

ETA: I'm really not trying to be insulting to anyones feelings or start a... fight isn't the right word, but you know. I'm just kind of perplexed.

Tapioca
August 22nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
I've always referred to the wrap-around-the-neck as the potty scarf. :D

RachelRain
August 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
I wasn't grossed out when I reached this length (I automatically wrap it around my fist, I have since it reached the waistband of my pants), until I flipped my head a few months ago from halfway across the bathroom to do something and the very ends landed in the toilet.

I had just cleaned the hell out of it, but still... I hopped back in the shower and washed those ends again just on principal. lol.

EtherealOde
August 22nd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Am I the only one not particularly bothered by this possibility? Don't get me wrong; I do not want my hair in the toilet. Ever. Nor am I trying to scoff at others who are bothered by this. Granted I hardly wear mine down and I already swoop it over my shoulders to the front... when and if. It's not quite long enough to really need to wrap around my neck yet but I digress.

Your phone, even your computer keyboard, likely has more germs and bacteria than your toilet seat.

ETA: I'm really not trying to be insulting to anyones feelings or start a... fight isn't the right word, but you know. I'm just kind of perplexed.

I know exactly how dirty these things can get after taking a couple of microbiology classes in college. That's why they all get cleaned daily with antibacterial wipes, and at least once a week get a good wetting with Lysol as well.

I think if I am lucky enough to grow my hair that long, I am going to carry a claw clip in my purse at all times, for just such an emergency. I already carry toilet seat covers, because it freaks me out sitting where a hundred dubiously clean/unclean asses have been before mine. Standing is nasty though, most women who stand tend to spray somewhat, and if I ever wet my clothes I would be in a real state. Ugh.

AlleyKitten
August 22nd, 2010, 10:12 PM
I do the potty scarf if I have my hair down or braided. It's been habit for a while now. I've also picked up the habit of bringing my hair around to the front or tossing it up on the couch cushions whenever I sit down, so I don't pin the braid under or behind me and trap my head. It get automatic pretty fast.

Arctic_Mama
August 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yay for growth, eww for almost-contact with the toilet :lol:

Arfed
August 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
lol, ah I dread the day I have to begin worrying about this.

aksown
August 23rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
Because I started training a 4 year old with tbl hair to pull it over her shoulder (before her mom chopped it to a chin length bob :wail:), I do it now sometimes. I assume, when I need to, the habit will develop. :shrug:

Loreley
August 23rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
I always make a knot bun before going to the bathroom. It's guick and stays up for a few minutes without sticks or anything put in it. :)

suffer-cait
August 23rd, 2010, 01:56 AM
i just swing my hair over my shoulder and it kind of stays wrapped around my arm, left because generally toilet paper is on the right.

Carrie Ingalls
August 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wearing it up most of the time pretty much solves this issue. However, on occasion when it is down or even just braided I just folded back and forth up to about BSL, pick up the bottom of my shirt making a pouch to hold my hair. Problem solved, it becomes second nature.

sibiryachka
August 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
I clean the litter box first thing in the morning. This gives me an excellent reason to braid my hair for sleep, and leave it braided until after I've done the cat box. One oopsie was all it took to make that a habit!

Anne~
August 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
LOL this thread brings me back.

Now my problem is trimming horse hoofs and my braid comes unfastened and falls into the stuff on the floor. :rolleyes:

Alvrodul
August 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked:
I can only say it is a while until I need to worry about something like this! :disgust:

hmmm
August 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
This is so funny! I know a girl who regularly sits on her thigh length hair, but this takes the cake!!

Congratulations, and I'm looking forward to doing this one day myself :D

spidermom
August 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
I didn't think of this earlier, but when I sweep my hair to the front before sitting, it ends up wrapped around my forearm, so no danger of dropping onto unsavory places.

jackiesjottings
August 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
I am about there too but I have instincively started to make sure the hair is clear before seating as it were!!

Yozhik
August 23rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Wow. I'm not yet at this *wonderful* milestone.

What first freaked me out and tipped me off to the possibility of longhairs getting hair dunked in dubious substances was when I was sharing an apartment with some of my friends in college, and my friend with gorgeous 3c curls was stooping to put something in the trash and ended up putting her hair in it instead :(

DuckyDot
August 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
I'm Glad My hair hasn't got that long...

Ughh..All this talk of hair and Trash and Toilets is making me feel a bit Sick :(

Ugh...

kittensoupnrice
August 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Lol.
I was thinking, gee, why don't I have this problem!

