PDA

View Full Version : A little assistance with WO?

Blue Milk
August 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hey everyone, I am currently almost 4 weeks through my attempt to see if WO is right for me, and I've noticed that my hair's falling out at a really rapid rate, about as fast as it used to before I used Head n Shoulders shampoo. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas and suggestions about this. Thanks!

Annalouise
August 21st, 2010, 04:55 PM
I have a suggestion, stop doing WO.:)

I did WO for two months and I lost sooo much hair. I really lost a lot of hair. :confused:Sad me. Then I almost cut my hair off because it was so thin and I became self conscious after a stylist made some remarks to me.

If your hair is falling out in globs STOP doing what your doing! Its not working.

:)Anna

christine1989
August 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Thats very odd indeed. If anything I would think that it would reduce shedding. Perhaps it is due to a lack of moisture that conditioner would normally provide. You could try slowly taipering off of conditioner instead of stopping cold turkey or you could add a little oil before you wash your hair.

Blue Milk
August 22nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
@Anna: ok, thanks for the suggestion. My hair isn't falling out in clumps, but it definitely is shedding a lot.
@Christine: that could be it, but it seems to be shedding as much as it used to when I was using Pantene ProV shampoo and conditioner. Not the best products to use, but I was pretty oblivious back then. :)

spidermom
August 22nd, 2010, 12:13 PM
It sounds like WO is not for you. Maybe your scalp is getting smothered by the sebum and that is causing the shedding. You could try more scalp massage, combing, brushing, and preening to move the sebum down the hairs.

Or try a different method. CWC with diluted shampoo works best for me. Clean happy scalp, moisturized length.