PDA

View Full Version : Hair picture

Back_To_Basics
August 21st, 2010, 08:25 AM
Hello,
I tried to take a picture of my hair for the first time today,
and it is a very complicated thing to try to do by yourself.
My arms are about to fall off..but practice makes perfect.
I know my hair needs some TLC any suggestions would be
appreciated. In my first post I said I was tailbone but from reading I think I was wrong. I think I would be below waist
line?? Sorry the picture is not that good but I'm new at taking
pictures of myself in the mirror :o.
I get a trim every 6 weeks maybe that is not good, again
I'm open for suggestions. Thanks.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad132/Back_To_Basics/Image1.jpg

Olde Soul
August 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Gorgeous length! As far as TLC goes, you just have to figure out what your hair likes with a lot of trial and error. Good luck!

Back_To_Basics
August 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks.
I started the CO 7/29 and allowing my hair to go through the change.
In between I watered only, and waited 9 days 8/7 to
repeat the CO then went 13 days until 8/20 (water only in between CO method)
I needed to clarify by then because my hair was dull and dry.
This morning it seems to be much better.
I also purchased a wooding comb. I still need to get bone comb, Mason Pearson BB & wide tooth.
I'm keeping a journal of everything that really does help.

ETA:

Back in the 1986 I use to get perms I know not good at all for hair :). Every 14 months I'd go and have one put in.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad132/Back_To_Basics/Image2.jpg
my hair stylist was the best..and still is. NO MORE spiral perms anymore I stopped getting them around 1996. He is very understanding about trims he only takes off a little...even back in those days he only took off not even a 1/2 inch I'd say a dusting.
For the longest time I just put my hair up..and went without trims too.
Although now in 2010 I started to go back, and keep up with trims. At the beginning of summer I had very bad dead ends..he cut off about 3 inch maybe a little more.

smileycat
August 21st, 2010, 10:17 AM
My hair really likes a daily CO with an ACV rince after. Olde Soul is right, however, in finding what your hair likes. I do like to shampoo once a week, too. I started at the articles section for ideas.

Your hair really is a beautiful lenght, and I like your color!

Back_To_Basics
August 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM
My stylist tells me I need to take better care of my hair.
I'm starting to do that. I never took it for granted..but
I could have giving it more TLC. After my spiral days
I should have kept up with trims...but I left it go the ends
where horrible.

dropinthebucket
August 21st, 2010, 12:01 PM
I have dry ends, too, from chemical colour. They need lots of oil. Kind of a pain, because what they like is not what the healthy hair growing in likes. At least, oil is easy to control where it goes on! Good luck - your length is really beautiful.

Alvrodul
August 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM
I don't do daily shampooing, and I have definitely cut back on shampooing, but my hair won't completely let me quit shampooing, so I do CO most of the time, and CWC about once a week.
Also, I would strongly recommend oiling your hair. My hair certainly loves it, though I am still trying out what works and doesn't work on my hair. So fair, I have determined that my hair loves Jojoba and coconut oil, but not almond. I also thinks my hair does well with argan oil, but I think I should test that a bit more - I only got it this week. :)

Back_To_Basics
August 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks.
I also get highlights once a year..I know not good.
I do have Jojoba and my hair does like that also,
olive oil.

I take notice after I comb my hair it puffs..and loses
that bounce that ya have after taking down a bun..etc.

GlennaGirl
August 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Jumpin' jimminey. All I see is gorgeous hair. Am I missing something??? It looks so Renaissance and fairy-tale-ish to me. But I can understand about dry ends...or just sometimes not liking the general "feel" of one's hair...so I'll leave it to the experts here to answer. But...wanted to say: your hair is gorgeous!!! Seriously. We are our own worst critics.

Back_To_Basics
August 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks GlennaGirl.
I'm my own enemy...but I'm working on it.