PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition For CO?

Aerith
August 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone!

I've recently been experimenting with CO instead of my normal Shampoo + Conditioner routine and so far I love it! I normally use TRESemme Moisturizing Conditioner with Vitamin E for CO. I bought Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition at Walmart last week and I've wanted to try it since I've heard great things about it on this forum. It has no cones which is a plus, I want to experiment going cone free for a while to see how my hair treats me. I used a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the remaining cones in my hair from TRESemme today so next time I want to CO I was thinking of using my new GF conditioner... however I was looking at the ingredients and I'm not sure it would be cleansing enough since I heard only conditioners containing at least one ingredient with "ate" (short for sulfate) at the end work well enough for CO.

Is this true? Has anybody tried Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition for CO or any other conditioner without sulfates? What ingredients should I look for when buying new conditioner to experiment with CO?

You can find the ingredients here if it helps: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garnier-Fructis-Fortifying-Cream-Triple-Nutrition-Conditioner-13-oz/12444604

As always, thanks so much for all your help. <3

Update [9-8-10]: Hey everyone, just thought I'd report back on how the CO with the GF went. It cleansed my hair very well, but I don't think the conditioner was good enough to moisturize my hair, so I'd have to apply another conditioner after it, so it can be more moisturizing. It's just a shame it didn't do many of the great things I've heard about from other people, but it was just as cleansing as my other conditioner that I used for CO.

rosyaddie
August 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I think the theory behind co-washing is that conditioners contain dispersants/surfactants, which are ingredients that blend oil and water, to blend the moisturizing oil into the water. So any conditioner should be okay for co... Although I would try it first on a weekend day, so you don't have to go out with greasy hair if it doesn't work ;).

Aerith
August 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Good suggestion and I didn't know that. Thanks, RosyAddie. :)

breezefaerie
August 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure how it would work but it's a bit too rich for me to CO. I love it a CWC though.

Debra83
August 16th, 2010, 07:39 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=50881

I'm pretty sure that someone mentions it in my thread about GF3N, I just can't remember who, and I'm going out in about 5 minutes. I can try to look later, if you don't have the time as well. I've been using it as a both c's in cwc, and I'm awestruck by it.

VitaR86
August 16th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I've just started COing with Triple Nutrition. So far I haven't had any issues. :shrug:

jennylouwhoo
August 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM
this is what i use for co =]

GoddesJourney
August 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I've been using this for CO for awhile. I like it. I need something this rich because my hair is fairly coarse and a little wavy.

anniemae
August 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I use GFTN as my conditioner after shampooing. I love it (plus it smells great!!) :)

Even though my hair is fine and fairly thin, this still works well for me and doesn't weigh my hair down.

Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll like it. Another good conditioner to use for co-washing is the Suave Tropical Coconut. :agree:

lemonmelon
August 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I use this! I have fairly thin hair but it soaks up moisture like crazy!

I like it :) Hope it works for you! For me, I've noticed that since I started CO-ing, I don't get greasy roots as fast and in particular, since I started using Garnier my hair has been less "crunchy" - I think mainly because the triple nutrition conditioner doesn't have protein.

Aerith
August 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I use this! I have fairly thin hair but it soaks up moisture like crazy!

I like it :) Hope it works for you! For me, I've noticed that since I started CO-ing, I don't get greasy roots as fast and in particular, since I started using Garnier my hair has been less "crunchy" - I think mainly because the triple nutrition conditioner doesn't have protein.

I appreciate everyone's input. :) When I try CO with it, I'll keep you updated. LemonMelon, thanks for reminding me about the protein too. I totally forgot about this not having protein in it either. :o My hair is completely air dried since I washed yesterday and this morning after using it my hair feels a bit different. Both good and bad, it's soft but it seems to be getting more tangly than when I used TRESemme. That could be because there are no cones in it, but it's only after a one time use and I used a harsh shampoo yesterday so I shouldn't be grading it yet.

I'll make sure to report back on how the CO works out for me with this conditioner.

Shany
August 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I never tried Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner, but it's the next one on my list. If you like TRESemme, did you try their coneless conditioner (TRESemme Naturals moisturizing conditioner) ?

emsahib
August 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I wanted to get this a while ago but haven't seen it anywhere so I've come to the conclusion that it isn't available in the uk. Anyone know where I can get some from and if its really worth it?

Loreley
August 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I used it when I was CO-ing but it made hair very greasy when I put it on my scalp. Later I used it as a second conditioner and only on the length and it worked really well. :)

Bianca
August 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I use it for CO... Love it :D

curlsgalore
September 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Never thought about Co'ing with it.

MayaBlue
September 3rd, 2010, 01:26 AM
I used GFTN today to CO. I COed with a lighter V05 conditioner on top but used the triple nutrition as a second conditioner from the ears down. Its more rich so I read that many people on here use it that way. It worked very well.

Aerith
September 8th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd report back on how the CO with the GF went. It cleansed my hair very well, but I don't think the conditioner was good enough to moisturize my hair, so I'd have to apply another conditioner after it, so it can be more moisturizing. It's just a shame it didn't do many of the great things I've heard about from other people, but it was just as cleansing as my other conditioner that I used for CO. :)

Anywhere
September 10th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I've been COing with this exclusively for almost a year now. My hair feels silkier and softer than it used to after a wash, but I only partially credit that to the conditioner, the other conditioners I used to use all were loaded with cones (pre LHC times, I didn't know about cones)

shadowclaw
September 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I've just started COing with this conditioner a little over 2 weeks ago. I use it as the "shampoo" and I find that it works really well. My hair is fine and about in the normal range of thickness, and it doesn't make it greasy or weight it down at all.

I was actually surprised at how non-greasy my roots have been since starting CO. When I tried using sulfate-free shampoos, my roots got nasty quite fast and my scalp got itchy. With CO, I haven't had one itch yet and the grease level is really low.

I've also been following up with a coney conditioner as the conditioner part, and my hair is quite happy. I need cones right now, but I really don't need the sulfates. But it's working well.

~GypsyCurls~
September 13th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I tried it as a cowash and it didn't work that well for me, but it is my HG conditioner :)

birthmarkie
September 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
It didn't work well for me. It seemed too waxy/greasy and not slippery enough, and the scent was a bit strong.