PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying question

Back_To_Basics
August 20th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hello I was wondering for clarifying shampoo are these ingredients good or bad for that?

"Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract "

Thanks for any help.

tigr
August 23rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
I have no idea. But I'm going to bump this thread. It seems to have gotten lost.

HintOfMint
August 23rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Everything seems to be just fine for a clarifying shampoo.

There is only one thing I see that could potentially be a problem and that is the protein. Some hair is protein sensitive and is prone to having protein buildup. I had such a buildup and I had to clarify to get it out. I imagine that clarifying shampoo with protein in it may not get rid of protein buildup.

But that's the only potential issue. If your hair is fine with proteins, then go for it.

triumphator!
August 23rd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Some claim that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a very drying agent on the hair. For me, it changes my hair texture from barely wavy to between-wavy-and-straight, possibly because of its drying properties.

Kathie
August 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
I look for anything that has the various types of SLS's in it.

(I just clarified last night to get the coney conditioner and leave in that the hairdresser put in my hair... ah, back to normal)

Back_To_Basics
August 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your help.

Ravenwaves 88
August 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
I really want to clarify but I'm not really understanding the process. I have aple cider vinegar I want to use because I keep seeing that listed as a clarifyer. Do you shampoo first then rinse with vinegar?

Please advise! :confused: