PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser says it looks really healthy!!

julliams
August 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I went to my 20 year high school reunion last night and since I had a voucher, I decided to go and get my hair done for the occasion. I didn't mind it being heat styled since I don't normally do this anymore (since Sept 2009).

So anyway, I asked the stylist if she could tell me what the condition of my hair was and left it open for her to say whatever she wanted. She said my hair was very healthy. I told her that many hairdressers have told me it was dry in the past and she looked at it again and felt through it and said, no, I wouldn't say it was dry at all, just very healthy.

It made my day. They sell products there so she could have said anything and tried to sell me products to "fix" it but she didn't - and I felt like she just told it like it is. She explained to me that they sell two ranges, one is a cosmetic fix (ie it LOOKS healthy as long as the product is in it) and the other is nourishing from within and doesn't have silicones and uses essential oils etc. It was very refreshing to hear it right for once!!

It's really nice to see all that work pay off in the best way and it's proof to me that you don't need the expensive products, you just need to find what it is your hair needs, and give it to it.

KittyLost
August 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
That's really good, I love honest hairdressers! Hope you had fun at your reunion

tinti
August 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Aww, congrats! I have never experienced hearing from a hair dresser that my hair looks bad and then they try to sell something to me, because my mom is a hair dresser and I get the hair products for free or for the prizes she buy them. So I'm kind of spoiled that way, and allways told the truth about my hair's condition :)

freckles
August 15th, 2010, 03:18 AM
that's really nice :) your hair certainly looks healthy to me :)

Coffeebug
August 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Really nice in two ways - nice that you know your hair is healthy, and nice to know you can trust your hairdresser!

julliams
August 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, they are really great there and when you don't go for a while (like me) they send you all kinds of offers like 50% off to come back. The problem for me is that I'm not trimming until April 2011 so I can never take them up on the offers and a regular haircut is $75 (including wash and blowdry) so I find that ridiculously high for just a trim! When I get to goal and start maintaining more, I'll be able to take them up on their offers.

ericthegreat
August 15th, 2010, 09:34 PM
That's wonderful! Its great to hear from a hairstylist that your hair is in great condition. And congratulations on your high school reunion!

Phexlyn
August 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM
It's really nice to see all that work pay off in the best way and it's proof to me that you don't need the expensive products, you just need to find what it is your hair needs, and give it to it.
Thank you for writing these lines, it's just so true and gives hope to those of us who are still looking for a way to treat their hair the way it needs to be treated to look healthy!

I'm glad you had such a lovely experience, it's great to be reassured by an honest professional hairdresser! :cheese:

kristymarie87
August 16th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I love it when that happens!! I still do heatstyle once per week so i think its so damaged. However when i visit the salon they say it is damaged but no where near as much as i think and nothing a trim wont fix....i get mine trimmed regularly (9weeks) and it grows an inch and a half in that time usually :D

x0h_bother
August 16th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I love it when that happens!! I still do heatstyle once per week so i think its so damaged. However when i visit the salon they say it is damaged but no where near as much as i think and nothing a trim wont fix....i get mine trimmed regularly (9weeks) and it grows an inch and a half in that time usually :D
Same here. I would love to come in one day and have her say, "Go away, there is no damage" but that is never the case..:rolleyes: I know there is damage before I even come in. It's why I come in haha.