PDA

View Full Version : I have it!!

TheLuckyLurker
August 14th, 2010, 03:26 PM
A goal length, that is. After almost a year, I've decided on... bra-strap length! That's plenty long for me, especially since I'd like to wear it down, which gets tricky after a certain length.

When I decided on this, I measured to see how long my hair would have to be to meet that goal, and came up with 25 inches. Which means I have 19 inches (and a minimum of 3 years growing) to go. Grow hair, grow!

FrannyG
August 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
BSL is a great length. It definitely looks like long hair to just about everyone, but it can be easily worn down, as you said.

Keep growing, and I look forward to your progress! :blossom:

jera
August 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Congrats on making this decision. Now, good luck growing. :cheese:

tinti
August 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Congrats on deciding! Looking forward do see your progress :)

lillylonghair
August 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Hehe that was my original goal but since my hair has reached APL, it still feels short to me and I want to grow to hip!

Happy growing though. We'll be here through all of those yucky 'I want to chop it all off' phases:)

lillithnight
August 14th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Good for you! Are you going for the hug brastrap fro, or BSL when Straight. I'm going for midthigh straight and waist length curly. It's going to take 4 more years, 5 if I trim as my layers grow out.

Henrietta
August 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats! It is always easier to wait when you know what you are waiting for and how much you have to wait still! :)

missfortune9335
August 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm working on making to BSL right now, although my eventual goal is waist. I think you're right, it is still pretty long without getting into the "special needs" type of attention and care. Good luck to you, and happy growing!

Yozhik
August 15th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Great goal choice :)

That was my first goal when I got here, too. I've finally gotten to it from shoulder length, and now I'm on my way to waist ;)

Sissy
August 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Congrats on deciding. I wish you much success!

mariika
August 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
congrats! saw a girl with bra strap length today - gorgeous hair, hope your is just as great! enjoy it

DiablitaNoir
August 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Good luck on your goal! I'm a little past BSL now, on my way to waist. It's a great length and the journey there is full of excitement and anticipation!

deko
August 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
BSL is such an easy lenght, you can do many nice buns or keep it loose. The only problem is (or is it just me) that the BSL hair sticks to your armpits when it's loose. But you can trim it easily by yourself and it feels long(ish).

TheLuckyLurker
August 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I'm mostly past the stage where I wanted to cut it because it looked so awkward; the biggest issue I see coming up is whether to pause and get rid of the layers at some point or not. I don't think I will any time soon, I kind of like them.