PDA

View Full Version : Pics! Loepsie's Ribbon Braid

eezepeeze
August 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hi, guys! This is my ribbon braid! Having a new hairstyle marathon and just thought I'd share! Has anybody else tried this braid yet? Wait! I know one person at least has because I saw it on her thread. Who was that? Thanks for the website, whoever you are :) Anyway, enough rambling...on to the pics!

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0067.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0068.jpg

Kathie
August 16th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Thats cool! I can imagine using ribbons in a braid to coordinate hair with outfits- to get a nice pop effect. hmmmm

Miss Misha
August 16th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Serious hair envy here! I could never get that to stay in my hair - it would unwind as fast as I could wrap it!

eezepeeze
August 18th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Serious hair envy here! I could never get that to stay in my hair - it would unwind as fast as I could wrap it!

It took me a while to get the hang of holding onto the loop above while I was weaving the new loop. It also took me a couple tries to figure out how to secure the ribbon at the top without a long tail hanging out. I finally pulled my hairtie away from the hair a little and wound the tail around it. It held really well and didn't slip down while I was braiding. I did that to tie off the end, too. It makes a really stiff braid that would be good for sports or bike riding or swimming. I like this braid and I think that I will get faster at it the more I practice. It took me about ten minutes to do this one. I also want to work on getting the separation more even between the ribbon. Practice, practice.

Cheeks1206
August 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Very cool! Is it like a fishbone/herringbone braid with a ribbon?

eezepeeze
August 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Very cool! Is it like a fishbone/herringbone braid with a ribbon?

mmmm....not really. You pony your hair at the nape/side and divide the pony into two equal sections. Tie the ribbon around the ponytail holder and kind of tuck the short tail of ribbon into the elastic. Then, you take the ribbon and weave it around the two sections of hair in a figure 8 sort of motion. You don't actually do anything with the hair itself. All the action is in the ribbon. When you get to the end, you secure the braid with an elastic and then wrap the ribbon around and around the elastic to hide it, tucking the final end up under the elastic. I will try to make a tutorial on it on my youtube channel.

Loepsie
September 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Oooh looks great! Thanks for sharing ^-^

eezepeeze
September 22nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Oooh looks great! Thanks for sharing ^-^

Hey!! Thanks!! You are great inspiration! I love watching your tutorials. They are so clear-cut and easy to follow.

Hey, LHC, if you want to know how it's done check out the original on Loepsie's YouTube channel!