PDA

View Full Version : LOVE JLO's Fringe

shawneez
August 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
LOVE this cut and think it may be a good cut to get rid of a lot of the damage caused by my now ex careless hairdresser..........Plus this fringe cut looks great in up do's.

Check out JLO's fringe........do you think you can do this same hair cut but with a side part instead of a middle part. Would love to find directions on how to do this kind of cut.

See it at............

http://www.zimbio.com/Hollywood+Hair/articles/49/Jennifer+Lopez+s+New+Fringe

LouLaLa
August 14th, 2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-g3lrhzE

These are pretty good directions in my opinion as she sections the hair really well and is pleasant to listen to (I always think thats important) :p

Its pretty much the J-Lo fringe but alot depends on hair thickness, texture etc too.

Good luck, hope it helps :)

Jenn of Pence
August 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah, it's a nice and soft look with flexibility on how to do it. :)

Kristin
August 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Those are pretty bangs. I think I'll keep this photo for future cuts...

Heidi_234
August 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I don't trust celebrities anymore; one day they have heavy blunt fringe, the next - their entire hair is brushing hip length. :p

McFearless
August 14th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I used to have bangs like that.. I did them at home.. It was an accident really. They're very 70's- Jane birkin and you can easily swish em over to the side..

So yeah I think it would work for you :) Print the photo and take it to the hairdresser! Be sure to tell them what you DONT want...along with what you do want.

Good luck!!!

GlennaGirl
August 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Oh, my. These are just beautiful!

Katurday
August 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I have that fringe. Its called the "grown out and in my eyes straight across" fringe.

It sucks, don't get it.

Lassie
August 15th, 2010, 12:42 AM
LOVE that fringe! I have had one like that a couple of times.
Love the way it looks, especially with updo's, but it is very annoying.
You do get used to it being in your eyes, so give it a go!

Sarahmoon
August 15th, 2010, 01:59 AM
It looks good but how on earth can you see straight with that? Hair in my eyes would drive me mad. Whenever a fringe hair pokes in my eye it hurts!

lilravendark
August 15th, 2010, 04:16 AM
I love fringes but I dont want a permanent one I get the clip in weft like ones looks the same style as that. I always remember cutting a fringe when I had long hair loving it then getting really annoyed after around three weeks. I do really enjoy rocking the look it looks very sultry with long hair

30isthenewblack
August 15th, 2010, 05:23 AM
That fringe looks great. I've always wanted a fringe but alas with curly hair, it wasn't meant to be although I did cut myself a fringe when I was about ten - never again!

triumphator!
August 15th, 2010, 10:39 AM
All you have to do is grow out regular bangs!

GlennaGirl
August 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
That fringe looks great. I've always wanted a fringe but alas with curly hair, it wasn't meant to be although I did cut myself a fringe when I was about ten - never again!

Do you know what I saw at the beach while I was on vacation? A girl with curly (I don't know--I'm guessing 3a?) glossy black hair, but straightened bangs. It was the COOLEST look.

Of course, as I said...she obviously had straightened them and I bet it took a ton of product to get it to stay that way, especially at the beach! But your post made me think of it so I just thought I'd mention it.

JCFantasy23
August 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I love fringes like that. They are my favorite. Sadly when I wear my bangs that long and wispy they always irritate my eyes so much that I end up brushing them away.

silverjen
August 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Cute! But I bet she's constantly brushing them out of her eyes (when she's not being photographed).

MNoelH
August 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I like the look, but that is one I thought I would never grow out. When at home, I was forever putting barrettes in goofy looking spots just to get some relief from the constant tickling. And headbands right on my hairline. It looked insane, but it worked.

When I was out and about, I would put lots of product in the bangs hair and blow it dry to imitate or fake a cowlick to keep it out of my face.

spidermom
August 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
How good they look depend on your face shape. Round or square faces? Bleh! Not flattering.

trillcat
August 15th, 2010, 07:45 PM
How good they look depend on your face shape. Round or square faces? Bleh! Not flattering.

I disagree Spider.

Emily Deschanel (Bones) has bangs now and a very square face. Her bone structure could cut glass. Her bangs soften her very sharp features.
I agree on the round face, that is me, I cannot wear bangs above my eyes, I look like a pumpkin.

Flossy
August 15th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I love the idea of a fringe much more than in practice. I love the look of JLo's but the amount of product and heat it would take to get mine looking like that would be tantamount to hair torture!

Go for it though!