PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Hair Straighteners

forgetmenotak
August 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm not talking about my whole head, just my bangs. I'm getting bummed out with my wonky bangs, and since it is so hot right now I sweat which ruins my styled bangs. I'm also thinking for next summer; since I'm planning on moving to Dallas.
My question is would a chemical hair straightener work? Would I lose all volume. I'm not worried about damage, because I'll only do it there. I would also really do it over the summer months, since I don't mind styling the rest of the year.
Thanks for advice and input. :)

anniemae
August 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM
A friend of mine got the Coppola Keratin Treatment done just on her bangs. It really looks nice, but only lasts for about 3 months. It's perfect for the summer!! :)

forgetmenotak
August 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
A friend of mine got the Coppola Keratin Treatment done just on her bangs. It really looks nice, but only lasts for about 3 months. It's perfect for the summer!! :)

Did she get it done at a salon? That's a good idea, and I can't think that it would cost that much.

kwaniesiam
August 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
You can get a thermal ionic straightening done on just your bangs, you won't lose all the volume but it will permanently straighten the hair. Call some local salons and ask if they offer this service.

anniemae
August 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Did she get it done at a salon? That's a good idea, and I can't think that it would cost that much.
Yes, she got it done at a salon. She paid $60 for bangs (the whole head would have cost her $300).