It's cause binding my hair up in a clip/stick/ficcare before I even turn towards the toilet is so second nature now! I also rarely go out in public w/ my hair down.

I think at this point, I'd be mildly weirded out by having hair dangling around me while I did my business. :D

Solange
August 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
I think I was in the habit of tossing my hair to the side before I even reached that length. I just keep in to the side with one of my arms, or on the outside of my leg. It's just instinct to me; I don't actually think about it.

trolleypup
August 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
*shrug* As others have said, automatic hair handling happens most of the time, on the rare occasions it doesn't, well, I guess I don't have any toilet phobia and just rinse or wash it as appropriate.

1953Diygal
August 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I guess the closest I can come to this milestone is the fact that I keep getting toothpaste and food in my braid tassels/dangling hair. Since my hair transitioned from BSL to WL, I just haven't learned to deal with this on a regular basis. What it amounts to is nasty, gooey, tangly, ends.

RachelRain
August 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
I guess the closest I can come to this milestone is the fact that I keep getting toothpaste and food in my braid tassels/dangling hair. Since my hair transitioned from BSL to WL, I just haven't learned to deal with this on a regular basis. What it amounts to is nasty, gooey, tangly, ends.

I just did the toothpaste thing ten minutes ago... at least my ends smell minty now :)

Eden_Rayn
August 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM

I am the same way. My hair is still only at BSL and the thought of it accedently touching a toilet does not gross me out at all. However I do have to admit I only use my toilet I never use public restrooms . I clean mine every other day and on the days I don't it gets sprayed with Lysol. So I doubt much could survive on my john.

constantki
August 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Is it pathetic that I am jealous?

tigr
August 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
It seems to me that if you keep growing and reach floor-length, this shouldn't be a problem any more...

jeanniet
August 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Well, my pat answer to my boys asking (in that "oh, Mommmm" annoyed teenaged voice) "How long are you going to grow your hair?" is "Till I can wipe my butt with it." :D Not that I would, of course (ew), but it grosses out the kids, and there's some satisfaction in that. :whip:

Cinnamon Hair
August 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
It seems to me that if you keep growing and reach floor-length, this shouldn't be a problem any more...

Unless you share a toilet with a man or boy who doesn't have accurate aim. :puke:

tigr
August 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
Unless you share a toilet with a man or boy who doesn't have accurate aim. :puke:

Ewww. It would make a great blessing, though, "May all your sons have accurate aim."

GlennaGirl
August 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Ewww. It would make a great blessing, though, "May all your sons have accurate aim."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I live with my husband and my two little boys, so I can really appreciate this.

Anje
August 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I've long since learned that I can't clean the cat boxes with a simple braid, and always bun the hair for that chore. Similarly, hair gets pulled to the side and front, or more usually tied in a quick slipknot bun if it's loose when I run to the bathroom.

No, my disgusting milestone was trimmed back from a while back... That one is the point at which, when showering, the ends can get caught between the buttcheeks enough that you notice resistance when you move your head! I decided it would be a good time to start working on my end thickness a little more before I start working on a method of rinsing my hair that doesn't get it caught!

Oh, I love it. I don't know when, but that has to be used as a toast somewhere!

pinkbunny
August 25th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I actually looked forward to reaching this goal for a long time. When I was 13, my friend was telling me about her mother's hair. The mother always kept it bunned, so I never realized just how long it was til I saw it down one day. My friend kind of bragged that her mother had to move it out of the way to use the bathroom - which was such an alien idea to me, I was instantly fascinated.

Of course, once I got it growing long I had to start moving it way before it would've been able to touch the seat. At waist length, it was hard to pull my pants down without snagging a few hairs, so I just started pulling it over my left shoulder and I either hold it or lean forward so it doesn't touch anything. One "ew" milestone I had recently was when I realized I can't lean too far forward or it will touch the floor (super gross in public restrooms)!

MandyBeth
August 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Men do not have bathroom aim unless they sit. Brother who is a trained sniper will miss the toilet. Which I think comes down to turf marking.

Arianwen
August 25th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Is it pathetic that I am jealous?

Nay/nein/non/nope. I can't wait for my hair to be at toilet-dipping length! :D

Antipodienne
August 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Men do not have bathroom aim unless they sit. Brother who is a trained sniper will miss the toilet. Which I think comes down to turf marking.

Ohmygoodness this made me laugh so hard!

I think the worst thing is that weird tickle you get in your nether bits sometimes and you have to excuse yourself to go pull out the wad of hair from the dryer that you didn't notice balled up in your panties. Awful.

