PDA

View Full Version : Bangs like these?

Miasen
August 17th, 2010, 02:46 PM
So, for a while I've been contemplating doing something with my hair. (I get bored easily). I often wear it in high buns, with my hair pulled back, but don't really like how that look from the front, because I have a small case of widow's peaks. :p So I've been thinking about something like side-sweapt bangs/face framing layers to soften it up. And I finally think I found a good reference to bring to the hairdresser! :D

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/00027325.jpg

It's Julia Roberts in Valentine's Day. :) I like the length, but would perhaps prefer even a little bit more hair to make it even chunkier.

But, what I'm worried about is making it look nice on a daily basis. Anyone have something like this, do you have to do something to them to make 'em look nice? I'm a bit afraid they'll end up like poofballs, completely uncontrollable. :p

Harriet
August 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have similar bangs to that, but with more hair included. I find i need to staighten them to get them to look as polished as I'd like (which I don't mind doing as I plan on keeping them at that length so hopefully the regular trimming will minimise damage). I find I only need to straighten once and that'll last until my next wash.

If you allow the hair to dry put up in some way, with the bangs brushed back into the hair, they dry really smooth and straight, but it takes a long time to air dry like that and brushing whilst wet is not so good really!

vamq
August 17th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I have bangs just a bit shorter than that, and I must say it works pretty well for me.

While I also have 1c/2a hair, my bangs hardly get poofy at all, and if they do, I just "tame" it with a little bit of gel.

I don't mind the bit of damage I cause to my bangs because of the styling products. But that's because I know I'll probably never grow out my bangs (I look horrible without) so I cut them on a regular basis. :)

If you're planning on growing them out again soon, then this advice might not work so well though...

Jenn of Pence
August 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I also have bangs like this but quite chunky. The stylist cut way too much when I had him trim my bangs, and I was quite infuriated. I then decided to just grow them out. So I don't want to mess a lot with them, but they kind of have a mind of their own. With 1c/2a, I think you'll have to deal with them somehow to make them "polished," as Harriet describes, unless you have much nicer waves than my crazy 1c hair!
I agree, though, it's nice to have them to soften a style. I plan on keeping some chin length "wisps" of a much smaller volume once these grow enough to incorporate with the rest of my hair.

kitten1986
August 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have bangs like this... I cut them myself and now they have grown to look like this over afew months
I have straight hair so I find that I dont need to do much styling with them usually I will position and comb my hair where I want it while it is wet and it dries pretty perfectly
If I have a special occasion to attend I will blowdry or straighten it so it looks a little more polished, but that is usually few and far between
I say you should give it a go they are long enough to pin back if you hate them and hair grows :D you might just love it :cheese:

Jenn of Pence
August 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I say you should give it a go they are long enough to pin back if you hate them and hair grows :D

Yes! The great thing about this length is that it can tuck behind the ears :D

beez1717
August 18th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Yes! The great thing about this length is that it can tuck behind the ears :D
Lol! my hair is to thick to keep comfortably held behind my ears. But out does work when you have less thick hair then me.

Phexlyn
August 18th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I have had similar bangs, but the styling was often too much hassle - I had to wash & blowdry them if I wanted them to look really nice and use product. But I agree this sort of bangs grow out quite easily if you decide you don't like them anymore; or if you don't have time you can pin them back, in fact. Although that kind of defies the purpose of wanting to soften your look ;)

Miasen
August 18th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. :D I used to have chin/shoulder length hair back in the days, and didn't do anything stylingwise, and it didn't look too awful, so maybe my hair wouldn't act up too bad, at least nothing a bit of product wouldn't fix. :p

I really think I'm gonna take this idea to the hairdressed next time I go, see what input she has. (Unlike a lot of people here I've never had those real bad experiences with them, so I still trust 'em. ;))