PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow hair

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Has anybody seen this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4082270561/

Her hair is so long and.... colorful!!! :)

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Not a look for me but hey whatever works!

Roseate
August 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yes (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42893), she's a member here, but some folks unfortunately got quite rude on that last thread so I think she probably isn't coming around these parts anymore.

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I prefer more natural colors, too. But I thought it was interesting and, if anything very original.

Aw, well that's a shame. Her hair is quite vivid.

tanya222
August 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Oh that's gorgeous! It is her real hair, right? It doesn't look like a wig....

I'm just wondering how much she had to spend on Manic Panic for all those colours....

Even if I had the guts to do that, I couldn't afford it...

Wish I could though. I can just imagine showing up to work like that :p I'd either get fired or get a ton of tips :)

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM
LOL, I hear you on that. I admire someone with the ability to do something like that.

Elistariel
August 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I adore :inlove: her hair. I'm trying to get a job right now so I can't do that. Also I don't think I could afford the upkeep even with a job. If I could find a way to do that, but temporary I'd be all over it. -Also without bleaching my hair. Ah well, I can dream.

lastnite
August 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
very cool... I wish me and my hair could pull something like that off... it would probably fry my hair though. I guesss she uses temp color? I can't imagine doing the roots and separating all the colors.

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:29 PM
The idea of bleach doesn't bother me that much, because I bleach my hair. But I am a natural blonde so it doesn't take too much to lift my hair, therefore not too much damage. Nothing I can't fix, or trim.

redneckprincess
August 14th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I think it looks nice and to each their own ya know!! I just as a MP user wonder how these colors do not bled onto each other when washing?

JenniferNoel
August 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
BTDT (almost). Having naturally light-enough hair, the bleaching really never caused me too much damage. I used to do blonde/black/blue stripes on some pretty long hair and never had any issue with damage.
Now I wanna do my hair rainbow. :p

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
@redneckprincess, I love your SN, I am a Texas girl, very cute!! In beauty school we were taught to not bleach and red at the same time because of that issue, or to atleast be very careful... I'm not sure how it works with manic panic colors and such, but I would imagine she would have to do the darker colors first, and then the light?

Roseate
August 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure how it works with manic panic colors and such, but I would imagine she would have to do the darker colors first, and then the light?

How she does it (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3838719828/). It involves a lotta plastic wrap! :)

longblondetan
August 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
How she does it (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3838719828/). It involves a lotta plastic wrap! :)

OH! That makes sense :) Thanks.

Juneii
August 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm really sad that we scared her away, I would have loved to hear more about her routine. Her hair is incredibly resilient and undamaged after all the bleaching and coloring.

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I'm sad she got scared away too. :( I honestly think that it looks awsome on her but would look awful for me. That and I'm not a bright, bold color sort of girl. I like my pastels and neutrals.

twilight_faerie
August 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'm also disappointed that we scared her away :( I've never seen hair like that before, which is a shame, because it's so...interesting! It's such an awesome departure from the boring hair I see on people every day (so is long hair :)). It's really pretty, too. I've always wanted to dye my hair a bright, unnatural color, but I've never had the guts to do it.

KittyLost
August 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Its gorgeous, I wish I had the guts to do all over rainbow hair, I only managed a rainbow fringe!

ravenreed
August 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I love her look. I would do more unusual colors on my hair if it wasn't so darned dark to begin with. It would never get to white. Already tried that many years ago, and it wasn't successful. I ended up with pumpkin orange, which while unusual, is not terribly flattering on me. I am waiting impatiently until all my hair is grey so I can try to do the fun colors then.

Speck
August 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I think it is absolutely beautiful! And big time kudos to her for being no one but herself! I love it!

Nevada Rose
August 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Has anybody seen this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/4082270561/

Her hair is so long and.... colorful!!! :)

Wow! Very pretty. I will call her "Wild Thing!":)

GlassEyes
August 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Yes (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42893), she's a member here, but some folks unfortunately got quite rude on that last thread so I think she probably isn't coming around these parts anymore.
Yes, sadly. Quite rude doesn't cover it.

She has very lovely hair. ): I'm sad that immediately after joining here she got to see the ugly side of LHC before the good.

little_cherry
August 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I love her hair. It's absolutely amazing! <3

Yeah..that's so unfortunate....Some people won't stop at being rude...they go beyond.. :(

Synthemesc
August 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I think that her hair may be the most beautiful I've ever seen, can't begin to imagine how much time and effort that takes, not to mention how much it would cost to maintain. Bit angry about the rude comments, but jealousy is a terrible thing. :P
Makes me want my teal hair back... *eyes up the bleach*

RachelRain
August 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
it's like Rainbow Brite personified. that's fricking awesome.

