PDA

View Full Version : Hair expiriment of the day!

error
August 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM
So, I suppose I been feeling like im in a bit of a funk lately , on top of that I have some down time. Perfect setting for an experiment ! *Gets bottle of extra virgin olive oil , jar of clove honey , distilled water , and small mixing bowl.* I used two large tea spoons of clove honey , ten tea spoons of distilled water , and two tea spoons of extra virgin olive oil . All of the products were room temperature , stirred it thoroughly , and then applied all over the head massaged into the scalp gently , and focused hard on the ends even coverage throughout the length of my hair. I plan on leaving this concoction on my head till Wednesday morning in a high bun , I am gross like that , when I wash it out I will let everyone know the outcome. I want to see if it slightly lightens the black chemical hair dye , I also hear that honey does wonders for super silky hair! (thanks to lhc ) Lol!

Well here is a b4 pic of my hair , before my concoction!
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/100E4576.jpg
:->

Oh, and I plan on removing it by slopping on a conditioner and letting it sit while I scrub the rest of my body , letting a conditioner sit on oils breaks up the oils really well! :->

maxzeen
August 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I can't wait for the outcome. Make sure you include a picture!

error
August 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Oh I sure will!

RedheadMistress
August 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
- How was the outcome ?
I'm considering mixing something similar tonight after I wash out my henna, if it went well with your hair ^^

Love the skulls btw<3

Qwackie
August 20th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I wanna see! :D
I like those pants, btw. :3

Deelight
August 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
The skull jammies are awesome! :)

error
August 20th, 2010, 05:27 PM
HEY GUYS , this is super gross its been days! But I just washed it out of my hair today and its almost fully dry LOL . I know im disgusting I also bought EZcombz from the store I cant wait to play! I am going to take pictures really shortly! My hair is super soft !

CurlAhead
August 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Did you have it in for days? I might try that.. But how do you do if you get outside the house while having it in your hair, doesn't it look supergreasy with oil in it?

GoldLady
August 20th, 2010, 05:39 PM
That's a beautiful picture. Love it! :)

error
August 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/silk.jpg Wow I ran my comb through it after running errands and stuff , my hair is like silk , I recommend it to anyone! I am very happy with the results! Sorry for such a bad photo!

error
August 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM
And thank you everyone for the comments! I love them skull jammies lol!:cheese:

error
August 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Did you have it in for days? I might try that.. But how do you do if you get outside the house while having it in your hair, doesn't it look supergreasy with oil in it?
Oh it looked disgusting! And I still went out like that , I looked homeless! Lol but you know with some sloppy up do's you can kinda sorta pull if off as " I WENT OVERBOARD ON HAIR PRODUCTS TODAY" lol or ill just keep tellin myself that! :D

Capybara
August 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
This sounds so interesting! I'd love to try it .. Maybe on a long weekend when I'm having a staycation :D

error
August 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
This sounds so interesting! I'd love to try it .. Maybe on a long weekend when I'm having a staycation :D
Yeah it is def. a staycation project LOL o and havin your hair up for that long you will drop A LOT OF HAIR so , a forewarning!

MissCoco
August 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Awesome! I love honey and olive oil mixes! :D I usually add some castor oil and coconut oil (and sometimes I go a bit crazy and add avocado, wheat germ and almond oil, hehe). Glad it worked for you! :)

error
August 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Oils are fantastic!

Barniie
August 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Im going to do this tonight - so its two parts honey (any?) to two parts olive oil to ten parts water. Can I add a part of coconut oil too? I
ll wash it out tomorrow and tell you how it went!

error
August 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM
Im going to do this tonight - so its two parts honey (any?) to two parts olive oil to ten parts water. Can I add a part of coconut oil too? I
ll wash it out tomorrow and tell you how it went!
Ohhh coconut oil i dont see why not! I used clover honey I am sure any kind would work out fine I really cant believe the outcome though my hair has not been tangly at all and usually it is SO TANGLY! Good luck let me know how it works out for you!

hmmm
August 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM
What was the water for?

.:Alma:.
August 21st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Interesting experiment, I will try too to keep it up all this time!

Just two questions:
Have you applied on wet or dry hair?
The honey was for the peroxid effect, but I seem to remeber that olive oil is actually a darkening oil, so, apart from the silky feeling, how end up the color?

P.S. Skulls rulez.

CurlAhead
August 21st, 2010, 06:35 AM
Oh, and what is clove honey? :confused:

MandyBeth
August 21st, 2010, 06:51 AM
The honey won't lighten if you heat it first. Also, jojoba oil reduces the lightening, but coconut oil increase that. And last bit, if the honey dries, it won't do any change.

error
August 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
The water thrown in the mix was mainly because without it , the mixture was sucha sticky sappy mess , and first i dampened my hair then saturated it in this mixture. then threw it up in a high bun , and it stayed damp and gross. This mixture did in fact lighten , and strip the chemical dye a little , not juristic and not noticeably but i believe if someone has light brown or blond hair color they will have a nice beachy sun bleached hair look with continued use. One thing i did not do was cover my hair in a shower cap to keep the moisture so near the end before i washed it out , areas started to harden yuck! But I may do this as a once a week over night treatment for the silky softness! Oh and i am not sure what clove honey is , i picked it up in shop rite because it sounded interesting and was in this huge glass jar that i can put things in! (as you can see there is no method to my madness , only madness)

xoxophelia
August 21st, 2010, 11:13 AM
I love the honey and oil combo. I really need to do a treatment on my hair ASAP as I have just been leaving my hair totally alone for awhile now.

error
August 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
I love the honey and oil combo. I really need to do a treatment on my hair ASAP as I have just been leaving my hair totally alone for awhile now.
Yeah thats what inspired me to do this! I left my hair alone for a good while :-< poor neglected hair!

chopandchange
August 21st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Are you sure it wasn't clover honey?

error
August 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Says clove on the jar, :/ possibly someone like me works for the company and made a huge typo because clover would make more sense , I believe they produce pollen , im not so sure bout a clove tho!

RedheadMistress
August 21st, 2010, 04:04 PM
- I must say, I did this mix twice in 2 days, each time had it in for 1-2 hours after I had rinsed out my red henna treatment and Wow, my hair is so smooth and tangle-free like you noticed yours being as well !

I've never seen it looking this good o.o

Even with the really bad henna that dries hair, this is the perfect follow-up, to make it look amazing D:

Thanks for the tip, never before found a honey recipe that worked well with my hair . <3

[Only bad thing is I used olive oil, even though I had coconut oil at home, just forgot ahh]

error
August 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM
- I must say, I did this mix twice in 2 days, each time had it in for 1-2 hours after I had rinsed out my red henna treatment and Wow, my hair is so smooth and tangle-free like you noticed yours being as well !

I've never seen it looking this good o.o

Even with the really bad henna that dries hair, this is the perfect follow-up, to make it look amazing D:

Thanks for the tip, never before found a honey recipe that worked well with my hair . <3

[Only bad thing is I used olive oil, even though I had coconut oil at home, just forgot ahh]
I am so estatic it worked for you as well! It serves as great nourishing treatment , day two after wash and my hair has so much body no tangles shiney ! Im so happy , thanks for tryin out my madness!

constantki
August 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I have never put honey in my hair before trying this out-- and my hair has never felt softer!
I'm surprised by how much my hair adores this miracle concoction. Thank you so much!

error
August 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM
I have never put honey in my hair before trying this out-- and my hair has never felt softer!
I'm surprised by how much my hair adores this miracle concoction. Thank you so much!
Its crazy right?! I even like lookin at my shadow on my wall my hair looks so tame ! Lol im sucha dork!

Barniie
August 21st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Ok, my report: (yes I am bored)

BMT (Barniie's Moisture Treatment - Modified SMT)

Honey
Olive Oil
Egg
Hair
Time

Method:
Place two teaspoons of honey into a container. Add about two tablespoons of olive oil, and stir to mix. Add one egg (yolk and white) and stir. At this point, the honey will sink to the bottom and the egg and oil will stay on top. Dont freak.
Stir again and then scoop some onto a spoon (honey AND egg+oil) and grab with your fingers and apply to hair. Massage into roots aswell. Apply shower cap. Leave for 3+ hours.

I'm very very bored - I just applied this to my hair - wish me luck!

Barniie
August 22nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
The suspense is killing me.

Barniie
August 22nd, 2010, 01:39 AM
One more hour to go!!!!!

Barniie
August 22nd, 2010, 02:45 AM
Ok I'm all rinsed out - but still wet! My hair still smells a bit gross like honey... :S

Barniie
August 22nd, 2010, 03:05 AM
Ok, hair is almost dry.

WOW.
WOW.
WOW.
WOW.

For once, I love my hair!

So thick, soft and smooth.

Oh my gosh.
wow.

I will DEFINETELY be doing this again.
Only bad thing is that as the OP said - it dries HARD! I think its the honey and oil combo... anyway, when you wet it, it goes soft again.

TRY THIS :)

Yozhik
August 22nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Error, your hair looks so soft in the "after" photo! I love honey treatments, but haven't gotten around to any recently because I'm lazy and they're so sticky . . . and now all of my honey has been used in a marinade! After seeing your results, though, I'm definitely going to have to go out and buy some more!

error
August 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Ok, hair is almost dry.

WOW.
WOW.
WOW.
WOW.

For once, I love my hair!

So thick, soft and smooth.

Oh my gosh.
wow.

I will DEFINETELY be doing this again.
Only bad thing is that as the OP said - it dries HARD! I think its the honey and oil combo... anyway, when you wet it, it goes soft again.

TRY THIS :)
Oh i cant wait to try this next! Wow my fiance is gonna dump me , he will think I have finally gone off the deep end Lol the next photo of me will be me in a straight jacket with broken eggs all over my head! Aww thank you for this recipe!

error
August 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Error, your hair looks so soft in the "after" photo! I love honey treatments, but haven't gotten around to any recently because I'm lazy and they're so sticky . . . and now all of my honey has been used in a marinade! After seeing your results, though, I'm definitely going to have to go out and buy some more!
Thank you so much! Yeah def. try it out its fantastic , all weekend my hair has been nice!