PDA

View Full Version : Found A New Hair Role Model! Inspiration To Keep Growing

Aerith
August 20th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I was looking up knee length hair pictures on Google Images for inspiration since I've been getting urges to cut my hair lately, and came across pictures of the beautiful Aleksandra Ivanovskaya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_Ivanovskaya). She won first place in a beauty pageant in Russia in 2005.
:thud:

http://aleksandraivanovskaya.fansiter.com/pictures/hair-past-butt-tight.jpg - So straight, silky and LONG!

http://aleksandraivanovskaya.fansiter.com/pictures/single-braid-of-long-hair.jpg - Just look at how THICK the braid is! I'm so envious, but inspired. :)

http://aleksandraivanovskaya.fansiter.com/pictures/crowned1.jpg - Another Amazing Braid Picture.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CvXEhdXFheY/SJ3TbeuSXEI/AAAAAAAACeA/zaBqajv1dRE/s400/Aleksandra+Ivanovskaya+Miss+Russia+2006.jpg - Length Shot, too bad we can't see the full ponytail though.

I find this particularly inspiring because her hair was that length (and maybe is still this length or longer) and a lot of people I know consider my hair, which is brushing classic length again as "freakishly long" (I got a trim a month ago and it's almost back to Classic again). I was pretty down about my length but, seeing her win despite having hair this long among 49 others with "normal lengths" makes me proud to be a long haired girl again.

Thank you, Aleksandra! I hope some people found her hair and triumph as inspiring as I do. :)

Note: I looked on the forums for rules about linking pictures from other websites and I couldn't find anything against posting links, even though I know hotlinking is bad, so if this is against the rules in anyway, someone please let me know and I'll replace the links when I upload them to Photobucket or another hosting site. Thanks. ^_^

spidermom
August 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
She has great-looking hair!

Fairlight63
August 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM
WOW! Her braid is so pretty!

I get so depressed with my braid, it is so thin. My braid is about 1/3rd. of hers!

LoversLullaby
August 20th, 2010, 10:34 AM
:thudpile: I wish I had that thick of hair!

lapushka
August 20th, 2010, 10:43 AM
OMG that's amazing! Beautiful hair.

mellie
August 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow!!!!! :thudpile:

Incredible thickness on that braid...and so healthy at such a wonderfully long length!! Just stunning. She is really beautiful too, in a very pretty, natural way!!

klcqtee
August 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM

I get so depressed with my braid, it is so thin. My braid is about 1/3rd. of hers!

I'd love to have a thinner braid! Mine is about as thick as hers. I couldn't do a single braid until past APL, because otherwise it was almost as wide as it was long.

On a more related note, my goodness, she is gorgeous.

tanya222
August 20th, 2010, 11:27 AM
She really is beautiful, and her hair is just... just... :thudpile:

Raponsje
August 20th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Very worthy of being a roll model. She and her hair are both beautiful. I am verymuch trying not to compare my hair to hers.

Joliebaby
August 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM
That is some very very pretty hair!!! I love that it looks like it's completely natural color too!!!

mariika
August 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM
wow, I wish I could find such a role model for myself! her hair is freakin STUNNING!! too bad my hair isn't brown, is too curly, too thin, and it will never be this long. I need a different role model, that's for sure

JenniferNoel
August 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
She is so amazingly gorgeous and that hair is simply stunning! Thanks so much for sharing these photos with us. I too, have a new hair role model.

MissManda
August 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM
She is one of my hair idols, too. :D Her gorgeous braid took my breath away when I first saw a picture of her. I like how her hair doesn't look overly-styled and natural, too.

She's definitely worthy of a :thudpile:

Maelyssa
August 20th, 2010, 01:07 PM
She is most DEFINITELY one of my new long hair role models! Thanks for sharing. :D

Aerith
August 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM
You're welcome! :)

Yozhik
August 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Her hair is just amazing! I wonder if in Russia there are a lot more longhairs than in other places . . . :hmm:

CurlAhead
August 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
All I can say is just..:thudpile:

MissCoco
August 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I love how long hair is (or at least seems to be) appreciated in Russia. What a beautiful girl and hair, so inspiring! :)

jera
August 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Oh, she's beautiful and her hair is just awesome. So thick ! I'm envious. :p

Juneii
August 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM
:thud: oh my! Her hair looks AMAZING. and such a pretty face to go with the beautiful hair :)

Katurday
August 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
She's cute! I like how her hair is effortless looking, not the glossed down "forced" look many other long haired beauties have.

chopandchange
August 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Oh wow, she looks like a real-life Disney princess!

I hope my braid will look that amazing if I ever grow my hair down to my knees!

Does she still have long hair?

Off to google her now...

Back_To_Basics
August 20th, 2010, 04:54 PM
WOW!! very nice. Maybe she is a member here :)??
I see lots of members hair here whos hair is also WOW.
She does have a lovely hair. I never heard of her before..
but I'll never forget her now.
Thanks for sharing.

CurlAhead
August 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I don't think I will ever be able to accept my own hair after this, sooo jealous!

Cheeks1206
August 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think I will ever be able to accept my own hair after this, sooo jealous!

