PDA

View Full Version : Cutting your own hair with bad scissors.

Qwackie
August 15th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I used the wrong pair of siscors and cut off a good half inch off of my now 8 inch long fringe. After cutting off the split ends, there were still more, and more, and more. Like, they were appearing after I cut it. I thought it was probably an illusion from my paranoid mind, so I just left the new splits there, but then they were real, and I cut off more. So now my fringe is full of more splits then before I did it. Right now it wet and I'm deep conditioning with some binding conditioner.

Anyone do anything like this before?

TinaDenali
August 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
How come you kept cutting, dear?! :(

I'd get some new, sharp scissors and just dust your fringe. Otherwise, all of your fringe now has mangled ends and as we know, damage cannot be un-done.

julliams
August 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Just go to your supermarket or beauty supply and purchase a pair of hair cutting scissors and then hide them or label them so that they only get used on hair. This way you know you'll get a good cut each time. Sometimes it takes something like this to learn a lesson and you'll never do it again. The scissors don't have to be expensive, they just have to be ONLY used on your hair. It's kind of like sewing scissors, if you use them for anything else the blade dulls.

StephanieB
August 15th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I, too, wondered why you kept on cutting with dull scissors???

Did you not know that you need to use hair scissors on hair? (ie - scissors used exclusively for cutting hair, and nothing else)

There isn't anything to 'help' your splits mend. All you can do with splits is cut them until there isn't any more split ends. If you leave them, they usually just split further and further up your hair shaft.

Some conditioners and leave-ins will temporarily make your hair look better - but that's just an illusion. Nothing minds/heals/fixes split ends.

What is "binding conditioner"?
Do you mean someting with 'cones?

Speck
August 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I've had that experience. The scissors I've used in the past were the big orange handled ones that I used for paper paper crafts and coupons. ... I didn't know! :o lol Shoot. All I knew was I wanted my hair cut. And cut it was. :cheese: But when I finally got an "official trim" from an "official beautician" she said I did a good job. :p So... What ever you did can't be too bad. Don't be so hard on yourself!