PDA

View Full Version : First French Braid!!!

Lilacs
August 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I just did my first ever french braid, yay! I haven't tried this braid before on myself because I was sure that it would simply be too difficult, but today I decided to give it a try and it worked! I was so proud of myself and my family though I was being goofy, but I guess they just don't understand what an accomplishment this is for me :D

It's not the best french braid, but I think it's okay for a first try :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/Hair%20Pictures/c821399bffc5-1.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/Hair%20Pictures/b41f1de87d8a.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/Hair%20Pictures/f7ab6e675fca-1.jpg

Xi
August 17th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Congratulations, Lilacs! It looks lovely. Very even sections -- mine tend to be lopsided.:blossom:

yellowchariot
August 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
^ Lilacs, that is a very long and superb braid, for just trying! :agape:
Your sections are very smooth, and the outdoor shine is awesome! Rock on! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Two thumbs up and a cheesy dude :cheese:

Lilacs
August 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks!!! Towards the end it gets a little funky, LOL, but I wrapped it up into a bun so it didn't show and wore it that way for the rest of the day :D

AspenSong
August 17th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Looks beautiful! I'd say that's an awesome success myself!
I cannot for the LIFE of me, coordinate myself to french braid my own hair, though I have always wished I could. My attempts always come out looking like I let a 4 year old try to tie knots in my hair. haha.

christine1989
August 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
That's great (especially for a first try)! :) You hair is georgeous too!

Gumball
August 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
It's definitely very good for a first try! Good plan for bunning it when something looked kind of off to you. I'd do the same thing. :D People don't notice what they can't see!

yellowchariot
August 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks!!! Towards the end it gets a little funky, LOL, but I wrapped it up into a bun so it didn't show and wore it that way for the rest of the day :D

That "funky" part doesn't take away the "WOW" factor from your length/texture and overall 'do! :)

I just noticed your bun pic. That is such and excellent and creative way, to end it in a bun.

Lilacs
August 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I feel like such a dork, but I can't stop smiling :) It's the highlight of my day, maybe even my week, haha!

Juneii
August 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
That is quite very fantastic for your first french braid :applause

Loreley
August 18th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Great work! Congrats! :cheese:

beez1717
August 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM
You inspire me. I can't make my own braids I need help from someone else. Maybe you can inspire me to braid my hair myself! but what style of braid should I start with?any suggestions?

Phexlyn
August 18th, 2010, 03:46 AM
That is a fantastic first French braid! :applause
It will get even more even (not that it is very uneven in the first place) if you practise more. Looks very shiny, great job, Lilacs! :)

but what style of braid should I start with?any suggestions?
If you don't know how to braid yet, I suggest an English braid first. Maybe also make a ponytail first as it's easier to section off the strands if you've never braided before. Once you're comfortable with the English braid and feel brave enough, go ahead and do a French braid. Take large sections into the braid, this is easier and doesn't tire your arms so much at the beginning. You can do smaller sections once you've worked out the technique for yourself. :)

Lassie
August 18th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Awesome work!
Well done :)
Looks Fab!

eamane
August 18th, 2010, 05:03 AM
For a first try I'd say it's a very good french braid. Most of the once I make looks pretty much like that one to and I've been braiding for years. Congratulations :cheese:
Also: I had a looked at the bunned braid in your album: It looks great :)

Aquamarine
August 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
OMG! It's awesome for your first try! :thumbsup:
Mine always turn out a bit messy.:(

cmnt831
August 18th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Beautiful! It took me months to learn how to french braid my own hair. You did a fabulous job!

CurlAhead
August 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Your first braid? I wonder how awesome your second, third and fourth braid will look like.
Lovely, and you hair is so shiny, so beautiful, so..

Pallas
August 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM
WOW it's gorgeous! And your hair looks amazing O_o

Congrats! I remember being deadly happy when I first succeeded hehe

Enjoy french braiding! =D

Lilacs
August 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone! You all are so nice :D

spidermom
August 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
That's a first try? Really? Well done!

Chamomile betty
August 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Your french braid is beautiful. Great job.

eezepeeze
August 18th, 2010, 06:28 PM
That's a great first french braid! Was it really the first attempt? I see many beautiful braids in your future :-)

Yozhik
August 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
That is one gorgeous braid, especially given it was your first ever French braid! I love your hair color and length -- it looks like we have pretty similar color/texture :)

pineconejg
August 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Its sooo shiny! Great job.

Lilacs
August 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
That's a great first french braid! Was it really the first attempt? I see many beautiful braids in your future :-)
Thank you! Yep, my very first attempt :)

That is one gorgeous braid, especially given it was your first ever French braid! I love your hair color and length -- it looks like we have pretty similar color/texture :)
Thanks! It would be great to know someone with similar hair, I don't think anyone in my family really has the same type of hair as I do and so I don't have anyone to swap advice with!

Stephichan
August 19th, 2010, 01:36 AM
That is a fantastic first attempt! Congrats!