Nastasia
August 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I think the worst thing is that weird tickle you get in your nether bits sometimes and you have to excuse yourself to go pull out the wad of hair from the dryer that you didn't notice balled up in your panties. Awful.

Oof, that one. I don't think I've ever found one in my panties, but I've found wads of hair attached to my clothes. It's best when that happens before I leave the house.

As for the toilet thing, my hair isn't quite at tailbone yet, but I've had the habit for years of pulling it over my shoulder and letting the ends trail against the outside of my leg. Haven't had any problems with that strategy so far.

And while we're on TMI subjects, how about those shed hairs that I'm always pulling out of interesting places? They always insist on migrating in that direction...

Arianwen
August 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Oof, that one. I don't think I've ever found one in my panties, but I've found wads of hair attached to my clothes. It's best when that happens before I leave the house.

As for the toilet thing, my hair isn't quite at tailbone yet, but I've had the habit for years of pulling it over my shoulder and letting the ends trail against the outside of my leg. Haven't had any problems with that strategy so far.

And while we're on TMI subjects, how about those shed hairs that I'm always pulling out of interesting places? They always insist on migrating in that direction...

I *hate* the migrating-into-embarrassing-places hairs!

MandyBeth
August 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My lower underwear has not had migrating hairs. The upper concelment device however attracts sheds and there is no way to remove those politely short of the bathroom which leads to the risk of the OP problem.

kittensoupnrice
August 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Actually, I was thinking this morning, the most disgusting hair milestone for me was when my hair started touching the shower floor when I try to bend over to soap up my feet. :bigeyes:

Gross.

jeanniet
August 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
My lower underwear has not had migrating hairs. The upper concelment device however attracts sheds and there is no way to remove those politely short of the bathroom which leads to the risk of the OP problem.
Oh, and the tickling and irritation if you can't get the offender out right away!

sibiryachka
August 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM

I cannot count the times I've freaked out thinking there was a bug or spider inside my shirt, only to find that it was just a hair or several caught in the band of my bra, hanging down and tickling like lots of tiny legs...

SpinDance
August 26th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hmm, so we have the Cat Box Cleaning length, the Dipping While Sitting length, the Oh No I Bent Over And It's On The Floor length..... Oh, and the Let Me Help You Wash Your Hands length.

dreamsofnorns
September 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
anyone else freak out a little when they reached this milestone? or am i the only one disgusted.. if you haven't reached it how do you think you will react? i honestly thought i wouldn't panic.. but i did.. i even got the scissors in hand thinking of chopping 3 inches (i didn't do it though)..

I haven'y gotten to that length yet, but I always make sure I pull my hair over my shoulder when I sit down on anything because my hair tends to get caught in things like bolts on chair backs and zippers and buttons of people passing by.
If my hair were to touch the toilet I think it would only freak me out if it wasn't my toilet that I know had been cleaned. I'd never thought about this before. Now I think I need to think about it more often :)

katha
September 4th, 2010, 02:31 AM
And this is why so many longhairs wear their hair up. :D

My a-little-gross-but-not-really milestone was that the other day, my dog found my hair to be a pretty chewing toy... it was kind of cute, really.

Stagecoach
September 4th, 2010, 05:30 AM
This really icks me out as well. I normally wear my hair up to prevent it.

Lately though, I've been wearing it in a braid (which ends up being classic on me) and I always wrap the braid around my neck to control the length.

Chrissy
September 4th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Lol.
I was thinking, gee, why don't I have this problem!

It's cause binding my hair up in a clip/stick/ficcare before I even turn towards the toilet is so second nature now! I also rarely go out in public w/ my hair down.

I think at this point, I'd be mildly weirded out by having hair dangling around me while I did my business. :D

This is what I was thinking. Always carry a ficcare with you in your purse or pocket or something. Then you could just put it in that for the time being and let it back down easily. I can't wait till my hair is this long!!! Even with the ewwww factor I still can't wait.

Chrissy
September 4th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Ohmygoodness this made me laugh so hard!

HAIR THONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Chrissy
September 4th, 2010, 06:29 AM

HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving these "where your shed hairs end up" posts. Makes me grin.

Charlotte:)
September 4th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hahahaha! I used to have this same problem when I was little and my hair was super long!

