PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting my hair trimmed. Pray for me!

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Ok so I'm getting a trim IF my fav hair cutter is there because I know she will do as I ask. Why is it that parents don't understand that I can go 3 days without washing my hair? Sorry tangent I know. Anyways I hope I come home with hair about as long as it is now. Bye all, I'll see you in a few hours, hopefully not sobbing.

tinti
August 14th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Good luck! I'll pray for you :cheese:

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah I still have hair. I got a nice trim and I bet no one can tell the difference

irishlady
August 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Oh dear, I know the feeling.
I'll pray it works out okay lol, let us know!

irishlady
August 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah I still have hair. I got a nice trim and I bet no one can tell the difference

oh i just saw your update, glad it went well!! :)

Henrietta
August 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM

And can you tell the difference? I don't mean the "my hair is so short" but this one: "me hair feels healthy?" :)

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, I can tell the difference.

marzipanthecat
August 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yay! At last - someone went to the hairdresser and got what they asked for!

I am glad it went well for you.

I am a bit sad that this is such an unusual case!

JesusFreak88
August 14th, 2010, 04:01 PM
At least she listened to me and not my parents who told her to chop it all off. Then again she has known my mom since high school.

LisaButz2001
August 15th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Why did your parents rell her that? Your profile pic looks nice.

Peggy E.
August 15th, 2010, 10:34 AM
At least she listened to me and not my parents who told her to chop it all off. Then again she has known my mom since high school.

From another Cheesehead - You are old enough to override any strange and unusual request made by your parents in any capacity dealing with how you live your life, where you live your life, how you choose to dress/act/present yourself. You're an adult and free to make your own mistakes - and learn from them - and your own decisions!

Go forth and LIVE, lady!! Glad you stood up for the trim and particularly so that you had a hairdresser who followed your wishes - whether it was standing up to the parents or following that unheard of request of following the customer's wishes.

JesusFreak88
August 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
GO WISCONSIN :cheese:

Sarahmoon
August 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Good it went well. But I'll pray for you to have courage to self trim next time anyway ;)

my2cats1
August 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Glad it went well, and that you are happy with the results!

Care to share how you communicated your wishes to the hairdresser? For example, did you say "no more than 1/2 inch" or did you show where to cut with your fingers? Or did you use the word "dusting?"

JesusFreak88
August 15th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I asked for a very short trim. She asked if I just wanted to clear up the split-end and even my hair out and I said yes. I should point out that I went to a barber shop not a salon so they just might be mo understanding. Granted I will only let her touch my hair not the men who work there. Their notion of a trim is very different.