PDA

View Full Version : finally given up the blowdryer! major event for me!

templeofvenus
August 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I have done it! at last managed to get rid of daily blowdrying! It is now at a length that does not require styling I just air dry and put in a hairband or pony tail, I did not think I could manage to get to this stage! I may only indulge in the blow dryer if I am going out for an evening in town then it may need styling properly, but for now I think the air drying is helping the condition of my hair a lot, less frizz apparent after 2 weeks without the heat

Capybara
August 19th, 2010, 06:38 AM
This is awesome! Congratulations :D Hope you enjoy the results!

frost pattern
August 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Congrats! That's great :)! I couldn't imagine leaving my blow dryer alone as well. Due to lenght I could surprisingly one day about six months ago. I appreciate the time I don't spend on drying any longer along with the streched washing routine, and my hair is in much better condition. Do you think of learning updos?

templeofvenus
August 19th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Congrats! That's great :)! I couldn't imagine leaving my blow dryer alone as well. Due to lenght I could surprisingly one day about six months ago. I appreciate the time I don't spend on drying any longer along with the streched washing routine, and my hair is in much better condition. Do you think of learning updos?

yeah the extra time in the morning to sit and have a nice cup of tea and read for 15 minutes instead of blow drying is appreciated! :) as for updo's just now its only long enough for a ponytail a low one at that but soon as it is long enough I plan to french braid (think that is the name for plait at the back?) it I used to do that years back and liked the look of it. However I would love to learn some of the styles I see on people here they are lovely! need a few more inches growth yet though :)

frost pattern
August 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM
as it is long enough I plan to french braid (think that is the name for plait at the back?)
Think so, but I'm the wrong person to talk to about braiding. I didn't manage that yet, but I'm planning to. The first updo that worked for me at shoulder length was the French twist, and then a few months later the cinnamon. It's so much easier and faster than styling with a blowdryer! - I wonder if there's a braiding and updo beginners' thread here ... :).

Phexlyn
August 19th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Congrats! :)
A French braid should work soon for you, and yes it's the kind of braid that runs along the back of your head.

templeofvenus
August 19th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I tried a french braid last night actually itrs soooo close to beibg long enough just not quite :( bits stick out and bits are too short to go in at the nape of the neck area, but another few weeks and it should work, maybe I can half plait like a half updo, I will try that! and the peacock twist is about a months growth away now :) ponytail is the best for this stage if its low down all the hair goes in now

LILBERT
August 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! :happydance: :cheer: :cheer:

Enjoy the freedom!

Deborah
August 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Good for you! Excellent decision. :)

CrisDee
August 19th, 2010, 04:28 PM
:cheer: Yay, you! Congratulations! :cheer:

I've managed to do the same, even though my hair is still quite short! :) I discovered this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51781) thread, tried it once and haven't blown dry since! I can't believe how pretty my hair looks using the wrapping method they described - I actually like my hair! (What a concept!) Can't wait til I get to where you are, though - the thought of a ponytail seems like heaven :cloud9:

Drarra
August 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Congratulations! The extra time in the morning has been a time saver for me.

templeofvenus
August 20th, 2010, 12:56 AM
:cheer: Yay, you! Congratulations! :cheer:

I've managed to do the same, even though my hair is still quite short! :) I discovered this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51781) thread, tried it once and haven't blown dry since! I can't believe how pretty my hair looks using the wrapping method they described - I actually like my hair! (What a concept!) Can't wait til I get to where you are, though - the thought of a ponytail seems like heaven :cloud9:

well its still odd without the dryer cause I used to dry it straight then use hair straighteners :confused: not anymore however the new me hair is wavy touseld looking and its odd to see me like that in the mirror! but yeah a ponytail I have waited months for that its just a little one but its a srtart!:) hope you reach the ponytail stage soon

frost pattern
August 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
well its still odd without the dryer cause I used to dry it straight
Same here, it was odd to me as well. I appreciated the waves very much when my hair was long enough for buns. Straight hair in a bun made me look like a severe Victorian female teacher :rolleyes:. The wavier my hair is and the looser my buns are, the better I like them.

christine1989
August 20th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Great for you! You will definatly see amazing results. When I trashed my blowdryer my split ends soon dissappeared altogether and have not returned :).

templeofvenus
August 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I am hoping it will mean less breakage and I can grow the long hair that I want! I am a daily washer so I was blow drying daily, not good when growing the hair so I have switched to sulfate free shampoo and no dryer aagh my hair is looking crazy right now lol is this my hair???? its all poofy and wavy its funny to see it as it really is