PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Favorite Hair Accessory?

JulietCapulet
August 22nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hi, what is the hair accessory you find yourself using the most?

Cinnamon Hair
August 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
A ficcare maximas.

greygoth
August 22nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
Favorite accessory is a Baerreis Cygnus in ebony (?) and a couple of Ficcare Maximas. Most often used? Scrunchies!

Cosmicfish
August 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
My bobbi pins with embellishments on them, they look wonderful with hair-do's like this, but I didn't use them in this pic xD

http://tinypic.com/r/aazo5i/4

Blandine
August 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
Small wooden Blandine Forberg forks with 2 or 3 prongs

Juneii
August 23rd, 2010, 01:06 AM
the two prong ebony Etta Mae fork - I think the style is the pawn. I use it the the most right now :D

DragonLady
August 23rd, 2010, 01:20 AM
I have worn my 60th Street bacote Savannah almost exclusively since the day I got it. It slides right in, holds for hours, goes with most of my outfits, and just never gives me a minute's trouble. I love it.

Loreley
August 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
This barrette: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&pictureid=75068 :)

AgnesONutter
August 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
If I could just choose one...I would probably say my Ficcare Maximas since it holds my hair like nothing else and goes with any outfit for any occasion. Though, I love my Quattro 4-prong fork and my Quattro stick too. :)

Deborah
August 23rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
I use my Quattro Starlite fork and my tiny claw clips the most. They both hold a bun very well for me, better than sticks or any other toys.

embee
August 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
One of my MeiFa hairsticks (I have a pair), pretty much every day. At night there's this nice two prong fork that I use for my topknot.

MandyBeth
August 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
My GTS forks, hold no matter what. Or a Ficcare. For pretty, either NB Black Posey or Aliarose Hyacinth, both bought knowing they were unwearable now, but I couldn't leave them.

Alvrodul
August 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
If I am in a hurry in the morning, I usually tend to grab a pair of Ketylos

rags
August 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Most used right now would be a tie between my 60th street forks and my ketylos. My favorite - I can't pick just one!

Arielle8960
August 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Another vote for the 60th street fork. I definitely use it the most. But my favorite is probably my Baerreis wee shell. It's not great for everyday wear as it is on the small side, but it sure is beautiful.

angelthadiva
August 23rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
I can't pick one. I wear my Quattro Starlite, octi clips and Ficcares a lot :)

JulietCapulet
October 5th, 2010, 04:16 AM
For me it's a basic black rubber band. But It used to be tortoiseshell clips.

Dreams_in_Pink
October 5th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Tiaras and banana clips! :D

(yes i'm not a hairtoy person)

Sheltie_Momma
October 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM
One Ketylo or a ficarre maximus - pretty much every single day.

Sundial
October 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Ketylo FTW! <3

lunalovegood
October 5th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Goody Spin Pins

pepperminttea
October 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Discounting the ouchless elastic for my braids, probably my four-prong lilliputian grahtoestudio fork.

Ravenne
October 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
My self-made wooden hair stick. Holds like a rock and can be dressed up or down and goes with everything in my closet because it's just wood and no beads. :D

Jadewtch
October 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
A plain old scrunchie. Boring but good.

Dvips
October 5th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hands down, Ficcare Maximas!!!

mwedzi
October 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
A ficcare maximas.

Ditto. I wish we had the "thanks" system or the "like" system on some other websites. Then we could see the relative popularity of different answers.

I have 1 large Ficcare Maxiams, and I love it. I want another, but student loan repayments are tough.

CrisDee
October 6th, 2010, 04:30 AM
With my hair still so short, I guess my current favorite accessory would be the small black clip I have with a tiny rhinestone on it - my hair grows straight forward and into my face, and this little guy keeps it out of my face. When my hair was long, I have a 4" Amish pin that I used nearly every day in updos - but that was before I discovered hair forks :D

alwayssmiling
October 6th, 2010, 06:24 AM
My favourite hair accessory which has got me through some bad hair days is a black alice band with a little black bow on the side. It has been great for pinning those layers back whilst it was growing out. Its rather pretty and small enough to be worn with anything.

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/alice-bands/simple-bow-alice-band/invt/78638603/

Sanyia
October 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Right now, the African butterfly comb, I wear every day at work.

picklepie
October 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Headbands and headwraps made by cutting the sleeves or bottom of old t-shirts off (minus the actual hem, which doesn't stretch well) and wrapping around my head! Soft, not tight, no breakage even though I wear them EVERY DAY. A generous selection of colors is available at my local Goodwill thrift store, and I haven't gotten sick of them yet, despite using them as my all-purpose palliative for growing-out hair....

BunnyBee
October 8th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Silk scrunchies.. every night. For 'proper' hair toys, probably ketylos, closely followed by my quattro 2 prong.. I def need another of those ;)

alwayssmiling
October 8th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Headbands and headwraps made by cutting the sleeves or bottom of old t-shirts off (minus the actual hem, which doesn't stretch well) and wrapping around my head! Soft, not tight, no breakage even though I wear them EVERY DAY. A generous selection of colors is available at my local Goodwill thrift store, and I haven't gotten sick of them yet, despite using them as my all-purpose palliative for growing-out hair....

Love this idea :). I also use tights to make headbands and ties with no damage. I can get loads out of one pair of tights so I'm never hunting round for them.

Fiferstone
October 8th, 2010, 09:25 PM
It's this bone hairstick at the moment:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww146/Fiferstone/Hair&#37;20Stuff/SSPX0036.jpg

Kristin
October 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I love all my toys, but right now I often grab a pair of Ketylos in the morning.

Kaijah
October 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Most often I use a single Ketylo (in a variety of colors to match whatever I'm wearing that day).

LilYaYa56
October 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM
My favorite hair accessory is a black headband that I got from J Crew. I love it because it is really pretty and comfortable.