PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Hair? Shampoo on scalp. HELP!

anna francesca
August 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
After avoiding cones and sulphates for most of the summer I reluctantly returned, so because I had been oiling I wanted to get rid of all the oil and used a fair amount of shampoo.

Next day was horrible, it didnt wash out and my scalp was really sticky and frizzy. So I try again with a different conditioning shampoo and make sure to get to all parts of my scalp, ok, it was better but I could still feel the stickiness. :(

Third wash. I take a comb so that I can lift hair and get water directly on the scalp, sulphates and herbal essences long hair shampoo (red bottle), GUESS WHAT. My scalp is still sticky.

I notice that it is especially in the back and top part of my head. Maybe im doing something wrong??? Advice anyone :confused:

Heidi_234
August 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Try applying a conditioner to your hair, leaving it in for a while (say, an hour), and then do a CO wash. Conditioner is said to be more effective in washing out oil than shampoo.

breezefaerie
August 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I second Heidi. I have issues shampooing out oil but no problem if I CO.

Scottish Lass
August 16th, 2010, 10:11 AM
hey, just wanted to say maybe it's the shampoo, i have the herbal essences red rasperry and silk shampoo and everytime i use it it leaves the top of my head with a greasy look and a waxy feeling, maybe it's that if you have newly started using that shampoo rather than left over stuff from oiling

spidermom
August 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I would try a diluted vinegar rinse; pour it slowly over your scalp area while you comb over your scalp to make sure you get thorough coverage. Then rinse a lot. This should help. If not, wait a few days and then try a clarifying shampoo OR do a diluted baking soda rinse followed by diluted vinegar. But don't do too many things in a row.

I have to avoid ever getting conditioner on my scalp so I can't recommend you try that.

pepperminttea
August 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Try a cone-free sulphate shampoo as a clarifying wash?

anna francesca
August 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I decided to try leaving in some conditioner (non cone) and washing it out after a while. I will see how this goes (praying for better results :)) Wish me luck!

P.S may try the vinegar rince in a few days after seeing how my hair reacts to the conditioner

little_cherry
August 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Try applying a conditioner to your hair, leaving it in for a while (say, an hour), and then do a CO wash. Conditioner is said to be more effective in washing out oil than shampoo.
Agreed.

The moisturising shampoo contains cones which sicks to the oils making your hair feels sticky.

Good luck with the conditioner...make sure it has no cones (-cones, -xanes).

Cleopatra18
August 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
hey, just wanted to say maybe it's the shampoo, i have the herbal essences red rasperry and silk shampoo and everytime i use it it leaves the top of my head with a greasy look and a waxy feeling, maybe it's that if you have newly started using that shampoo rather than left over stuff from oiling
I totaly agree on this,the red bottle long hair HE shampoo here is called beautiful ends,and everyone who used it said that it DOESNT WASH OUT.I have HE break's over shampoo and I felt the same.the only good side is that HE products actually smell good.