PDA

View Full Version : hair texture when wet?

dragonchickx
August 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ive been thinking for a while about how my hair feels when its wet or when I am washing it. I rarely shampoo but my hair is always rough and dry at the ends. Even when I use a leave in conditioner before or during a shower it always washes out and my hair still feels tough. Is this normal? I had simi-long hair in college but it would always be silky after a conditioner and I washed it with the same shampoo I am using now almost everyday. I dont blow dry or use hot tools by the way..

christine1989
August 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Mine sometimes feels that way when wet (and dry). If you put coconut oil on the ends regularly while damp it helps a lot and keeps them from developing split ends.

SharkDisco
August 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM
My hair also feels really rough and dry when wet. It got much worse after I dyed it - do you dye yours? It could also be your conditioner. A lot of conditioners contain ingredients that give you that feeling of "slip" in the shower. Have you changed what you use?

frost pattern
August 16th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Does it feel that dry from tips to ends, dragonchickx? Perhaps your ends need some more maintenance? How long is your hair now? Is your water hard, and did you try a lemon or vinegar based rinse at the end?

About effortless conditioner treatments: Some time ago I realized I'm washing-off conditioners. Lush's Vegan conditioner provides the biggest change to my hair texture when whet (it's getting pretty slippery), and thus helped a lot to learn about the time and amount of water I should use.

triumphator!
August 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I would try oiling! There's a good tutorial in the articles section.