PDA

View Full Version : ceramides buildup and shampoo bars question

Cleopatra18
August 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I have recently been trying to use more ceramides in my routine,but i read somewhere that they cause buildup over time.is that true? and how often do i need to clarify?
also I have been using shampoo bars for the last month or so,and im quiet pleased,but i dont know if a shampoo bar is considered as clarifying? will it remove build up and everything or do i need to clarify too?
and finally if i do need to clarify,what shampoos do you recommend? will anything with sulphates work?
I am also interested in your reviews regarding suave clarifying shampoo,and how to use baking soda to clarify.
Also I noticed i am getting dandruff recently,which is something i didnt have when i used to henna.Did anyone try to henna just their scalp and roots to get the benefits of it,or it's just useless in your opinion?(btw my hair is really dark and henna barely shows on it,and if it did,i wouldnt mind the colour diffrence or anything)
too many questions i know :o TIA!

info on Ceramides: thread on LHCF (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488440)

Cleopatra18
August 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Bumping for responses...

Chiara
August 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
What do you mean by ceramides? I've not come across that before!

Also, maybe try the recipes/henna/herbal recipes forum for info on henna and shampoo bars? That's where the shampoo bar experts hang out... ;)

Cleopatra18
August 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I added a link in my first post to ceramides on LHCF (i really hope this is not against the rules or something).
I have been using sunflower oil,and wheat germ oil for about a week and noticing results already,really.

virgo75
August 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I added a link in my first post to ceramides on LHCF (i really hope this is not against the rules or something).
I have been using sunflower oil,and wheat germ oil for about a week and noticing results already,really.

Thanks for adding the link. :flower:

Sorry I can't help with your question about buildup and shampoo bars(never used them myself), but what kind of results are you noticing?

I've used walnut oil and currently have some Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner and both seem to make my hair straighter and smoother. But the walnut oil seems to make my hair feel kind of dry after a while? :confused: Not sure why so I don't use it often.

Cleopatra18
August 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for adding the link. :flower:

Sorry I can't help with your question about buildup and shampoo bars(never used them myself), but what kind of results are you noticing?

I've used walnut oil and currently have some Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner and both seem to make my hair straighter and smoother. But the walnut oil seems to make my hair feel kind of dry after a while? :confused: Not sure why so I don't use it often.
I noticed that my hair is stronger,I am pretty sure of that.Also last time i washed the tangles were alot easier to get rid of,even though i think i really need to clarify.
I also feel like my hair needs more moisture now,i dont really know why but i do think that my hair just feels "right" in general.
I started first using sunflower oil and it was amazing.My hair was so smooth and moisturised,even my ends.Then i added wheat germ oil to it and made a small mix that i am currently using.I dont like it THAT much because wheat germ oil is really heavy and have rather strong smell,but it has good effect on my hair.
I have used hemp oil alot in the past but didnt notice these effects from it,dont know why.I think it might be bad quality or something.
I am planning to get rice bran oil when i can,I heard its a really light oil and it has ceramides.I also used kanechomn ceramides deep conditioner,but didnt really feel anything special.

virgo75
August 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I noticed that my hair is stronger,I am pretty sure of that.Also last time i washed the tangles were alot easier to get rid of,even though i think i really need to clarify.
I also feel like my hair needs more moisture now,i dont really know why but i do think that my hair just feels "right" in general.
I started first using sunflower oil and it was amazing.My hair was so smooth and moisturised,even my ends.Then i added wheat germ oil to it and made a small mix that i am currently using.I dont like it THAT much because wheat germ oil is really heavy and have rather strong smell,but it has good effect on my hair.
I have used hemp oil alot in the past but didnt notice these effects from it,dont know why.I think it might be bad quality or something.
I am planning to get rice bran oil when i can,I heard its a really light oil and it has ceramides.I also used kanechomn ceramides deep conditioner,but didnt really feel anything special.

Thank you for the detailed response. :flower:

I think I'll try to pick up some sunflower and wheat germ oil and see what happens. I love using oils because my hair seems to love them. :crush: