PDA

View Full Version : 6 month LHC-versary!

may1em
May 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I've been hanging out here (well, registered) for roughly six months now, but I've been looking even longer and before that was over at the LJ community about a year ago. So, progress with pics!

I started growing my hair out from a chin-in-front/ear-in-back length wedge cut in April 2005. I didn't know it then, but that was the last trip to the salon in my college town I made before graduating. I'd pretty much kept it about that length or a little longer for years at that point. Well, being unemployed for a few months plus just not getting around to it led to it growing. I decided I liked it longer and got this cut in April 2006 (yup, a whole year of benign neglect!)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/may1em/hairvenicebeachmay2006.jpg

About eight months and more benign neglect later I found longhairs on the Internet who made me think I could do this for real. But I needed a trim, so I got a curly girl cut in April 2007 (annual trim time!):

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/may1em/afterapril2007trim.jpg

It's never been that curly since. I wish I could sit under a heatlamp like that all the time to dry.

Then last November I joined LHC and took this picture, which I was too shy to show off then:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/may1em/hair11307.jpg

This is my avatar, which I took in February:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/may1em/hair06feb08.jpg

And this is today! I washed it Saturday so it's lost quite a bit of waviness. But look how long it is! And, I've done both a self-trim and gotten a small trim at a salon since the February pic.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/may1em/hair19may08.jpg

My end goal is a soft U shape with the shorter bits at my elbows and the longest part at iliac. That's about a year away, judging by past growth patterns. :)

Thanks for putting up with the pictures. Hardly anybody in real life gets this excited over hair.

chelly
May 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
beautiful hair and lovely growth progress :] these kind of threads make me excited to see where i could be in 6 months!

jojo
May 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
what great growth you have had and your hair is very beautiful, i love your curls and colour

Shadow Walker
May 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Excellent progress, and congrats on the 6 month anniversary!

MoldyCake
May 19th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful! I can't wait until I have six months of growth in pictures.

DecafJane
May 19th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Wow, your hair just gets more lovely the longer it grows! Congratulations. :)

maskedrose
May 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Gorgeous pics! You've had so much growth in six little months - I'm jealous :) I love the last picture - it looks so healthy, long and the color is such a beautiful shade of caramel.

ailin
May 19th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Lovely hair! :blossom:

Lixie
May 20th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Happy six months, you've had some fantastic growth. Your hair looks absolutely stunning in the last picture! :bigeyes:

may1em
May 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks all so much! Having long hair is exciting. In real life, I only know two people with longer hair, a friend who has calf-length and a lady at church with classic. I can't believe I kept it short and abused it with a round brush and blowfryer for so long. This place really makes a difference - you can learn so much and everyone is so nice here!

Chelly and MoldyCake, looking forward to seeing your pics when you have six months. :)

Maskedrose, "caramel!" I've been trying to figure out what color my hair is for awhile. When I was little it was blonde, but it's gotten darker and in some lights looks more red. Caramel is a good word. :)

Jason
May 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Wow, your hair is stunningly beautiful! It looks great whether your waves are more or less pronounced. Congrats on achieving such tremendous progress.

morningstar
May 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Wow your hair is so beautiful. I love the big curls at the hem. It looks very thick and healthy. Great job!

Patrycja
May 20th, 2008, 09:57 AM
wow! :thud: :agape:

you have gorgeous hair!!!!! and the growth rate is fantastic!

Mary <><
May 20th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I can't believe how much growth you got in only 6 months! WOW! Great growing! :cheese:

Xandergrammy
May 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Alaskanheart
May 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I love your hair! Great progress too.I think the U shape starting at the elbows will look great on you.

Islandgrrl
May 20th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Congrats to you on your 6-month anniversary! And on your beautiful growth!

Elle
May 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Wow! Your hair has grown so long in the last 2 years! It's such a lovely color and very healthy. You're doing a wonderful job... :flowers:

Crysania
May 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM
you have very nice hair, good progress ! :)

birthmarkie
May 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
That is awesome progress! You have gorgeous locks. Congratulations :D

DavidN
May 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
First of all, May1em, congratulations on 6 months at the LHC! Your hair looks wonderful, and you are blessed with thick, shiny, and bouncy curls in excellent condition, with the most beautiful colour. Thank you for sharing your progress with us.

kate46
May 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Stunning hair and stunning progress! :magic:

Paniscus
May 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Bee'jeepers! That is some amazing growth in 6 months!!!:disco: You certainly grew more than the average half inch a month! And yeah, your hair is gorgeous too :) Congratulations!

NightingaleLHC
May 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Your hair is beautiful!!! wow:)

Mastermindsgirl
May 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

Poolsoflaughter
May 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM
That is excellent progress! Congrats, and here's to another 6 months. :D

may1em
May 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments! It would not have grown so much without the help and advice here - such as cutting down on washings, how sulfates wreak havoc, SMTs, search and destroy, different oils, hair-friendly toys, etc.
Also the keep hair up for a month challenge helped - was pretty successful last December. Thinking about doing it again next month. The ends are in worse condition than they look - being as that they're from the SLS/cones/blowfry straight every day years, and that first pic was a razor cut. So keeping it up has been protecting it a lot, and I wouldn't have even known about the figure 8 or bunning at all without you guys!

You are all seriously awesome.

Blueneko
May 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. It is quite inspiring!

Emme76
May 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
Wow...I just love your hair. The color and curls!!!
It looks so thick. And you have had some great growth....

/Emme

nissamholtz
May 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Your hair is looking great. Well done

tiny_teesha
May 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
the last photo is AMAZING! Your hair has improved so much!!!! :)

FrannyG
May 26th, 2008, 08:40 AM
You've made amazing progress and you have really beautiful hair. Congratulations on a great 6 months! :flowers: