PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder length?

Mexibeach
August 17th, 2010, 09:31 AM
When would I officially have shoulder length hair? Is it when my hair reaches and sits on my shoulders or does it have to be slightly below that area towards my shoulder blades?

This is my latest foto; am I there yet? :)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/mexibeach/Hair%20growth%20album/12wksAugust2010.jpg

Francoise1606
August 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I would say the tips in the back are at shoulder length so congratulations! :) It's different how people think of the different lengths; some people want the majority of the hair to touch the milestone ( shoulderlength, apl, bsl, etc) and others say it's shoulderlength etc. when at least some of the hair touches the milestone. At least that's how it seems to be in my opinion:)

emsahib
August 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
its a tricky one as the back is longer but I'd say your virtually there as some of it is level with your shoulders :)

little_cherry
August 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'd say you're around shoulder length, too. Congrats! :)

Anje
August 17th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I always found shoulder length to be a tricky one, since most people have trap muscles that are higher than the shoulder at that point. Personally, I consider shoulder to be when hair hits the collarbone, but that's admittedly a bit longer than what lots of folks call it.

Deborah
August 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I don't call it shoulder length until the bulk of the hair sits on the shoulder, and then it looks shoulder length.

Roseate
August 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I call it shoulder length when it touches any part of the shoulders, and collarbone length when it's long enough to go over them a bit. Looks like shoulder to me, at least in the longest parts!

Congrats, it's tough to resist the urge to cut at those short-and-shaggy lengths, keep it up!

alwayssmiling
August 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I think its up to you. You look technically shoulder length because the back just hits shoulders. But I didn't consider myself shoulder length until it reached collar bone. Saying that when the back of my hair reaches apl it will be called apl even though my sides always seem to grow much slower ;)

redneckprincess
August 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
might as well call it!!! congrats

JenniferNoel
August 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that's definitely the top of shoulder length. Congrats!

enjay
August 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I had to chuckle at your sig Mexibeach, I'm exactly the same - bad haircut in May and I'm now sworn off the scissors for ever! My hair is pretty much the same length as yours and I have just declared shoulder length.

Mexibeach
August 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I had to chuckle at your sig Mexibeach, I'm exactly the same - bad haircut in May and I'm now sworn off the scissors for ever! My hair is pretty much the same length as yours and I have just declared shoulder length.

ji ji ji - isn't it awful!! Do you keep asking yourself why you cut it!!? I have NO idea what possessed me to cut my hair!!! How long was yours before you cut it?

Thanks everyone. Majority rules - I'll wait til my next pix and change my current length from chin to shoulder. ji ji ji - giddy with girlish glee that it's come in this much!!! :cheese: LOL I'm excited about it getting to this length, but until the layers grow out more, it will still feel like it is short and thin!! So sooooo thin compared to what it was. I wish I had a shot of it before I cut it.......

enjay
August 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
My hair has been quite short for a couple of years now, I think I listened to everyone who said my hair would look thicker if it was shorter and layered. A good friend told me today that actually the opposite is true, what a surprise!
No more scissors except for the occasional self-inflicted fringe trim!