PDA

View Full Version : My hair is getting damaged while I'm sleeping!

Gilly
May 19th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I have noticed that I seem to have 2 areas in my length that look like they are thinning out, its on the area that my memory foam pillow sits when I am lying on either side, I am using a satin pillowcase but I am still getting the thinning.
I am getting a bit worried about this!
I cannot sleep on my back for long so that's not an option!!

morgwn
May 19th, 2008, 01:22 AM
What do you do with your hair when you go to sleep? Worn down? Pulled back into a low ponytail with a scrunchi? Or up in a sleep cap? (The latter might be the easiest way to keep your hair more protected.)

I also use a full silk pillowcase and have found that to be much gentler on my hair than my old satin one.

Gilly
May 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Its always the same, I can't get it to stay in anything as its still pretty short and my hubby would divorce me if I went to bed in a silk cap!!
I think I may have to change my pillow as I've never had this problem before :rolleyes:

morgwn
May 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Its always the same, I can't get it to stay in anything as its still pretty short and my hubby would divorce me if I went to bed in a silk cap!!

:laugh: That would be no good!

You can try another pillow as it may be the way that you lay on this one that just rubs on one point. I would say to perhaps try a silk pillowcase as some point, however.

k_hepburn
May 19th, 2008, 03:10 AM

Now here's a woman who knows not to take her hair obsession that one step too far. :D:D:D:D

I'd second the suggestion on replacing the pillowcase with a silk one before replacing the pillow, if you are in fact comfortable with the pillow (a well rested neck and spine are worth a lot, too!).

Greetings

katharine

AutumnLeaves
May 19th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Not sure I have any advice on this one, but I do want to say you have the prettiest eyes! I know that from birth on, people tend to have hair issues on whichever part of their head rests against something while they sleep. Sometimes it is just in a hair quirk from sleeping on that side, but there can also be hair loss. I hope you figure out a way, and if you do, please share!

Dvips
May 19th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Since you already use a satin pillowcase, I guess the next step is to try another pillow. However, you'd have to try it for a few months to determine if that is what was causing the problem.

FrannyG
May 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Although your hair might be too short for my go-too bedtime style, which is a scrunchie bun on the top of my head, perhaps you could try a French braid? I find that anything that holds the hair in place is preferable to having it lay there loose.

I'm with you on the silk sleep cap. I don't think anything could get me to don one of those. :p