PDA

View Full Version : fun article: Is Your Hair Aging You

dropinthebucket
August 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
a fun article: Is Your Hair Aging You? - actually suggests that we be kind to our hair, and avoid chemicals, heat, and trendy cuts - wow, what a concept! :) - nice to see fashion magazines getting on board.

http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/articles/hair-aging

mariika
August 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
great article, thanks!

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/3c/mcx-master-class-ponytail-de.jpg

e.Kat
August 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM
You mean that I don't have to get the {insert trendy hair cut here} to look 10 years younger?!?! LOL!

on a more serious note...Thanks for the article! Like you said - Nice to see the fashion magazines promoting actual hair HEALTH, as opposed to "style" regardless of the cost.

Lamb
August 21st, 2010, 11:49 AM
"If you want to keep your hair, control your weight by exercising, not dieting," says Dr. Reed. He recommends consuming high-protein, low-fat, low-carb foods (think South Beach diet) for hair health, as well as popping 5,000 micrograms of biotin (a B vitamin) daily. Last, use protein-laced styling products.
I get exercising and eating plenty of protein, but 5,000 mcg biotin per day sounds like way too much for me.
And we know how drying protein-laced styling products can be, unless hair is moisturized generously, and often.

Fun article, and quite a change from the usual stuff, but needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. :hmm:

Coffeebug
August 21st, 2010, 12:05 PM
It is a bit of an advert for Pantene though isn't it, when you read through...

LittleOrca
August 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM
I think the only thing aging any of us is time. :)

JenniferNoel
August 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM
I think the only thing aging any of us is time. :)

Amen.
Everything else is just a series of personal choices.

smileycat
August 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
A couple of weeks ago my SO told me my hair looks like that of a fifteen-year-old since I quit coloring Spring 2009 and quit heat a couple of months ago. I am more than two decades older than that! He also called my hair "the bomb" (really) since I started following LHC a month ago. It is nice to see a trendsetting magazine promote embracing one's natural hair.

*Aoife*
August 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM
You can take off about two years' worth of damage in a month

Sure.... Because damage can be repaired. :rolleyes:

luxepiggy
August 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Amen.
Everything else is just a series of personal choices.

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

:D