Kelli Kat
September 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
My hair isn't long enough to worry about that yet. But are we talking about it touching the seat or actually touching inside the toilet bowl. At home I wouldn't worry about my hair touching the seat. In public I always wear it up so that wouldn't be an issue. I would not want my hair to actually touch inside the toilet towl though, so I would gather it up with clip.

squiggyflop
September 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM
My hair isn't long enough to worry about that yet. But are we talking about it touching the seat or actually touching inside the toilet bowl. At home I wouldn't worry about my hair touching the seat. In public I always wear it up so that wouldn't be an issue. I would not want my hair to actually touch inside the toilet towl though, so I would gather it up with clip.
i was talking about it touching the seat.. i didnt even think about it going in the bowl until reading this thread

DecafJane
September 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
This reminds me of that story of somebody on here who was changing their baby's pooey nappy and had to go and wash their hair afterwards.

I love these forums. :D

Gvnagitlvgei
September 4th, 2010, 07:18 PM
LOL. Just thank your stars that you weren't on second plate and stole to a home-run on your ends. That would have been embarassing out in public lolol! Congrats on the length.

ArienEllariel
September 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
This reminds me of that story of somebody on here who was changing their baby's pooey nappy and had to go and wash their hair afterwards.

Eeeeekkkkk!!! :run:

I can't even imagine..

kittensoupnrice
September 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Oh my goodness, I hadn't even thought of that! :shudder:
Remind me to keep a stash of hair clips all over the place after my squishy arrives! :p

italianamama
September 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I had to teach my four year old (who's now at classic length) to pull her braid over her shoulder and tuck it in the front of her dress before she even THINKS about hopping up on the potty. So yea, ewww. She's horrified at the fact that she could actually pee on her own hair. I hope I'm not giving her complexes :D

hmmm
September 5th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Is it weird that, once I get to that point I'm likely not to be bothered by getting pee on my hair? I mean I'm sure it isn't bad for my hair...

Antipodienne
September 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM

OH I just remembered something I wish I hadn't. Brain bleach needed here.

My sister in law was changing my nephew's diaper, and had to pull one of her waist length hairs OUT OF HIS BUTT. Maybe he had eaten it or something?!? It was really...up...in there...

Starr
September 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Luckily I wear my hair up most of the time, so I rarely have to deal with that, but when it's down I just put it up in a quick bun or pull it over my shoulder.

nicolezoie
September 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Before my hair got really long, my best friend's mother told me about the time in the bar bathroom where her thigh length hair ended up in the toilet bowl, and shortly thereafter she cut her hair shorter. So from that point forward I became hyper aware of where my hair was in the bathroom, and have never had that sort of ghastly experience.

JamieLeigh
September 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM
When I first started creeping past waist, I began to do the "hair scarf"...just wrapping it around my neck like a scarf, and keeping it there until after I wash and dry my hands...and I have taught my daughter to do the same. My hair is on the upper side of "ii" so it's thin enough to wrap around twice and almost three times now. However...I have started wearing it up 99% of the time to avoid damage to my ends while I'm maintaining around fingertip, so it's not really an issue any time between 6AM and 10PM. :p

Anje
September 9th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I had to teach my four year old (who's now at classic length) to pull her braid over her shoulder and tuck it in the front of her dress before she even THINKS about hopping up on the potty. So yea, ewww. She's horrified at the fact that she could actually pee on her own hair. I hope I'm not giving her complexes :D

Great until it gets long enough to hang between her legs in front. :p Maybe shove most of it down the shirt, leaving the ends sticking out at the shoulder?

Is it weird that, once I get to that point I'm likely not to be bothered by getting pee on my hair? I mean I'm sure it isn't bad for my hair...
I'm with you -- pee in and of itself doesn't strike me as that disgusting. (As long as it's my own... I think I'd freak out a bit if it were someone else's!) And if it's hanging down enough to pee on, it's easily rinsed off afterward. I'm more interested in keeping my hair away from the back end.

pepperminttea
September 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM

See, I wasn't grossed out by this thread... until this. :p

(But I'm still a bit envious. :o )

hmmm
September 10th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I'm with you -- pee in and of itself doesn't strike me as that disgusting. (As long as it's my own... I think I'd freak out a bit if it were someone else's!) And if it's hanging down enough to pee on, it's easily rinsed off afterward. I'm more interested in keeping my hair away from the back end.

:doh: You just had to gross me out because I wasn't the first time :lol:

Dragon
September 13th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Cant wait till my hair is that long. Will have to defently be carefull at public toilets. Yuck.

Alvrodul
September 13th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Eeeeekkkkk!!! :run:

I can't even imagine..
I can. Which is why I make sure that my hair is not going to fall out of its bun when I do that. It is not usually a problem, but when you have a mischievous and curious toddler who is both grabby and loooooves hairsticks... :rolleyes: My solution was to stick one or two extras in that would be "up for grabs".:)