PDA

View Full Version : A pleasant hairdresser experience!

swanns
August 20th, 2010, 03:54 AM
So, I visited a salon for the first time in about three years. I used to have one of my friends trim my ends for me but as I moved 600km south two years ago it got quite tricky and the previous time I had my hair trimmed was in last October - not good as my ends started to look really worn out and even turned into a lighter shade than the rest of my hair.

So I booked an appointment at a salon at my street and got it for the next day, and what a nice experience it was! Granted, they were really ogling at my hair at first and showing it off to other customers which made me feel a bit uncomfortable but also a little bit proud of what I'd achieved length-wise.

So, I told the hairdresser to cut 2cm, to which she replied by actually showing me how much that would be and she even said a "hairdresser's 2cm" is usually a lot more than just 2. I actually gave her permission to cut one more cm after she showed me how little the 2cm would actually be. Oh and she let me sit the whole time! The last time I visited a salon they made me stand up which wasn't too bad, but being able to sit the whole time really made it even more pleasant for me, even if her actually kneeling on the floor next to me made me feel a tad uncomfortable but she kept saying it was alright.

And now my ends look so nice! I never really got the hype of freshly trimmed, nice ends as all I could think of was "but your hair just got shorter!" But now I'm just amazed at how big a difference an inch or so can make and feel really good about my hair :cheese:

Tangerine
August 20th, 2010, 04:02 AM
That is great, swanns! Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

KarpatiiSiv
August 20th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Great to hear you had a good hairdresser experience and that you are so happy with the result.:D

triumphator!
August 20th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yay! There aren't enough of these stories on these boards. Gives us hope :)

Jenn of Pence
August 20th, 2010, 11:39 AM
That is a great experience! And I can hardly believe she knelt down to cut it. I figured if my hair got that long I'd have to bring a box to stand on while they cut. ;) I think you'll definitely be happy with fresh new ends, and 2-3 cm will grow back before you realize it!

RadiantNeedle
August 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
When I had tailbone length hair, my hairdresser let me sit and she boosted the chair WAY up like she would for cutting a child's hair. xD

katha
August 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Nice to read something good about hairdressers once in a while. You should get that hairdressers number and save it in your contacts so you don't lose it or forget. :D

klcqtee
August 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yay! :cheer:

Viechen
August 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Thats really nice that you found a hair stylist that was so nice! I wish there were some around here because my hair is starting to look a little neglected :P I keep hearing nice things about certain people but when I go there the experience ends up horrible...

Yozhik
August 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Yay! What a great story :)

I think it's awesome that your hair is so long that she had to kneel on the floor. Enjoy your freshly cut ends.

Aquamarine
August 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Yay! :cheese: That's great!:D

chopandchange
August 20th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Tell them they need to emigrate and come and live next door to me so they can cut my hair as well! :cheese:

little_acorn
August 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Yah :D - sounds just like my hairdressor :love:

swanns
August 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I'm happy the story made so many of you glad! :) To be honest, most of my experiences with hairdressers have been pleasant ones, no one ever trimmed more than they had the permission to.

BrightEyes
August 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
It's so great when you can find such a good hairdresser. I love mine. She is a very good friend and always does exactly what I want. When I am tempted to chop, she encourages me to keep growing. She's a treasure.

Solange
August 22nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, we need to hear more "good hairdresser" stories to make them less scary. Not that we shouldn't be cautious and walk out if there are alarm bells going off. My mother is still my one and only trimmer. :O)

spidermom
August 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience. I usually do also.

ericthegreat
August 22nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
We need more GOOD hairstylist experiences like yours swann on this board! I too have had only wonderful experiences at the salon I go to, so I do get a bit saddened when I hear that many people here have had unpleasant experiences when they went to a salon. I really think its both a combination of finding a caring stylist that will actually listen to you and actually aim to give you what you want, and also you yourself speaking up clearly and communicating with the stylist that you intend on keeping your hair long and only want a a tiny amount trimmed off. I am so glad that you found a great place to go to whenever you do need your hair trimmed.