PDA

View Full Version : Yowza.

misspriss
August 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM
***See picture three posts down!!!***

Well I tried some 'cone products for a while and my hair LOVED them for the first three or four weeks, but I guess they built up because it all of a sudden went back to hating cones.

So I decided to clarify. I used Tressemme "low" sulfate shampoo, and since I was already using baking soda on my face (for acne) I thought "hey, people add this to their 'poo to clarify" so I threw some in. It was weird and it made my hair all matty when I rinsed it out, but as soon as I slathered on my cone-free conditioner it un-matted, so not a big deal. I slathered with Tressemme cone-free condish and left it on for the whole shower. I rinsed it out and noticed a big difference in how much it was waving/curling while dripping wet. I then did an ACV rinse, dipping my length in the pitcher of dilluted ACV before pouring it over my head, to make sure it got good and rinsed. It was also nice and clumped together, like I like it. I mixed half and half with my usual gel and suave naturals conditioner, and used it like I would normally use gel (first time I did this too). I then did my modified plop, and used a spaghetti strap tank top instead of a tshirt or long sleeve tshirt. It worked great (the spaghetti strap shirt). I could sleep in this comfortably if I wanted to (not in usual plop). I wore it until I went to bed and then debated about sleeping in it or letting it down. I let it down.

I got up the next morning and DANG I had curls. Unfortunately, because I left my hair down at night, I had curls on top/in the front, and frizzy waves on the bottom/underneath (I toss and turn a LOT) so I had to put it up. I tried to take a picture with my phone but I was in a huge hurry and it wasn't a very good one.

I'm going to have to stick to no 'cones and do me some ACV rinses. Also, I think my hair really dug the suave/gel combo. If I had slept in the plop, it would have been stunning. This either means I have to sleep in my hair plopped, or get up early and wash it if I want to wear it curly.

***See picture three posts down!!!***

irishlady
August 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Wow great results from what you say!

I am currently using Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner, but my hair is just going straight rather than it's usual wave, which I miss.

I think I'll alternate between cone and cone free, then once the M n N is finished just stick to cone free :) (don't like wasting anything)

triumphator!
August 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Wow, sounds like you found a good routine! We want picturessss

misspriss
August 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I had to upload it from my phone:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CxqomNQmuYE/TG6wyParMAI/AAAAAAAAAA8/g6Tp-9EYd5w/s800/IMAG0112.jpg

:D

Sorry it isn't the greatest, I am NOT a morning person and I was running late as it was, but I couldn't miss taking at least a quick picture.

Carolyn
August 20th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Cones can be awesome :) If you are a cone user you have to realize they may build up and you will have to clarify them off your hair. It's just part of the deal of using cones. As long as you put the moisture back in to your hair you should be fine. When I'm in a cone using phase, I'll clarify when I see some build up using a commercial clarifying shampoo, put the moisture back in with a nice rich SMT treatment and then go back to using cones. Or I might stop using cones for a while. I have more fun with my hair when I switch things around.

Jenn of Pence
August 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I like using cones on my hair, maybe once every two weeks or so. That's all I really need. It gives my hair a little weight which keeps it very sleek and straight, which is my preference. If I clarify and use cone-free stuff (I actually use the Tresemme Naturals, too :)) my natural wave comes out. Unfortunately, it's not a real uniform wave, and it looks kind of funky and fluffy if I don't do anything to it. I think that if I went totally cone-free and learned to scrunch or plop or whatever, I might have nice waves, but I'm not quite ready to expand my hair skill set just yet! One day...

Anyways, your results look great!