PDA

View Full Version : Blowdrying sucks....

lillylonghair
August 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I haven't blown my hair dry in ages. I was in the mood to wear my hair down and figured "Why not blow it dry pretty and get some more mileage out of my shampoo day".

WRONG!!!!:mad:

Ugh,first of all even though I air dried for a good 45 minutes to an hour.It still took FOREVER to blow dry it.And even though I used this pre-blowdry stuff AND used some Panacea on my ends,my hair still feels dry.:(

I think it's safe to say that my blowdry is going in the garbage.

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
When I use mine on the cold setting, my hair doesn't feel as dry, but I suspect it just be in my head. LOL

ravenreed
August 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
On the rare occasion I use mine on low or medium setting, my hair is fine afterward. I never leave it too long in one spot though.

klcqtee
August 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Don't throw it away! Save it to defrost your freezer :)

Roseate
August 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
The last time I blowdried, I loved the results so much that I was all "forget this LHC gentle-care nonsense! I'm going back to heat styling!"

... But then I learned that I've become far too lazy to do it regularly anymore. Natural waves it is!

spidermom
August 14th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I usually just blow-dry through the scalp area and maybe halfway down the length. No dry ends. I love the results!

Beatrice
August 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I know what you mean. When I blow dry, I can feel a difference in texture for the first couple hours at least. It takes a while for my hair to "settle down" and feel as soft as it does after air drying. Once it softens, I prefer the look of it better than my air dried hair, which can be a little frizzy and flyaway (as it is for everyone, I suppose).

The exception is my air dried hair let down from an updo. Molding the hair by putting it up is, for me, a lot more effective than heat styling. The latter just sucks the moisture out of my hair, and once my hair "drinks in" moisture from the air, the style disappears with the dryness.

Copasetic
August 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I actually miss blow drying my hair. I hate having wet hair all the time. Unfortunately, it has been way to hot where I live to even think about blow drying.

lillylonghair
August 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I know what you mean. When I blow dry, I can feel a difference in texture for the first couple hours at least. It takes a while for my hair to "settle down" and feel as soft as it does after air drying. Once it softens, I prefer the look of it better than my air dried hair, which can be a little frizzy and flyaway (as it is for everyone, I suppose).

The exception is my air dried hair let down from an updo. Molding the hair by putting it up is, for me, a lot more effective than heat styling. The latter just sucks the moisture out of my hair, and once my hair "drinks in" moisture from the air, the style disappears with the dryness.

I also prefer my air-dried hair! I have finally discovered my hairs natural waves after years of short,styled hair so I think my hair blown out really threw me off!

lillylonghair
August 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I usually just blow-dry through the scalp area and maybe halfway down the length. No dry ends. I love the results!

I think next time I feel the need to blowdry I will just use my diffuser through the roots.

May
August 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I really doubt that one time hairdryer use would dry out your hair but who knows... I could never live without my hairdryer especially in a colder climate :cheese: