PDA

View Full Version : PurpleBubba's Inspirational Thoughts - Terminal Length

purplebubba
March 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
PurpleBubba's Inspirational Thoughts

Terminal Length - to many this means the length at which hair will not get any longer.

But what if you instead think of it as the other kind of terminal such as an airport terminal? This would be a place where you would continue your journey from rather than end it. And some things may change but you would still be on your way somewhere. Plus you might just meet up with someone along the way to come with you. Or get to go to new places and try new things.

And sometimes even after years you start moving again and travel some more.

florenonite
March 11th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I like that thought. I don't think I'll reach terminal any time soon, as I'm only at 'can I call this BSL' atm (although I may have a short terminal length considering the fact that my hair didn't appear to grow from the fall to spring of grade 6. Hopefully this was just a stall, breakage, or I grew much taller), but when (if) I do, I don't want to think of it as an ending if I had hoped to grow longer.

Xandergrammy
March 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I love that idea, purplebubba. I know that when my hair reaches terminal, I'll still have quite a journey because I'm growing out my natural colors and not trimming off the old color. It's a lovely way to think of things. :flower:

Cichelle
March 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
That's a wonderful thought! I'm not there yet, but when I get there one day, I'm going to remember this.

birthmarkie
March 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I like it!

addikted
March 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Lovely, nice positive spin on terminal there, which so often comes with negative conotations

SchnauzerMom
March 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Good thoughts, encouraging thoughts.

wintersun99
March 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Raederle
March 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Another encouraging post from one of the most positive members here.

CurlyNinja
March 12th, 2008, 12:18 AM
What a lovely way to look at things. It's a nice thought for other journeys that have to end for an indefinite amount of time too.

purplebubba
March 12th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

I don't remember for sure what inspired it but I think I was watching Sliding Doors and it had a subway station.

I was also thinking about George Carlin's take on the words they use for things such as a near miss and how they call it a terminal. So I put a spin on it.

gthlvrmx
March 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Nice thought i like it! :D thank you for that.

GlennaGirl
March 20th, 2012, 11:31 AM
What an awesome, creative way to think of it!

SchnauzerMom
March 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Great idea, a nice positive way of looking at things.

QueenMadge
March 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thank you purplebubba for this perspective. I always enjoy your posts. :flower:

Sillage
March 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
WEHT to PurpleBubba. Seems like it's been a long time since I've seen him post.

purplebubba
March 21st, 2012, 06:32 PM
I am still around but I'm mostly on FB when I'm not working.

Springgrl
March 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM
That is a nice way of looking at things. I have gotten to what I thought was terminal length (classic) but I was surprised that it was not in fact terminal, but my hair just grew slower. I agree with the airport terminal!!

I am BRAND NEW so that is why you don't recognize me. I am so glad I found this site!

purplebubba
June 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Bumping this because It didn't hit terminal length ;)

Jenny31557
June 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm hoping my terminal length is at least classic, hopefully mid thigh.
Then I will probably gradually cut out pre lhc hair and see how that goes.