PDA

View Full Version : Are there any ways to regrow hair around hair line?

Laceandboots
August 15th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Hi :) Basically, I have fine hair but I lot of hair so my overall hair volume is classed as thick, but around my hairline I have never had much hair, so my hairline look thin and silly in comparison with the bulk of the rest of my hair. I hope this isn't too confusing :o Does anyone know any ways to stimulate hair growth around my hairline? Thanks :) xxx

sedonia
August 15th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Assuming you aren't experiencing age-related hair thinning, it could be that your hair breaks easily and something you do to it breaks it off at the hair line.

Do you pull it back into pony tails or put it in barrettes? Constantly twizzle it with your hands, or tuck the sides behind your ears?

What direction does your hair grow in the front? I'm talking about the angle your hair follicles point coming out of your scalp. If your hair grows forward strongly, it could be breaking off merely from being pulled backwards (e.g. into a pony tail or bun)

Do you use heat styling, curling irons, or straighening irons? Some hair types can can tolerate some heat styling; other hair types can essentially tolerate zero.

It is normal, I think, to have some fine short hairs around the hairline.

Laceandboots
August 15th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Thank you :) I think it could be that I twirl the fronts of my hair a lot and clip it back, I'm going to stop doing that and see what happens :)