PDA

View Full Version : what does your hair look like when you scrunch it?

TealDolphin
August 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
My hair looks like my avatar pic, depending how much I scrunch it, haha.

Charlotte:)
August 20th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Haha, when I scrunch my hair it looks...straight!

McFearless
August 20th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Yours looks good! Mine looks crispy and thin...blergh

Juneii
August 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Haha, when I scrunch my hair it looks...straight!

same :(

TealDolphin your curls look great!

TealDolphin
August 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Haha thanks. But the flash kind of hides some of the frizziness. So it's not totally perfect :P

virgo75
August 21st, 2010, 11:59 AM
My hair is naturally quite curly and very fine.
Any attempt to further define my curls by scrunching makes them fall apart and frizz. :shake:

Chanteuse87
August 21st, 2010, 12:05 PM
I have a ton of corkscrew frizz and some natural wave, so i assumed that scrunching/plopping/loading with conditioner etc would make my hair look great.... and BOY was I wrong! My hair looks marginally wavier scrunched, but the frizz is even worse :( It's not enough of a payoff to keep up with it, so I just throw it up into a damp bun and go!

triumphator!
August 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM
My hair looks sad and wonky. It literally looks up at me with a sad face after I scrunch it.

JenniferNoel
August 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
Kinda like the OP's avatar actually. Just a little curlier even. My hair is very sensitive to scrunching.

mintyhot
August 21st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Straight with a very slight wave, depending on how much i put in my hair can look sticky and crunchy. It's horrible!!

*Aoife*
August 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Limp and sad wave. Completley removes my natural whuriness (is that even a word?) and leaves me with awful looking hair. My hair is sensitive to everything though. If I so much as look at it funnily, it dries weirdly

TealDolphin
September 3rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
bump bump bump

blueue
September 3rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
Mine looks mostly confused :rolleyes: It twirls in zig zag patterns all over..

julliams
September 3rd, 2010, 11:45 PM
Like my siggy

xoxophelia
September 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Limp and sad wave. Completley removes my natural whuriness (is that even a word?) and leaves me with awful looking hair. My hair is sensitive to everything though. If I so much as look at it funnily, it dries weirdly

Haha! My hair is the same way..

If I scrunch my hair it really just looks like a horrible mess the last time I tried. Kinda wavy in a weird.. your hair looks like total crap.. kind of way (zero order and like a bird nest).

Debra83
September 4th, 2010, 12:43 AM
After a month and a half of joining the site, back in October 2008, I did this:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2126&pictureid=26715

alwayssmiling
September 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Not as nice as OPs but my avitar is scrunched dried. Thats as good as its gets, sometimes i have to just tie it back becasue it looks terribly frizzy!

torrilin
September 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Limp and tangled.

slythwolf
September 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
If I scrunch my hair when it's wet, and then somehow manage to leave it totally alone to dry, it just looks like I slept on it funny.

DAK-S81
September 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm a 3A with a bit of 3B mixed in, so when I scrunch (with flax seed gel and an something with a little hold) I get megacurls!

Debra83
July 27th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I scrunched yesterday, then slept with a high ponytail, and let it down when I woke up and put a comb on each side to hold it......meh. Not sure if I like it like that or not.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6238&pictureid=108858

battles
July 27th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Can someone explain scrunching and plopping? I've been here months and still haven't figured those out. :scared:

Dragon Faery
July 27th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Sometimes scrunching makes it marginally curlier. Sometimes it just makes it frizzier.

Lollipop
July 27th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Like my avatar.

Rebecca.1905
July 27th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Scrunching definitely increases my waves and curls. It works better (less frizz) if I use some sort of product before scrunching, but I'm not much for product, so I don't scrunch very often.

dulce
July 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
1 used to scrunch my curly layers from shoulder to APl,it worked great.Now it is too long and unless 1 use gel[which 1 hate]it doesn't scrunch as well now, so 1 no longer do that, but do bun curls instead.

AuburnAlight
July 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Because my hair is so fine and because I am so neurotic about not damaging my hair even the thought about scrunching it feels repulsive. I feel like it might go all frizzy, tangly and angry at me for scrunching. :patrol:

Lollipop
August 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I only scrunch to distibute my KCCC or fsg. Otherwise, it is probably getting put up :shrug:.

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 09:30 AM
If I scrunch my hair when it's wet, and then somehow manage to leave it totally alone to dry, it just looks like I slept on it funny.

That's me too! It just looks ..... crumpled :shrug:

QueenJoey
August 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
If it's 90% dry with nothing in it, it develops a tiny little body wave. If I apply mousse, it gets these curls, mostly at the ends. I wish it curled higher though.

Chetanlaiho
August 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
The ends develope into spirals with a very little nudge, but I've never truly crunched, just a teensy bit.

bluequeequeg
August 4th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmm, I always thought I was scrunching my hair wrong, as it winds up giving me an uneven, lopsided look where some hair goes into even wavier waves, and some goes straighter. Maybe I wasn't doing it wrong, and my hair just doesn't like it.

racrane
August 4th, 2011, 11:31 PM
My hair either looks amazing or terrible. I don't know why. I've experimented endlessly on this and my hair just does what it wants.

1hunky5monkeys
August 4th, 2011, 11:33 PM
If I use gel or mousse, it scrunches tighter than it is in my siggy.

dRummie
August 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I've started scrunching with a t-shirt to dry (instead of rubbing insanely with a towel, haha), and it's made the curls stand out more. Haven't tried it with gel or anything yet. I get really nice wurls immediately after scrunching, but they straighten out a lot, so I imagine doing it with gel will just make them hold better.

Springlets
August 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I was hoping this would be the straight hair version of the Curlies Brush Your Hair thread. I wanna see pictures. :p

misspriss
August 5th, 2011, 12:22 AM
It looks pretty curly, but loose curls. Depends on the product though, and how wet it is. If I towel dry, it isn't very curly. I can scrunch gently with a tshirt though, that is about it. If I use the wrong product, it is not very curly at all. It just depends, which for me is the nature of being a wavy...:-)

lizdini
August 5th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Crunchy and kinda zig zaggy. Does that make sense? Like sharp turns instead of curls. Not at all a good look.:pinktongue:

Avital88
August 5th, 2011, 03:33 AM
i will look like a frizz poodle then. haha, curlsss wil come out of nowhere, because i always brush them down, my hair is really flexible