PDA

View Full Version : PICS My bun curls--or how I "straighten" my hair

eezepeeze
August 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hey, everyone! I just thought I'd share how "straight" my hair was after wearing a cinnabun to church this morning. Notice that the only part of my hair that has loosened curl are a few of the ends. Alas, some use buns to GET curls, while I use buns to RELAX curls--sort of.
Pics are of my hair regular and then pulled out to its "real" lenght.

The bottom of the pics is my current goal--waist when curly--SSOOO close!

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0065.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0066.jpg

Fairlight63
August 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
You have such pretty curls! I wish that my hair had curls like that.

eezepeeze
August 15th, 2010, 07:00 PM
You have such pretty curls! I wish that my hair had curls like that.

Thanks! I'd give them to you if I could! It seems like curly heads always want straight hair, and straight heads always want curly. The grass is always greener, I guess.

lillylonghair
August 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I love you color and texture!!!Keep growing!

Tressie
August 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
You have beautiful curls! Congratulations! Lots of folks pay dearly for what you have naturally, and it looks lovely! (o:

suffer-cait
August 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
i love your curls! just a thought on how to straighten them if you wish. my mother has even curlier hair and as a child she used to put 'orange juice cans' in her hair. think of the containers juice concentrate comes in, those. kind of a pain but she says it worked pretty awesome.

Henrietta
August 16th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I love the colour! And your curls are so nice!
You'll be at waist faster than you think! :)

eezepeeze
August 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
i love your curls! just a thought on how to straighten them if you wish. my mother has even curlier hair and as a child she used to put 'orange juice cans' in her hair. think of the containers juice concentrate comes in, those. kind of a pain but she says it worked pretty awesome.

HAHAHA! It's so funny that you mentioned this because my mom used to use giant peach cans, like the extra big ones, to straighten her hair back in the early 70's. We actually have a picture of it somewhere. Imagine trying to sleep on those things!! But, she managed!!

When I really want to "straighten" my hair, I use gieant velcro rollers and sleep on them. It's a little hard on the neck, but worth it for certain looks. But, it will still have curl to it, just big, stretched out curls. I'll have to do it sometime and post pics of the results.

eezepeeze
August 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I love the colour! And your curls are so nice!
You'll be at waist faster than you think! :)

Thanks!! My hair looks really red in this picture, but I don't think it's usually so red. I wish it were!!

I hope you're right about getting to waist. I'm so ready! Patience, patience, patience.

Thank you everyone for all of your sweet compliments! :)

ravensinger13
August 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Your curls are so pretty! I can totally relate to wanting it straighter some days, though :). Right now I'm living in a cinnabun and only washing once a week or so, so I really only have curly hair for two days every time I wash, and a bun the rest of the time.

virgo75
August 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

I do the same thing - bun for straighter hair. :p
Another thing that makes my hair a bit straighter is camellia oil.
Not sure why though?

Thanks for sharing the pics. :flower: