PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone help me? Urgent :(

Laceandboots
August 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM
So from my clip in extensions the hair on my hair line has started coming out a bit, thankfully it's hidden by my fringe. I'm really glad I noticed early so I can stop wearing the extensions because I read on a website if you stop early there's a chance it will grow back. Is there anyway I can grow my hair back quickly?

Also, I oil my hair a lot with heavy oilings, and leave them overnight sometimes. I use olive oil and grapeseed oil and an egg yolk, is there any way this could have been contributing to the hair loss? :(

Nightshade
August 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Well, at least you took them out so that's a good first step :)

Since they were clip-ins I'm sure your hair will grow back, but odds are that it will grow in at it's standard ~half an inch a month. Some people have used various essential oils or monistat to help hair grow faster, but really, the best thing is time and patience.

As for the oilings, many people shed a bit more with oiling/scalp massage, but not to where it's causing hair loss. :)

SharkDisco
August 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I did this to myself a few years ago, first with glue-in extensions and then afterward with clip-ins (apparently it takes me a loooong time to learn my lesson!). After a couple of months of regrowth I stopped noticing the patches that were damaged, and although my hair was thinner than normal for a long time I quickly stopped freaking out about it and learned to live with it. I tied it back a lot and focused on makeup and keeping the skin of my face really clear (substituting one obsession for another).

Time and patience is right. Good luck!

Laceandboots
August 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
At least I'm not alone, and its good the oilings aren't causing it because they make my hair so soft :) I'm going to stop wrapping my hair at night because I think the towel could be pulling at my hair and making it come out as well.

pepperminttea
August 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
As for the oilings, many people shed a bit more with oiling/scalp massage, but not to where it's causing hair loss. :)

And the flip-side is, increasing the circulation to that area of the scalp with massage can encourage hair growth too. :)

emsahib
August 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I've heard of a few products that "claim" to improve hair growth. I've been using Capilong you just put a couple of drops on your scalp and rub in. Can't say I've noticed a miracle growth but I wasn't measuring before I started using it. I've also heard of FAST shampoo and conditioner but lots of people say they find it drying but I've heard good things too. Guess it's hard to tell until you try it. I was also interested in Mega Tek rebuilder, although I think I should finish off the Capilong first and stop being a product junky lol

Shany
August 17th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I did some research...
'' They can actually lead to further hairloss or thinning by pulling on existing hair and lead to premature shedding and may even leave temporary, or in rare cases permanent bald patches. Weaving can also damage hair follicles causing breakage at the point of attachment. Since the technique can be damaging to existing hair strands, people need to think about the risks of the procedure.''

''The damage caused by hair extensions will, in most cases, correct themselves. However Leonora has seen cases where the damage is so severe it resembles alopecia areata. In these cases there are treatments that can help speed up the regrowth process and may be more effective in the long-term to address concerns of thinning hair .''

I don't know if these treatments really restore damaged hair follicles, but it's good for your hair anyways:

'' Treatment for Damaged Hair Follicles

If you have questions like "Can damaged hair follicles be repaired?", the answer is yes. But be very careful, while deciding on the treatments and hair care products. The treatments for damaged hair follicles that repair only the cuticle layer should be avoided as they don't fully repair the hair from the innermost layers and beneath the skin surface. Here are some ways of treating damaged hair follicles.

Oils
Oils of various brands, available in the beauty stores are used to repair damaged hair follicles. You can use coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil for treating hair follicles. The procedure to use them is quite simple. Simply apply the oil in the night, massage it into the scalp and leave it on until morning. Use a mild shampoo to wash the hair. Continue this treatment for a few months, to restore the damaged hair follicles. Oils keep the follicles healthy and nourished. It is recommended to heat the oil, before applying to make it more effective.

Home Remedies
For treating damaged hair follicles naturally at home, use eggs or mayonnaise. Simply apply a layer of mayonnaise on your hair, covering the whole head or massage the egg in your hair and scalp. Leave it on for an hour and wash with lukewarm water. This treatment is used to restore damaged hair follicles.

Healthy Diet
The health and condition of hair is a measure of the body's health. Take a healthy diet and it will automatically be reflected in the hair. Include lots of green vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday. Supplement your diet with lots of fruit juices too for hair loss prevention and to treat damaged hair follicles.

Hair Care
Take proper care of your hair. When going out into the sun, cover your head with a scarf or use an umbrella. Avoid using chemical treatments for your hair such as hair coloring, perming etc. Go for a natural look. If you can't do that, at least give a gap of two months between two hair treatments, to give time to the hair to recover from the chemicals. Also, read and follow the instructions mentioned on the hair treatments to avoid any damage. Read more on hair care.

Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil, derived from the tree Melaleuca alternifolia, has many anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Application of tea tree oil regularly, not only helps in treating damaged hair follicles but also dry hair and scalp. Simply add tea tree oil to your conditioner and apply it on the hair. Leave it on for ten minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.''

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/damaged-hair-follicles.html
http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/the-damage-of-hair-extensions-revealed043/