Haha! I know what you mean! Her hair is gorgeous!

sarahbrownie
August 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Somehow I'm not surprised the Russian contestant has long hair. I use to go on vacation a lot in Russia and visit my father's friends, remote areas like Siberia, and actually there were a quite a few women I saw with hip length or longer hair. It is quite normal! Not to say I didn't see the extreme opposite, I also knew a lot of women that had short pixies (slavic bone structure is great for short hair I have to say!).

Ivy~Rose
August 20th, 2010, 08:57 PM
She's cute! I like how her hair is effortless looking, not the glossed down "forced" look many other long haired beauties have.

So true!!

I love the first shot, where you just go "oh, that's nice, her hair is past her shoulders. What a nice red sui--whaaaa that's her hair poking out behind her thigh??"

Yay I had no hair inspiration, she is my new inspiration :crush:
:bounce::bounce:

christine1989
August 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
She is so pretty! Its so interesting how other countries value long hair yet in the US super long hair is often thought of as "weird" or "eccentric". Russia has the right idea- her hair is fantastic!

Loreley
August 21st, 2010, 01:10 AM
Her hair is so gorgeous! :thudpile:

BlackfootHair
August 21st, 2010, 01:52 AM
She definitely has gorgeous hair! As far as the braid thickness, it appears to be loosely braided, not tight, so I'm sure this can make it look super thick. Not that she doesn't have thick hair.

Also notice how she and the other contestants in the background look like a natural shade of skin tone. Not orange. Not all tanorexics! :D I also think this is admirable. Skin looks best when it's healthy! :)

Igraine
August 21st, 2010, 02:48 AM
She does have gorgeous hair, no question, but for those who feel intimidated by the thickness this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30yv403rvg) shows it's not quite out of this world ;) It's realistic to imagine the hair has been volumized a bit for the pageant...

WyrdWay
August 21st, 2010, 03:38 AM
OMG that braid is nuts! That is the length of hair that I dream of having!

cindy58
August 21st, 2010, 05:06 AM
She does have gorgeous hair, no question, but for those who feel intimidated by the thickness this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30yv403rvg) shows it's not quite out of this world ;) It's realistic to imagine the hair has been volumized a bit for the pageant...

Interesting to see the video after the pics! She is a gorgeous girl. That's quite a difference in braid appearance. I like how in the video her braid looks a little fuzzy like they do in real life too.

EtherealOde
August 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
Oh gosh, there just aren't words for that. *envy envy envy*

MissManda
August 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM

This video makes me want to grow my hair to knee length instead of classic! I also like how her braid isn't perfectly smooth and that makes me feel better about my layers sticking out of my braids as well as the way they taper.

I love the banded ponytail in the vid, too! :crush:

growing2shine
August 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Her hair is really beautiful. But another very beautiful russian girl is the model known as the russian rapunzel, Ruslana Korshunova. She is even more beautiful I think. And her hair was at same length for a while. Just try to google her. But she died as 20 years old. May she rest in peace...

GlennaGirl
August 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM

Oh my! She is beautiful. She is just like a doll!

Darkhorse1
August 21st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Ruslana Korshunova was such a lovely girl and nothing was ever done about her death. :(
This girl is lovely, but she obviously had hair extensions to make her hair look more even in thickness. I love the video of her--shows us all she's a real person. And a lovely young lady. I hope she enjoys her new title and doesn't feel presured to be someone she isn't.

Capybara
August 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
That is some gorgeous hair!

I love how the braid looks formal, without being an up-do. :)

Aerith
August 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM

Thanks a lot for the link. :)

jlw9222
August 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Wow! Beautiful hair...thanks for sharing those pictures. They are inspiring. :) My hair is no where near that thick, so I will have to hate her a little bit though. :)

PeonyGarden
August 23rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
She has gorgeous hair. And woah, cleavage :P. I'm all for hair inspirations - seeing another curly with super long hair was what made me decide to grow mine!

DuckyDot
August 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Oh My! That is some of the most beautiful hair that I have ever seen! Just..Wow!

:thudpile:

princessp
August 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM

I know I feel the same way. My hair is pretty thick too but wow is her hair thick and gorgeous!

PiroskaCicu
August 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Wow ! She's my new role model for hair too. Beautiful hair!

jackiesjottings
August 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Wow, it is so thick! *gets thickness envy*

curlymarcia
August 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
WOW, what a beautiful hair and beautiful lady. Her long and healthy hair totally inspired me.

DuckyDot
August 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
My Braids Used to be about 1/2 of that...Before I chopped all of my hair off :(

She's gonna keep me growing my hair :)

cocolady
August 26th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Wow... not only is her hair perfect, everything else about her is beautiful aswell.. Some people just have it all :( lol

Morgaine
August 26th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Wow! What a lucky girl!
Though, as Igraine said, it seems the hair has been volumized a bit. It isn't as thick in the video as on the photos.

ghost
August 26th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I love her hair! It's so pretty, and I always like seeing other women with light brown hair who leave it that way...maybe it will keep me from dyeing mine again :D

freckles
August 26th, 2010, 07:18 AM
gorgeous woman with gorgeous hair :) I hope my hair can look half as good as that when it is long! :D

Phexlyn
August 26th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Oh wow, she looks like a real-life Disney princess!

She does :)

Thank you for posting this! I actually like her even better with her natural braid than with the volumized one! Just beautiful! :)

On a side note, I don't like what that black dress does to her cleavage, it looks so "pressed", but I'm not sure how much choice she had on that :o