PDA

View Full Version : Tired of green: trim or henna?

XcaliburGirl
August 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I bleached the bottom 2 inches of my hair and applied Manic Panic After Midnight. It quickly went from purplish-black to blue to teal to bluish green to bright green to yucky faded green. I reapplied the Manic Panic and it faded again, even faster because I used less.

It was fun, but now I'm done with it.

I could get it cut, but I am just barely hitting APL and I was hoping to be able to trim it TO this point in a few months. It might be the best option, though. Cheaper, and also I wonder if it'll be harder to cut the processed part off as fairytale ends form. I'm getting a little tired of the crunchy ends and grown out layers (last cut at chin) anyway.

OR

I could try to fade the green out as much as possible using home remedies or color removal products and put a new color over it. I'm thinking red.
I'm tempted to try henna, since it would last longer than semi-permanent. I've always wanted to try it, but didn't want anything permanent or having to keep up with roots.
However, I'm afraid the green tint will never fully fade and I want to avoid damaging my virgin hair trying to get it out. My guess is that red henna would look weird over green.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

little_cherry
August 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
hmm..henna is very permanent...I was wondering if you considered manic panic in a red shade to counteract the green shade as well as small trims as your grow. Eventually the hair will grow out. It would be way less damaging on your ends than a box dye since your goal seems to be around ankle length...I'd be as gentle as possible. If you fade the green out, you're still left with 2 inches of blonde hair.. Even if you apply henna, you'll have 2 inches that are lighter than the rest of your hair. It won't take very long to grow out those 2 inches.

Good luck! ^_^

XcaliburGirl
August 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the reply, little_cherry.
I was thinking of just putting henna on the lightened part... but that may look weird. Plus I've never used it before so I'm not sure if it's hard to contain.

The more I think about it, I'm thinking I'd probably just rather get it cut.

deko
August 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Blue will come out. I'd put red manic panic straight over it and let the blue fade away. You can get ManicPanic out of hair - henna is very permanent color / lifestyle :)

spidermom
August 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
If you're planning to cut those ends eventually anyway, why not try the henna? Red cancels out green; it should work pretty well.

Isilme
August 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I would take into account if you want to hide the damaged ends and in that case what your natural haircolour looks like.
If your hair is dark, try henna and indigo. If your hair is lighter, play with the ends as long as you can stand them and then cut it off.

dropinthebucket
August 16th, 2010, 01:32 PM
People do henna just their roots, though when I applied it to my whole head, I could not figure how! Personally, if it was me, I wouldn't be talented or limber enough, or a fast enough learner of tips and tricks, to keep the henna on a specific two inch section! Unh unh :).