PDA

View Full Version : 6 Month Anniversary! *pictures* :D

Capybara
August 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Exactly 6 months ago today, I joined this lovely community, and have enjoyed every minute of it! :toast: I lurked for a while (translates: years), but hadn't made the decision to consciously grow my hair until about a year ago.

I've gained about 3 inches since joining, which makes me hope that I am within the "normal" spectrum of growing one half inch per month. I hope this continues, because the winter is coming up and I'm enjoying the growth rate :D

Now, on to the pictures!

My starting point. Technically, this hair is already LHC loved, because I had been putting some of the things I learned here (oiling, CWC, staying away from heat, etc) into practice already. However, here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4969&pictureid=64747
As you can see, the hemline wasn't exactly the greatest. It had been 9 months since my last trim. I self trimmed in February (sorry, no pictures of the results.)

Now:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5323&pictureid=79636
I hope to get better pictures taken, better than a crappy mobile camera :p Unfortunately, the lack of flash does not do anything to compliment my hair's texture, but rest assured that it hasn't changed :p I am tilting my head a bit back in this picture, too. So here's one where I am tilting it a bit forward: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5323&pictureid=79637

I definitely need to find my camera and use the self timer (one non-hair-related useful tip that LHC taught me, thank you!!! :smooch: )

I suppose that I should throw in another picture, as it seems customary to celebrate.

The newest hairstyle I learned: Butterfly braids!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5323&pictureid=79638

And a shirt that lengthens my terribly short torso. Heh.

A huge thank you to all the wonderful members here! You make my heart shine! :waltz:

ETA: I trimmed my hair a few weeks ago, and plan to maintain the "u" for a little while. My dream, though, is to grow to classic then cut in some long layers that will (hopefully) enhance my waves.

Pixna
August 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM
:thud: :thud: :thud:

Capybara, you and your hair are STUNNING!!!

heynormy
August 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Great progress!! Your hair is beautiful!! :)

Heartwillfollow
August 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Beautiful hair ,Excellent progress congratulations :)

TinaDenali
August 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Gorgeous!!! I love your hair and you're so pretty!!

ericthegreat
August 18th, 2010, 10:15 AM
You have such wonderful long, beautiful hair Capybara! :cheer: Congrats on your half year anniversary!

WyrdWay
August 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
You had some awesome growth! :D Cheers to a great next 6 months!

Capybara
August 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you Pixna! You've always been so encouraging along the way!

Heynormy, you have gorgeous hair! Thank you!

Thank you, Heartwillfollow!

TinaDenali, you've been some amazing hair inspiration for me - partially because you look great both with short hair and long hair, and partially because your hair has grown so much!

Thank you, ericthegreat! I'm loving the blonde, by the way :cool:

Thank you, Wyrdway! That is some amazing shine in your avatar!

Lilacs
August 18th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Congrats! You have BEAUTIFUL hair!

error
August 18th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Aww yay i love this post! And your hair is Gorgeous i love it ! What kinda shirt is that i have a pretty short torso as well, and with that cut it really does look flattering on the body! hmm!

ericthegreat
August 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you Capybara, I of course really love my new blonde color as well. :flower: Like my mother always says, you can never get too many compliments.

bunzfan
August 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Beautiful hair ,Excellent progress congratulations :)

you have the most beautiful hair :)

Chamomile betty
August 18th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Your hair is lovely. Congrats on your growth.

pennyroyal
August 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Your hair is amazing! congrats!

GoddesJourney
August 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, you look great! That's good growing for hair that long in six months. I find that my hair grows slowly after a certain point. I think you're about at tailbone now.

Loreley
August 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Beautiful hair! Congrats! :D

yellowchariot
August 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Capybara, that is an amazing 6 month progression! Your hair look healthy and absolutely stunning! Rock on! ;)

FrannyG
August 18th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Wow, excellent growth, and I just love your beautiful, thick, silky hair. It's lovely. :blossom:

Isa-belle
August 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Gorgeous hair, and impressive growth! :thumbsup:

tinti
August 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Nice growth! Ah, the butterfly braid is so lovely on you! Super cute.

dropinthebucket
August 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Beautiful hair, and beautiful butterfly braids. :)

Joliebaby
August 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
That is stunning hair right there!!! Congrats on your 6-month anniversary!!

Ryanne
August 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Looks beautiful. :D Very nice progress.

Kristin
August 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Your hair looks awesome!

Prettyeyes23
August 18th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Beautiful! I love your hemline.

Yozhik
August 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Wow, that's some beautiful length and hair! You've definitely made great progress in 6 months :)

I also love the photo of you with the butterfly braids -- can you tell me how to do them?

oceanwoman111
August 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Wow, :thud: Your hair looks marvelous!! Thank you for sharing. It's great inspiration.

Capybara
August 18th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Thank you lilacs, error, bunzfan, Chamomile betty, pennyroyal, GoddessJourney, Loreley, yellowchariot, FrannyG, Isa-belle, tinti, dropinthebucket, Joliebaby, Ryanne, Kristin, Prettyeyes23, Yozhik, and oceanwoman111! Your words mean so much, you're so thoughtful! And you all have gorgeous heads of hair! :D

error - The shirt is actually pretty plain. It has cap sleeves, and ruching in the back, and a crossover in the front. The thing that I love about it is that *drumroll* it is long, without being too long, so it creates the illusion of me having a longer torso :D I think they sell them at stores for tall people.

Yozhik, I was actually introduced to the style here on LHC! This thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53600&highlight=butterfly+braids, and this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8pQ8Ntu1dc It's deceptively quick and simple, and I really like the outcome :) I'd love to see other attempts!

Aerith
August 18th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Your hair looks absolutely stunning! :thud: Congrats on your 6 month anniversary! The butterfly braids look really cute too. :)

Jessica Trapp
August 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Very pretty!

Phexlyn
August 19th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Congrats on 6 months!
I think your hemline has really improved and I love the butterfly braids :flower: So sweet!

Rennire
August 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Your hair looks fantastic! Happy Anniversary!!! =D

cmnt831
August 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Gorgeous hair! :)

Mexibeach
August 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Congrats! Beautiful hair!! :cloud9:

TinaDenali
August 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM
TinaDenali, you've been some amazing hair inspiration for me - partially because you look great both with short hair and long hair, and partially because your hair has grown so much!

Thanks so much, Capybara!! You're so sweet! :blossom:

heynormy
August 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Heynormy, you have gorgeous hair! Thank you!

Oh you're too kind!:D
I'm loving the length! Perhaps, I might change my original goal length!

little_acorn
August 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
You have gorgeous hair - happy 6 months anniversary :D

lhangel9
August 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
keep doing what ur are doing cause your hair is AWESOME! i just love it!

triumphator!
August 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats, your hair is very striking!