Jenw777
August 14th, 2010, 09:01 PM
That woman needs to come visit my house and spread the happy pink happiness! I would love my hair like that! I was looking through her album, and I seriously think she's the COOLEST person ever. Come gummy bear my house!

Kyla
August 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I absolutely love her hair!!! If only I had the courage to do something that amazing with my hair

May
August 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I love her hair. It's absolutely amazing! <3

Yeah..that's so unfortunate....Some people won't stop at being rude...they go beyond.. :(

I believe those people were jealous because people post pics ALL the time here of their hair and I've barely ever seen anyone make a rude comment...in fact people seem to be nicer to those who think they have ugly hair or who think their hair is falling out, low self esteem etc...It's strange that when someone posts who is beautiful and self confident that people want to come down on them, drag them down...sad. That is all. :cheese:

On a happier note I love Rainbow Bright and this girl reminds me of her! :p

anthonyswife
August 14th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Wow, that's so beautiful! I love seeing people going against the grain of society.

Petite Simone
August 14th, 2010, 11:20 PM
wow! I love it! I used to have bright turquoise/ blue hair. The color was called fishbowl blue. I don't think they make it anymore, and boy do I wish they still did. It makes me sad to think that people were rude enough to make her not want to come around :( I think she would be a wonderful addition to the community. Rainbow hair is still long hair.

Elistariel
August 14th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Yes, sadly. Quite rude doesn't cover it.

She has very lovely hair. ): I'm sad that immediately after joining here she got to see the ugly side of LHC before the good.

I just glanced at the thread you're talking about. Pages 1-5, and then the last page cause I'm lazy like that. I must have missed most of the rude comments. All I saw was someone stating a differing opinion. What's wrong with that? So what if someone sees a photo of me and says they don't like it? :confused: It'd be no skin off my back. Woop, so someone who doesn't know you and who you don't know doesn't care for your appearance. (By the use of the word "you" I mean "you" in general, myself included.)
Yeah, I don't get what the big deal was. :shrug:
Sometimes I don't think it's about being nice OR rude, an opinion is just an opinion.

lastnite
August 15th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I just glanced at the thread you're talking about. Pages 1-5, and then the last page cause I'm lazy like that. I must have missed most of the rude comments. All I saw was someone stating a differing opinion. What's wrong with that? So what if someone sees a photo of me and says they don't like it? :confused: It'd be no skin off my back. Woop, so someone who doesn't know you and who you don't know doesn't care for your appearance. (By the use of the word "you" I mean "you" in general, myself included.)
Yeah, I don't get what the big deal was. :shrug:
Sometimes I don't think it's about being nice OR rude, an opinion is just an opinion.

I didn't see anything really rude either, just a few people didn't care for it and some comments said it must be damaged, she got offended. With something like that you have to know before going in some people won't like it, it's like tattoos and piercings... or heck, even long hair, we read here all the time how people get comments that people don't like their long hair. Then there will be alot of people who do like whatever you do or wear. That's life.

SurprisingWoman
August 15th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I think she is adorable.

I don't think if I went to a long haired community where people are allll about long hair, and I had long hair, I would be happy if they dissed me.

I have dyed, straightened, permed, blow dried multiple times a DAY, hot rollered.....

We do provide support for members even when they don't do what "we" would.

When someone is new they should be treated nicer until they feel like family but either way...

She wasn't uber welcomed but she is a bit sensitive.

I think with rockin' hair like she has that she can say "KIMBA" to us without losing much at all. She obviously knows what works for her hair.

I think LHC lost on this one. :(

Heidi_234
August 15th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Elistariel and lastnite, trust me, there were some rather rude comments over there. If I was 'welcomed' this way in a new forum I would never have returned either. What a shame, words cannot describe how much I love her hair and wish she stuck around for longer. :nono:

Finoriel
August 15th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Mod hat on:
The other threads had been closed because of their contentiousness. Here at LHC we support discussions and people stating their positive and critical opinions. We do not exclude people of either opinion from threads. Everyone is allowed to participate, as long as it is done respectfully.
WiselyChosen is a member here, and the level of respect from both sides of the discussion has not been in keeping with how we expect members to communicate with each other.

And since this thread is evolving to a rehashing of the already closed discussions - I&#180;m going to close this one, too.
Pending moderator discussion, for now.