PDA

View Full Version : Paper bag curls (omg curls without heat!!!)

beez1717
August 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I just discovered the paper bag curling technique and I immediately thought of LHC! Anyway, I don't curl my hair because I don't look good with curls but I just had to share with you guys. The person in the video gives GREAT advice and the tutorial sounds really easy to folow.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=WoZ2QGq0n4A

spidermom
August 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM
What WILL they think of next?

tinti
August 18th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Aww poor hello kitty getting snipped and teared appart :( ;)
I saw this a long time ago and had forgotten about it. Kind of great to invent something like that.

LouLaLa
August 18th, 2010, 03:10 PM
ooh I wonder if it works. Ive been looking for a heatless curl method all day and didnt feel like pinning my hair or using a rag bun (my hair is super straight and dosent stay in a sock bun curl either)

Hmm I may have to give this a go :D

EDIT: Just watched this video, and tomorrow I am soooo getting paper bags or thick newspaper and giving this a go! It seems to be like bendy rollers or rags but this seems better as I suppose paper takes up less volume and it less uncomfortable to sleep on (the reason I never curl- I cannot stand knobly pipe rollers or material digging in my head) so this could be potentially great!

Thankyou Beez :D youve got me totally excited now, I LOVE a new hair trick to try :p

RadiantNeedle
August 18th, 2010, 03:29 PM
This looked a bit fiddly to me the first time I saw it. I tried curling with socks the other day and I got one lovely ringlet, while the rest were a mess! Worth it for the hilarious 'Sockhead' experience and for sharing silly photos with friends.
Might give this a try if I can find my stash of paper bags! Seems like a lot of effort though. Hip length hair can be a pain!

Juneii
August 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I love watching Michelle Phan's videos.

Isn't the idea just like rag curling though? Technically you can use whatever strip of fabric, paper, plastic you have and curl your hair with it :)

Yamainu
August 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM
This is exactly what my mom did to me growing up, only with strips of fabric instead... which I imagine are a lot more comfortable. Why in the world did she choose paper bags???

kabelaced
August 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I just discovered the paper bag curling technique and I immediately thought of LHC! Anyway, I don't curl my hair because I don't look good with curls but I just had to share with you guys. The person in the video gives GREAT advice and the tutorial sounds really easy to folow.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=WoZ2QGq0n4A

Thanks for the awesome vid! I will definitely be trying this when my hair gets longer! I love the idea of sleeping with paper in my hair :P

kabelaced
August 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
This is exactly what my mom did to me growing up, only with strips of fabric instead... which I imagine are a lot more comfortable. Why in the world did she choose paper bags???

I think it's more of a survival beauty kind of thing, like that if you're without rollers or you don't have fabric around or something. And it's always more sensational to tell your friends you got your beautiful curls from a bunch of paper bags. ;)